If you are enthusiastic about investing in a smoker, the first thing you must consider is the type of product you need. Charcoal-fueled smokers are probably the best choice, but for modern homes and contemporary living, this might not be the best choice. With an electric smoker, you can do almost the same tasks. In case you are wondering who makes the best electric smoker, we have a guide below, which talks about the best brands and how you can select a product with five products we found to be useful.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Masterbuilt MES 130B Digital Electric Smoker
Reviewing the best 5 electric smokers from reputed brands
Before we go and review the brands, here are the top five products that we found to be great in this category. We recommend that you fix a budget and select accordingly, keeping features, usage and functionality in mind.
- Masterbuilt MES 130B Digital Electric Smoker. This product from Masterbuilt is priced under $200 and comes with a digital panel, which allows complete control. You get four chrome-coated smoking racks, and the wood chips can be loaded from the side, which ensures that heat doesn’t escape. It also features thermostat-temperature control for effective smoking, and air damper for smoker control.
- Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker. If you are looking for a more affordable choice, this smoker from Char-Broil is a good buy with 544 Square inches of cooking space. There are three chrome-plated cooking grates, and you get a mounted temperature gauge, as well. The package includes a water tray, which can be accessed from the front, with a wood chip tray and a grease cup.
- Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Electric Smoker. Priced under $200, Smoke Hollow brings this amazing electric smoker, which comes with a digital panel control and three chrome-coated smoking racks. An inclusive thermostat temperature control ensures consistent smoking, and the body of the smoker is fully insulated.
- Bradley Smoker Jim Beam BTDS76JB Outdoor Smoker. If pricing is not something you want to be bothered about, this product is a steal of sorts. This is a 4-Rack outdoor smoker, which comes with a 125-watt burner, and you can easily control temperature settings. The edition is a new one, although you can consider other variants from the same brand.
- Old Smokey Electric Smoker. This is one of the older variants of outdoor smokers, which still makes sense, considering the brand. The flat top ensures that the juices drip on the food, while on the chip tray, you can place wood chips for that smoke flavor. The heat thermostat ensures that you can cook a variety of meats at the right temperature.
So, what are the best brands for electric smokers?
To be fair, it depends on what you are looking for. Some of the best brands can explored based on reputation, warranty, features and services include –
- One of the few brands that have something for every budget. They are great in terms of services and most products have great reviews.
- Char-Broil. This brand makes all kinds of smokers and grills, including propane-fueled ones, but electric ones are worth mentioning.
- Old Smokey. When you are looking for old-school smokers that have been tested over time, this is a good choice.
- Smoke Hollow. Another great brand that has something for different kinds of budgets and their electric smoker variants are known for precise temperature control.
- If you don’t mind shelling more, this brand is worth every penny spent. They also have fairly larger smokers.
Other things that matter
While the brand definitely matters, you have to consider other things before selecting an electric smoker. The first aspect is the size – Make sure to buy something that fits your family’s needs and a few guests. The warranty on the product is important, and you may also want to check if the electric smoker comes with flexible functionality and features. In the case of an electric smoker, having digital control is important, and you may want the product to be aptly portable for using outdoors. Build quality is something that again needs attention for sure, especially the plates. You will need at least two racks, which should be adjustable.
Check online now to find more on electric smokers, and before selecting one, do check the reviews. The top five products we mentioned should suffice most budgets.