If you own a rifle for personal use or have a collection of firearms for professional purposes, it is more than important that you invest in tools that matter for maintenance. A gunsmith screwdriver set is one of the must-haves, but don’t just end up getting any random product. When you are dealing with precision items such as guns, you need to be a tad more careful with the gunsmith screwdriver set you buy. In this guide, we are helping you with how to choose the best gunsmithing screwdriver set.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Wheeler Professional Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set
Reviewing the best five products
- Wheeler Professional Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set. If you are looking for a comprehensive gunsmithing screwdriver set, this 43-piece product from Wheeler is a steal deal. The set contains hollow ground flat bits which are made of S2 tool steel. One of the popular products in this category, magnetic bit retention in driver for effective work. The molded screwdriver handle ensures that there are no slip-overs whatsoever. All the features make this an ideal set for new gunsmithing enthusiasts.
- B-Square Professional Gunsmith Screwdriver Set. For those in the budget, this B-Square is a perfect pick by all means. This is designed for firearms, and you get 26 bits that are made of hardened steel, meant to be used for all kinds of common fasteners. The kit comes with 3 exclusive long bits that can be used for installing recoil pads. The product comes in a sturdy plastic case, making this more of a portable choice. While this is not the strongest set for sure, but it works well for personal use.
- DAC’s Winchester 51 Piece Gunsmith Screwdriver Set. This gunsmithing screwdriver set is one of the elaborate ones that come with 51 pieces. The package includes a custom TPR molded driver, which comes with a magnetic tip. Of the bits, 12 are flat headed, whereas you also get 3 clutch bits, 7-star bits, 2 spline bits, 4 Robertson bit and 3 hex bits. This is easily one of the most versatile products in this category.
- Wheeler Engineering 89-Piece Deluxe Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set. Wheeler is one of the few brands that don’t compromise on bit quality, and this set includes 89 pieces. There are 54 hollow-ground flat bits, along with 15 specialty bits. All bits are made of strong, S2 tool steel, and you get a hex-to-square drive adapter. The product comes in a hinged storage case, which has two over-molded plastic handles for easy portability. If you don’t mind spending a tad more, this one is worth considering.
How to choose the best gunsmithing screwdriver set?
Various factors can matter for your purchase, and while the price is important, it shouldn’t be the only aspect. Here are three basic things to consider –
- When it comes to gunsmith screwdriver sets, the most important aspect is the quality of the bits. Always select a set that contains bits made of tool steel, which must be further hardened. Also, check if the plastic parts of the product are durable enough. Some of the brands use anti-rust treatment for selected metal parts, which is a good thing to have.
- The next aspect that matters is the number of bits you need in the set. Ideally, it’s best to go for a more elaborate set if possible, so that you don’t need to buy a second gunsmith screwdriver set later. The idea is to get a set that can handle your current collection of firearms, considering that you may add some more to the list in near future.
- Finally, let’s talk about the brand. When you look for metal tools, the brand is extremely important. You don’t want to deal with flimsy bits that will break while you are working on the firearm. This is also the precise reason why some of the known brands have expensive gunsmith screwdriver sets in their collection.
If you are getting your first gunsmith screwdriver set, make sure that you check all the relevant details and reviews of the product. Some brands have a warranty on gunsmith screwdriver sets, which is a good way to evaluate a product. A gunsmith screwdriver set is a comprehensive asset for maintaining firearms, and it only makes sense that you select a product that’s designed for the purpose. Check online now to buy one of the options listed above.