Looks like you need the best commercial smoker on the market. Let’s get after it…
If you own a restaurant or plan to launch one that will serve authentic BBQ fare, you need to get a good smoker as one of the first investments. Smokers are important in the food business, especially the ones that deal in steaks, grilled food and meats. Smokers for commercial needs, for obvious reasons, are more powerful and effective than the ones used at home. In this post, we will guide you on how to choose the best commercial smoker on the market.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Weston 48-Inch Outdoor Propane Vertical Smoker
Reviewing the top five products
When it comes to selecting a commercial smoker, you need to consider a few basic aspects. For example, what’s the size you are looking for? How much meat do you expect to smoke or cook each day? Will you be smoking outdoors? Considering that you are starting small, here are the five commercial smokers that we liked.
- Weston 48-Inch Outdoor Propane Vertical Smoker. If you want a big smoker that’s considerably bigger than the standard sizes, we recommend this one by Weston. This one runs on propane and comes with a rotary igniter for a quick start. You will also have an external temperature gauge, which displays the temperature inside the smoker, so you don’t need a separate thermometer. There are also two sausage hangers that come handy for commercial use.
- Smoke Hollow PS4415 Pro Series Propane Smoker. This product comes with two 11, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners, which are independently controlled. What makes this a great product for effective commercial use are the two large wood chip trays, which can be loaded externally. There are two cooking grids and additional jerky style cooking grids. The water pan is porcelain-coated, and you get a heat indicator that helps in controlling temperature.
- Bradley Smoker BS916 Digital Bluetooth Compatible Smart Smoker. Bradley Smoker is one brand that knows how to create smokers that are effective for commercial use. This one comes with a touchscreen, which allows the user to control everything, right from the temperature and time to the amount of smoke, making it ideal for commercial use. If you are looking for a smart product that requires limited supervision, this is the one to go for.
- Masterbuilt 20070215 Electric Smoker with Bluetooth. Talking of the most amazing brands for smokers, Masterbuilt is one that stands the test of time. This is a 40-inch smoker that comes with Bluetooth technology to make the smoker a smart one. For commercial use, this is perfect, because you get 975 square inches of cooking space, with four smoking racks that are chrome-plated. It also includes a built-in meat probe thermometer, so you need to monitor the cooking process. The wood chip loading system is on the side, so there’s no loss of smoke.
- Camp Chef Smoker 18-Inch Smoke Vault. If you want to go for a large smoker that doesn’t cost a bomb, this one from Camp Chef is a standard buy, which is ideal for small diners, eateries and restaurants. It comes with two smoking racks that are adjustable, with three adjustable damper valves. A thermometer is included on the door, and with snap-ignition, getting started is easy. In fact, the product is also great for home use.
Things to consider while buying a commercial smoker
First and foremost, consider how the smoker will be fueled. If you want radiant heat, electric ones are the best, but propane smokers are also popular and in demand. It is also a good idea to consider what you want in terms of the size. If you are cooking big batches, consider investing in a large commercial smoker, while small eateries can start with smaller ones. The brand, as with any smoking and grilling product, is of great importance, and you have to consider the warranty, as well. It should be noted that outdoor setups are not allowed in many areas, so don’t select a product that might be restricted in your area. The best commercial smokers are usually large, but it also depends on how much of a steak/grill service your restaurant is.
Finding the best commercial smoker doesn’t have to be a huge challenge. It does not have to be frustrating because of the plethora of different options that exist out there on the internet. Sifting through all the choices can be daunting and kind of a headache. So don’t worry, we are here to help! If you give us the opportunity, we will always do our part to find the absolute best options that exist on the internet. We meticulously search through tons of different options to make sure the smokers we are bringing to you are firing on all cylinders. Finding commercial smokers with great features, great prices, and great manufacturing is what we are here to do. And when you take a look at the options we have come up with, we are certain you are going to see exactly why we think these are the best options money can buy. Because what we want for you is to be able to smoke some delicious meat to absolute juicy tenderness that you can love and enjoy every time you use the smoker. Plus, when you let us take the time to find all the best stuff, it gives you more time to do what you love. In this case, it’s smoking meat that tastes great and is tender every time you use your new commercial smoker.
When you take a look at the smokers we’ve put together, we don’t necessarily expect you to know the exact brands that we’ve put together. There are a lot out there, so it can be hard to know them all. What we do know is that the manufacturers that we found for commercial smokers are the best of the best. There is a lot of great, positive chatter about the smokers we have on our list. And just because an option is the most expensive, does not mean it’s always going to be our favored, number one option. Our top choice needs to be a culmination of different characteristics that make it the “best”. Sure, price matters, we want our options to be affordable and not break the bank. But we also make sure that what we recommend also has excellent functionality, great features, and a manufacturer that will never let you down. Because when you find a great company that makes awesome products, chances are they have some other excellent goodies for you to try out too. So peruse what we found, we think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the smokers that we found. They truly are great at smoking that meat to absolute perfection, leaving you stoked to cook some meat every time. You can definitely impress your friends and family with your newfound culinary skills!
And when you compare the prices of these options, you will see that we have created a list of commercial smokers with varying prices. Mainly because each smoker has its own, unique features and they also have different sizes that allow for different amounts of food you can cook at one time. So things typically boil down to preference. What exactly do you look for in your smoker? What are the features that are going to get you psyched about using your new smoker every time you fire it up? What does your budget look like? We want you to be able to fit it into your price cap, too, and we think that at least one of these options will do just that for you. Take the time to figure out exactly what you want when you get your new smoker. We are excited for you to try it out for the first time!
And just in case you want some additional information, we have got your back. The great thing about living in the age of the internet is being able to simply check out what other consumers are saying about the products that we’re interested in. Nothing is more honest than someone on the internet reviewing a product, whether that review is good or bad. Luckily, we take the time to make sure we are recommending smokers that are going to have an overwhelming majority of positive reviews. I mean, if we recommended products with a lot of negative reviews, we just wouldn’t be doing our job! So take a look at some buyer verified reviews over at Amazon. You are sure to see what exactly is so great about these commercial smokers. Sure, you may get a negative review here and there, but on the whole you are going to see a lot of great, positive reviews for these smokers. So get yourself one that you can love every time you fire it up and have yourself a barbeque!
A good commercial smoker is like an important asset and will determine the taste of the meat. Do not cut corners, if you can afford a better one. We also recommend that you consider the need for a smart commercial smoker, which doesn’t require a lot of monitoring
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often a commercial smoker needs cleaning?
Depending upon the heavy-duty cooking and frequency of use, a commercial smoker needs cleaning after two to three cooking sessions. You can keep your commercial smoker all fit by regularly scraping its deposits and removing the sticky grease. If the cleaning is kept long due, the smoker could catch fire.
2. Does your commercial smoker need ventilation?
Yes!! Your commercial smoker needs proper ventilation for a better intake of oxygen. However, the ventilation should be properly controlled because it may also leak the heat outside as it may help in oxygen intake. Therefore, your commercial smoker must have a vent, but it should be well-controlled to not lose the heat outside.
3. What should you take care of while cleaning a smoker?
Cleaning a commercial smoker regularly keeps the machine in the best working condition and helps prevent fire. But rigorously cleaning the smoker may cause damage to its grill and remove the seasoning. Therefore, a commercial cleaner should only be cleaned for ashes and grease deposits. You should maintain its oily and smoky surface for better cooking.