Ah yes, the age old question indeed, fine gentlemen. But is the answer close at-hand, or elusive, like tracking down a Sasquatch on a Sunday afternoon hike? The answer is A. Definitely A, and we’ve got you covered!
Some of us motorcycle enthusiasts love to ride in style – biker boots, sunglasses, classic biker jacket or leather vest, perhaps a bandana for those really going for it. But not all of those biker jackets are created equal, in terms of protecting you or minimizing injury in the event of an accident. They may look pretty dang cool, but you really should check to see if they have some of the properties that a biker jacket made for protection should have.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
That’s why in this article we are going to be reviewing the best motorcycle jackets for protection!
- OHMOTOR Motorcycle Full Body Armor Protector Pro Guard Shirt Jacket. Available in multiple sizes, this armor jacket is for motorcycle riders. A smart combination of advanced materials is used in creating this ultimate jacket. The materials include Lycra fabric, PVC and high-density EVA. The design features a draping technique and protects all major parts of your body. At the same time, the jacket design ensures breathability and comfort while on your body. There are waist and back armor, which you can remove and install whenever required. This is the ultimate jacket to protect your whole body when riding a motorcycle.
- HEROBIKER Motorcycle Full Body Armor Jacket. This jacket serves as your wear-resistant and high-density armor with removable pads. There are large vents in the pad along with plastic foam shell. So, you can remove and clean them easily. The jacket is packed with protective gear in the shoulder, back, forearm, elbow, and chest. And everything is attached to a mesh shell for ventilation and cooling. The fabric quality is reliable, but it doesn’t put too much weight on your body. The closure system has a zipper in the front and adjustable straps. The size is comfortable and fits perfectly to provide a memorable riding experience.
- Fox Racing Titan Sport Protective MTB Jacket. This sports jacket provides under-jersey protection to your body with comprehensive coverage. There is a two-piece chest plate made from plastic to handle high impacts. Plus, the back of the jacket also contains a plastic cover attached in an articulated manner. Similarly, you get protective plastic coverage on the elbows and shoulders. The main fabric of the jacket is made of mesh to provide durability, softness, and ventilation. The ventilation zones have been engineered smartly with a center zip closure system. You get a warranty of 12 months from the manufacturer.
- Viking Cycle Warlock Mesh Motorcycle Jacket. This breathable jacket design has exceptional protective layers. The chest pads are available to handle any direct impact. Also, there is a spine pocket and armor to provide protection to your spine, lower back, and kidneys. You also receive elbow armor and shoulder armor to have comprehensive protection when riding your bike. The jacket has multiple adjustment points to customize the size every time you are wearing it for a ride. The adjustments allow the jacket to completely cover your body, which makes it the best motorcycle jacket for protection.
- T-Faster Air Textile Street Motorcycle Jacket. This jacket has a shell constructed from multiple fabrics, including mesh panels in the back, on the sleeves and chest. The strategic placement of mesh panels provides much-needed cooling to your body. At the same time, you get certified protectors in the areas of elbow and shoulder. The panels are stretchable to help you move easily, while the collar has a low profile construction for comfort and protection. The sleeves are also pre-curved to help you avoid riding fatigue. This is a lighter protective version of jackets for motorcycle rides.
Having a jacket that protects you while riding is important for a number of reasons. But the most important has to be protection in case of an accident. Not all motorcycle jackets are made for protection, a good majority of them are made just for style but if you want to be able to differentiate the ones for style versus the ones for protection, you should look out for these attributes:
- Spine pocket
- Armor that protects vital organs
- Chest plate
- Durable plastic that has a high impact rate
- Ventilation zones
These key factors make up the difference between a protective jacket and just a stylish one. Choosing to wear a protective jacket while you’re on your motorcycle is a smart choice and pulling the trigger on what jacket to purchase does not have to be a difficult decision. If you choose a jacket from one of our reviewed or just choose to follow the features we mention, at the end of the day you’re going to end up with a high-quality protective motorcycle jacket that can keep up with you and your motorcycle.