Looks like you need the best oil for griddle cooking. Let’s get after it…
Griddles, or flattop stoves, are great for making flavorsome food. For the uninitiated, a griddle is like a flat surface that’s used for making food. Griddles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and the construction of the product determines how effectively it can cook various dishes and recipes.
Today, the most common griddles are either made of cast iron or are electric ones that have a non-stick surface and don’t need the regular stove. Regardless of what you have at home or plan to buy, you need to season the griddle each time before making a batch. It goes without saying the right oil makes a difference in griddle cooking. In this post, we will talk about the best oil for griddle cooking.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Crisco Professional Oil Spray
Reviewing the best oils for griddle cooking
When it comes to cast iron griddles, seasoning the pan is extremely important, which makes the pan non-sticky. We reviewed the four options that work ideally for griddle cooking, including products that can make spraying on the pan an easy option.
- Crisco Professional Oil Spray. This is a 12-ounce bottle, which is made of canola oil and is great for quick spraying. To use this oil spray for the griddle, shake the product first, hold it around 6 inches away from the food or the griddle and spray as required. Be safe: Do NOT spray near open flames. The product can be used for grilling and smokers, as well.
- Oil and Water Griddle Squeeze Bottle Set with Caddy. A lot of chefs don’t like using ready cans and sprays, so if you are one of them, consider getting this bottle set. You get two 16-ounce Squeeze Bottles, which allow you to add both water and oil to each, for easy cooking on the go. The product may not work like a spray, but is still very effective for griddle cooking.
- Olive Oil Sprayer from CHUANGSI. Most experts agree that pomace or light olive oil is great for griddles and grilling, and for that, you need this product from CHUANGSI. This cooking sprayer comes with a button for quick spray and is made of high-quality 304 stainless steel and transparent glass (food-grade). The built-in nozzle can prevent dust pollution, and we had no issues like leakage of oil. The product can be used for other oils too and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- DWELLZA KITCHEN Olive Oil Dispenser and Oil Sprayer. If you want a dual set for easy cooking on the go, this one from Dwellza Kitchen is just ideal. It includes an oil mister spray, which can be used for any oil, and you can easily spray without bothering about leakage. A lot of people don’t like to use store-bought cooking sprays, mainly because these contain aerosol, and this one ensures you use fresh oil, each time.
- Spray Lite Cooking Spray Olive Oil. Spray lite brings a cooking spray in three different variants – coconut, natural and olive, and this is the olive-oil spray. When you want to control calories while cooking on the griddle, this is a great choice, which is formulated in the US. Make sure that you shake the product well before use, and DO NOT use it on heated pans and close to flames.
All about finding the best oil for griddle cooking
Oils are nothing but fats, so you need to consider the purpose and nutrition of the oil before taking a call. In the case of electric griddles, you already have a non-stick coating, so the choice of oil doesn’t really matter, as far as seasoning is concerned. We still recommend that you go for healthier oils, such as coconut or olive oil. If you are using olive oil, opt for the lighter variants. Many chefs also swear by the benefits of flaxseed oil, and in case, you are looking for cheaper alternatives for electric griddles, go for canola or soybean oil, which is just fine.
It is also a good idea to use a spray bottle for griddle cooking, especially if you want to cut down the calories considerably. For cast iron griddles, make sure to use lighter oils, such as vegetable oils, although these are not very high on nutritional value.
Griddle cooking can be a lot of fun. There are so many great foods that you can make to enjoy. And having the right oil is totally essential! So find the fit for you so you can get that griddle nice and slick for whatever it is you choose to cook. It doesn’t have to be a difficult hassle to find the best oil for cooking your griddle goodies. It does not have to be a headache that stresses you out while you try and figure out which oil is going to best suit your needs. As you will see above, we have found some pretty great options that will set you up right for your griddle cooking. And the great thing about our Club ManDude lists is that you will get five options to choose from, but they are all great options. It gives you an opportunity to check out a few options that have been proven to be excellent by plenty of people. Because it can be tough to try and weed through all the different options on the internet! So let us do the work for you.
Club ManDude does not mind taking on the challenge of finding the best products out there for the best price. It’s what we do! And it is super validating when our guys love the products we recommend, leading them to make the purchase. With griddle oils, the great news is that it will never break the bank. So if you can’t decide between multiple options, try a couple out! You may end up liking both and keeping them on hand depending on what culinary goodness you’re deciding to cook. What we do know is that each of the oils we have come up with are going to set you up with awesome options every time you go to cook on your griddle. And we managed to find some of the best brands that are out there. Take a look at what we found, you are sure to recognized some of the names. And if not, that’s okay! Leave it to us to bring you products that you can trust in, which are manufactured by reliable brands that only use quality materials to make their items.
When it comes to cooking oils, a lot of the situation depends on preference. What would you like your oil to be made from? How would you like your oil to be dispensed from the container? We can totally appreciate if a guy doesn’t care to use aerosol products for environmental reasons. That is totally understandable. That’s why we make sure to give you multiple options to choose from that maybe aren’t aerosol or use a different type of oil that you prefer. Either way, when you look at the options above you will see the differences in each and what makes them unique. Plus, cooking oils will have comparable prices and aren’t going to cost an arm and a leg. So figure out exactly what you want in your cooking oil and we are sure that we can accommodate with one of our options. But if you end up finding an even better options elsewhere, that’s okay too! Let us know if there is an option out there that should be on our list, we are grateful when the options come to us.
And if you want some additional opinions before you buy, don’t sweat it. We have got you covered there too. The age of the internet has blessed us with the advantage of product reviews from honest buyers. There is no one quite as honest as someone reviewing a product on the internet. So check out what other people are saying about these griddle oils. You may come across some additional info that gives you that perfect extra nudge to make your decision. You never know! And sure, you may come across a negative review here and there, you can’t make everyone happy. But you will notice that the majority of reviews you see are going to be positive. Because hey, if we didn’t bring you products with typically positive reviews, we wouldn’t be doing our job now, would we? So take a look at what other chefs are saying about these griddle oils before you buy. You surely will not be disappointed.
Even if you are not going out for Master Chef, we definitely want you to be your own master chef. You will have the best cooking oil money can buy and maybe you can even break out the griddle for someone special. Then someone will definitely be kissing the cook. We want you to have a great time cooking and find an oil that is going to serve you right. One that keeps that griddle slick with no stick and helps to cook your griddle goods to perfection. Enjoy, fellas!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What oils are best for griddle cooking?
For a griddle, cooking oils with high smoking points are the best. The high heat frying oil list includes Peanut, Avocado, Sunflower, Canola, and Sesame Oil. These oils have a high smoking point (400°F and above). For high heat cooking, you can use any of these and get aromatic cooking.
2. How often should you season your griddle?
Seasoning your griddle solely depends upon the frequency of your use. In the ideal case, you should re-season your griddle once every week. But excessive oiling is not at all recommended. Also, you should not re-season your griddle with oil until your food doesn’t start to stick. Sticking of food on your griddle is the prominent sign that your griddle needs seasoning.
3. Why do you need to season your griddle after cooking?
Often chefs recommend not using soap or brushes on the griddle. Excessive use of soap for cleaning the griddle strips of its seasoning and makes the food stick to it. Therefore, if you wish to have a well-seasoned griddle for non-stick cooking, just smear it with an ample amount of any oil with a high smoking point after cooking.