If you own a restaurant or plan to launch one that will serve authentic BBQ fare, you need to get a good smoker as one of the first investments. Smokers are important in the food business, especially the ones that deal in steaks, grilled food and meats. Smokers for commercial needs, for obvious reasons, are more powerful and effective than the ones used at home. In this post, we will guide you on how to choose the best commercial smoker on the market.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Weston 48-Inch Outdoor Propane Vertical Smoker
Reviewing the top five products
When it comes to selecting a commercial smoker, you need to consider a few basic aspects. For example, what’s the size you are looking for? How much meat do you expect to smoke or cook each day? Will you be smoking outdoors? Considering that you are starting small, here are the five commercial smokers that we liked.
- Weston 48-Inch Outdoor Propane Vertical Smoker. If you want a big smoker that’s considerably bigger than the standard sizes, we recommend this one by Weston. This one runs on propane and comes with a rotary igniter for a quick start. You will also have an external temperature gauge, which displays the temperature inside the smoker, so you don’t need a separate thermometer. There are also two sausage hangers that come handy for commercial use.
- Smoke Hollow PS4415 Pro Series Propane Smoker. This product comes with two 11, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners, which are independently controlled. What makes this a great product for effective commercial use are the two large wood chip trays, which can be loaded externally. There are two cooking grids and additional jerky style cooking grids. The water pan is porcelain-coated, and you get a heat indicator that helps in controlling temperature.
- Bradley Smoker BS916 Digital Bluetooth Compatible Smart Smoker. Bradley Smoker is one brand that knows how to create smokers that are effective for commercial use. This one comes with a touchscreen, which allows the user to control everything, right from the temperature and time to the amount of smoke, making it ideal for commercial use. If you are looking for a smart product that requires limited supervision, this is the one to go for.
- Masterbuilt 20070215 Electric Smoker with Bluetooth. Talking of the most amazing brands for smokers, Masterbuilt is one that stands the test of time. This is a 40-inch smoker that comes with Bluetooth technology to make the smoker a smart one. For commercial use, this is perfect, because you get 975 square inches of cooking space, with four smoking racks that are chrome-plated. It also includes a built-in meat probe thermometer, so you need to monitor the cooking process. The wood chip loading system is on the side, so there’s no loss of smoke.
- Camp Chef Smoker 18-Inch Smoke Vault. If you want to go for a large smoker that doesn’t cost a bomb, this one from Camp Chef is a standard buy, which is ideal for small diners, eateries and restaurants. It comes with two smoking racks that are adjustable, with three adjustable damper valves. A thermometer is included on the door, and with snap-ignition, getting started is easy. In fact, the product is also great for home use.
Things to consider while buying a commercial smoker
First and foremost, consider how the smoker will be fueled. If you want radiant heat, electric ones are the best, but propane smokers are also popular and in demand. It is also a good idea to consider what you want in terms of the size. If you are cooking big batches, consider investing in a large commercial smoker, while small eateries can start with smaller ones. The brand, as with any smoking and grilling product, is of great importance, and you have to consider the warranty, as well. It should be noted that outdoor setups are not allowed in many areas, so don’t select a product that might be restricted in your area. The best commercial smokers are usually large, but it also depends on how much of a steak/grill service your restaurant is.
A good commercial smoker is like an important asset and will determine the taste of the meat. Do not cut corners, if you can afford a better one. We also recommend that you consider the need for a smart commercial smoker, which doesn’t require a lot of monitoring