Guys, we’re all adults here. We know one of the most important pieces of gear, if not the most important for us to wear while on our motorcycle, is a helmet. They save lives, keep you protected, and some of the designs can make them look pretty damn cool too. But as we all know, not all of us have the same size or same shaped head.
Some of us have bigger melons than others, and for our large headed brethren out there, this article is for you! We are going to be breaking down the top 5 motorcycle helmets for big heads. You’re welcome.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Vega Helmets Warrior Motorcycle Half Helmet. The Warrior Motorcycle Helmet design of Vega Helmets is available in multiple sizes, including large and extra-large. Also, the design offers an adjustable fit to align the size as per the rider’s head size. The helmet is lightweight and contains a sun-shield to protect your eyes against debris, bugs and sun rays. The front cover is optically perfect and serves as a reliable shield. The skull cap of this helmet has a dial system to adjust the size. So, you can make your helmet custom-fit to your head circumference. The quality is reliable in terms of performance and safety.
- Vega Helmets VTS1 Open Face Motorcycle Helmet with Inner Sunshield. This is another helmet design available in large and extra-large sizes. The VTS1 model offers comfort and protection with its lightweight liner. The internal liner provides protection against microbial accumulation. Plus, you can remove the liner to wash it from time to time. The front shield guards your eyes and face against all sorts of debris, bugs and high wind. Plus, it restricts sun rays from harming your eyes and face. The features are DOT certified and size options make the right helmet selection easier.
- Motorcycle Half Helmet Cruiser DOT Street Legal. This model from MMG contains a carbon fiber graphic and complies with the safety standards of DOT. It is a half helmet that covers the head. Plus, it contains a chin strap made from nylon material. It works as an adjustable closure of the helmet. The shell of the helmet is lightweight but provides excellent protection. The ABS thermoplastic absorbs impacts, while the screws keep the visor in place. The large size of the helmet is suitable for everyone with big head size. Also, it is the right choice for people who feel claustrophobic in full-face helmets.
- AHR DOT German Style Motorcycle Half Helmet Open Face. AHR also has open-face helmets in large and extra-large sizes. This German design aligns with all the US-related safety standards, which is why it has the approval of DOT. The retro appeal suits all kinds of motorcycle riders and the open-face provides the necessary comfort. The outer shell is made from reliable ABS plastic to give lightweight and durability to the product. If you have a motorcycle, cruiser, chopper or scooter, this is the helmet to choose in a large size.
- Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout Street Motorcycle Helmet. If you are looking for the best motorcycle helmets for big heads in a full-face design, this is the one. It contains a tinted shield along with a top-quality shell construction with ABS and polycarbonate. The internal liner is anti-bacterial and removable for cleaning. The cheek pads provide superior comfort and perfect fitting due to its contoured design. There are large and extra-large sizes available in this helmet model, so you can easily find the right fit. Also, the quality assurance is provided with 5 years of warranty on this helmet. The overall appeal is stylish and suits all kinds of riders.
There you have fellas! If you’re currently shopping around for a helmet but you need a bigger size, it’s complete possible to still find a helmet that fits great. Be sure to look out for some of the qualities that make up a high-quality helmet like:
- Chin strap
- Shield guard
- Absorbs impact
It’s not difficult to find a helmet, even if your head is big. It’s just matter of keeping the above qualities at the front of your mind, so when you’re shopping around you can make sure that not only you’re getting a helmet with a comfy fit, but that also you make sure that you’re getting one that can protect you as well.