Looks like you need the best inexpensive charcoal smoker. Let’s get after it…
Grilling and smoking meats and veggies at home is fun, and for that, you obviously need a smoker or a grill that can also smoke. Traditionally, grills and smokers were fueled by hardwood charcoal, but with changing times, we now have gas and electric variants, which work in the same way but can hardly replicate the smoky flavors of a charcoal smoker/grill.
There are varied charcoal variants in the market today, and before you choose one, it is essential to keep in mind that grilling and smoking require considerable time, so you have to keep adding charcoal to the grill, especially for meats that need more time to get ready. However, the best part of charcoal smokers is the fact that these are easily affordable. In this post, we will talk about buying the best inexpensive charcoal smoker.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker
Reviewing the best five options in charcoal smokers
- Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker. If you don’t mind spending more on a smoker from a good brand, this one from Weber is a steal. It is made of porcelain-enameled steel and comes with a heat-resistant handle, with two nickel-plated cooking grates. The cooking area measures 481 square inches, which is huge for parties and events at home. Not to forget, you get a 10-year limited warranty on the product.
- Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker. Masterbuilt is one brand that doesn’t get grills and smokers wrong, and this is one of the most inexpensive smokers on the market. You get 395 square inches of cooking area, which is still huge, spread over two porcelain coated smoking racks. It offers front door access, which makes it simple to add charcoal, and the product also has a built-in lid thermometer.
- Cuisinart COS-116 16″ Vertical Charcoal Smoker. This product also has a bigger variant, but we recommend this for home use within a budget. You get the cooking area of 402 square inches spread over two 16-inch stainless steel racks, with dual air vent system for better smoking. The package comes with a porcelain enamel water bowl.
- Char-Broil Bullet Charcoal Smoker. This smoker from Char-Broil comes with two porcelain-coated cooking grates, which offer around 370 square inches of cooking space. It also features what’s called the airflow control system, which helps in better temp control. The ash pan is easily removable, while the porcelain-coated body is meant to be durable. It also has a front fire access door for ensuring effective smoking.
- Dyna-Glo DGX780BDC-D 36″ Vertical Charcoal Smoker. The last product on our list is one of the most efficient ones we found for a budget. A budget smoker, this one comes with four cooking grates, which offer 784 square Inch of cooking surface. For assured smoking results, you have a removable ash pan and charcoal grate separately. It also includes a temperature gauge for easy control.
Things to consider for buying a charcoal smoker
As mentioned at the start of the post, charcoal smokers have one small disadvantage – You have to keep adding charcoal to keep the smoking process on. This, in fact, can affect the smoking process. With that in mind, here’s what you will need to check.
- A separate chamber for adding charcoal. This minimizes the effect on the smoking process, which is usually the first concern that buyers have.
- Cooking space. With any smoker, you need to have adequate cooking space, which should be spread over two racks at the very least.
- Ash management. Another practical issue with charcoal smokers is the management and cleanup of ash, and some products have a separate system for that.
- Ideally, go for something that’s easy to use and isn’t too small. You also need to check the size of the water pan.
- Brand and warranty. Selected brands, especially the ones we mentioned above are great for the long run. Warranty on the product is also another reason to choose a product.
Lastly, make sure that the product is not wobbly. Durability is a factor that matters more than anything else for smokers. Also, you need to consider if the charcoal smoker comes with an add-on temperature gauge that just simplifies the whole process of cooking meats, especially if you are doing other things at the same time.
Get your charcoal smoker now!
Finding the best inexpensive charcoal smoker can be a total cinch! Don’t make it into a huge hassle, there is no need. That is why we are here, to make your life easier so you can get back to doing what you love, using your charcoal smoker to make amazing meals. When you check out the options we’ve laid out above, you will see exactly why they are our top options. They do an excellent job smoking meat, leaving it juicy and tender every time. Plus, you won’t have to break the bank to find get the best option out there. Leave the challenge to us! We will happily venture into the deep recesses of the internet to find you the best products out there. Especially when it comes to finding affordable options. That can be tricky sometimes because budget options can sometimes be low quality. What we wanted to do was find options for great prices that were still manufactured with high quality materials that are meant to last for years to come. And we are confident we have done just that!
Upon taking a gander at the charcoal smokers we found, you are going to see some recognizable name brands, which is great. We were able to find affordable options from the brands guys love while still keeping things at a reasonable price. You have an option from Weber and Cuisinart, two of the biggest names in the game. Plus, our other three options are just as amazing. No matter which you choose, you’re going to get a great charcoal smoker. It typically comes down to preference. Check out the setup, see what types of features they have to offer, and when you compare prices you’ll see that we were able to find some comparable options. You do not have to break the bank to get yourself an amazing charcoal smoker, it does not have to cost you an arm and a leg. And on top of that, we get the pleasure of delivering these great options straight to you so you don’t have to go and look for them. It is win, win, my friend.
Now, if you want to get yourself some additional information before purchasing, we have got you covered. The great thing about living in the age of the internet is that we have a plethora of online reviews of various products that we can easily take a peek at before buying just about any product on the internet. That includes charcoal smokers! And Amazon includes buyer verified reviews, so you know that person reviewing the product has actually bought and used it. Take a look, you will see that we found smokers that have a majority of positive reviews with great things to say about them. You may even find some specifics that people love about one of these smokers to give you that extra edge when deciding which one you want to buy. Sure, you may get a negative Nancy here and there, it’s to be expected. Not everyone out there may dig these smokers, but the vast majority of people who buy them love them. And if we were bringing you options with a bunch of negative reviews, we wouldn’t be doing our job now, would we?
When you look at the price tags of these bad boys, you will definitely see why they are the inexpensive options you are looking for. And as we mentioned, just because one price is lower doesn’t mean the quality has to be. We want you to be able to find yourself the best smoker for the price and if you choose one of our options, we are confident that is exactly what you will get. As guys who love to smoke and grill, we totally understand wanting to have the right smoker. There is just nothing like a cut of meat that has been smoked to perfection in all it’s juicy, tender goodness. Having a perfect cut of meat deserves a perfect smoker. You’re going to enjoy this baby so much that you are going to want to use it all the time. And why not? Especially in those summer months when it’s nice out, we want you to be able to get out there and cook all the time! So enjoy yourself out there and impress your friends with those culinary skills.
Have the confidence to get yourself an awesome smoker and throw some great meat into it for the first time. See, that is what we want for our guys. To find an amazing charcoal smoker for an inexpensive price that leaves you super psyched to try it out for the first time. And if you happen to choose one of our options, we feel that it is going to provide you with just that feeling. Happy smoking, fellas!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why charcoal smoker is a must-buy?
For beginners and people with inexpensive barbequing choices, a charcoal smoker is a must-buy. It comes in the budget as compared to gas and electric smokers. Also, it is not that tricky to use and safe with respect to another smoker. So, if you want to enjoy smoked food at a minimal cost, then choose a charcoal smoker.
2. How often do you need to feed charcoal in a smoker?
Generally, the charcoal box filled with a 15-pound bag can last straight for 15-hours and more. As you keep adding little chunks of wood chips for additional flavoring, the whole thing is enough to smoke and cook a brisket. But make sure that the wood chips are of great flavor and high quality.
3. Do you need to add charcoal to the smoker while cooking?
Yes! It majorly depends on which meat you are cooking in the smoker. Perse, if you are cooking a brisket (which takes hours for cooking), you need to add unlit charcoal in between when the temperature starts dipping. Adding unlit charcoal will burn and raise the heat inside the smoker.