Looks like you need the best way to grill London Broil. Let’s get after it…
Chefs and food enthusiasts will be quick to tell you that London Broil is not a cut of meat, but a method of cooking. Generally speaking, London Broil, also called top round, is a boneless cut of meat, which is high on flavors and is extremely lean. If you are someone on a diet, you will love this cut, which is taken from the rear, and the meat is nicely marinated, broiled and grilled, following which it is cut into thin slices and served on the dinner table. If you are wondering what’s the best way to grill London Broil, we bring a post that details all the necessary steps.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Beef Flank Steak London Broil
Reviewing the top two products
Before we discuss the process of making London Broil, let’s take a look at the two products that you can buy online.
- Beef Flank Steak London Broil. This is your standard 24 oz. London Broil, also known by other names like Jiffy Steak, Flank Steak Filet and Plank Steak. You should know that London Broil is an extremely lean cut of meat, which means that it gets hard after being cooked. As with any such cut, it is necessary to marinate the meat to tenderize it as the seller says. The product meets government guidelines for being lean.
- Premium Cuts, Beef Boneless London Broil Top Round Steak. This product from Newport Meat Company is of steakhouse restaurant quality. This USDA Choice steak is vegetarian-fed and is ideal for those who like to grill meats at home without being bothered about the source. The product comes in a 16 oz. packaging – ideal for the entire family.
What’s the best way to grill London Broil?
What we are going to explain is a simple form of grilling London Broil without all those fancy words, but fret not, it would be as good as the standard restaurant.
- To start off, make sure that you have at least one-pound size of the flank steak, which should be at room temperature before you move ahead with margination.
- Next, make a marinade for the flank steak. For this, start by taking a big bowl, in which you need to havea 1/3rd cup of vegetable or any oil of your choice, the same amount of brown sugar, and 1/4th cup of red wine vinegar. Add about one tablespoon of freshly-crushed garlic and around two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. Add two teaspoons of black pepper and salt to taste. Some people like to add to red pepper and rosemary to the mix, but it’s up to you.
- Next, run the knife through the steak and create a pattern. After this, you can use a brush or simply place the steak in the marinade.
- On a pan, heat up butter or fat of your choice, add a couple of chopped onions with some salt and get the onions to a nice brown consistency.
- After this, brush the mixture made on the pan on the marinade-laden steak. You need to broil the meat for about five minutes, so as to get the right kind of browning. Flip the meat over, add some more of the oil mix and broil again.
Once ready, cut the steak and serve right on the plate!
Grilling in the oven
If you are using an oven and want to grill the meat to perfection, the desired temperature is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You need to be patient in this case, because slow cooking the meat in a grill or smoker can take time, but it also ensures that the taste of the marinade infuses well within the meat. This way, your London Broil wouldn’t be tight but juicy and flavorsome. If you want to get a softer and tastier steak, make sure that there is some more liquid on the baking pan, which also adds to the flavor.
For those who are new to making London Broil, make sure that you pay attention to the margination. The meat should be of great quality, and while this is lean meat, the right amount of moisture in the margination will prevent drying. Like any other steak, this is best served hot with veggies on the sides for that ultimate mealtime.
No matter how you choose to grill your London Broil, it doesn’t have to be a hassle. It does not have to be a huge, daunting challenge that leaves you wringing your hands in anxiety without a clue as to the best way to get the job done. Don’t you worry, my guy, that’s why we are here! Let Club ManDude take all the guesswork out of the situation for you so you don’t have to aimlessly try and figure out what the best method is going to be. Because what we want for you is to have a nice, tender, juicy piece of meat that you are sure to enjoy. We know that you are going to season that baby just right so it’s delicious until the very last bite. London Broil is a wonderful cut of beef, best to treat it as such! Having the right mix of spices and getting that meat to the perfect temperature will leave you proud to have such a tasty cut of meat at your disposal. And hey, if you have got someone special in your life you’re cooking it for, they will absolutely be kissing the chef at the end.
Above you will notice two cuts of London Broil that we recommend for our ManDude readers. There are also so many different places out there you can get great cuts of meat from. Of course, since Amazon has everything, they have it available to their customers. But sometimes it’s more gratifying to help out a local small business and head to your butcher! In fact, you will find some of the greatest, tastiest cuts of meat at your local butcher. These guys and gals know their way around a nice cut of meat and will give you exactly what you’re looking for. Plus, they can recommend tips in person if you have to do any troubleshooting before you cook the meat. They will certainly know the best ways to cook that London Broil should you have any additional questions. Because they want you to enjoy their meat just as much as you’re looking forward to trying it out.
And there are plenty of local grocers, as well, that will sell excellent cuts of meat. Typically your counter worker will know their way around the meat, too, and can provide recommendations. They cut and dish out meat all day, they know what’s good and they know how to prepare it too. So that’s another avenue to check out. If you happen to be a fan of home delivery services like so many Americans, you can even have great shipped to your door! There is coming a higher number of companies that package and ship out high-quality cuts of meat to their customers without having to leave home. I mean, how great would it be to have the excellent cuts of London Broil dropped off right at your door without the hassle? That way you can save time doing what you love, cooking those bad boys to perfection. Whatever saves time to do more enjoying in life is a win in our book.
Here at Club ManDude, our main priority is to help keep life simple for you guys. And what we mean is, let us take on the challenge of finding all the best stuff out there! It’s our pleasure to do so and we love doing it. It is super validating when our guys love our articles and get the help they’re looking for. Finding all the best stuff out there doesn’t have to be a headache that leaves you frustrated. We get it, there is so much stuff out there it can sometimes be a totally daunting task to try and weed through everything to find the best stuff. So let us take care of it for you. It’s our favorite thing to do here at Club ManDude, and you will see from our other articles that we have found some of the best products out there for our guys and we will certainly continue to do so.
Find yourself an amazing cut of London Broil, my man, and cook it to juicy perfection. You will now have the perfect way to prepare it every time. Get your friends involved! It’s fun to impress those that are closest to us, so show them what a badass chef you are by cooking this beef just they way they are going to like it. We have confidence in you and know you are going to be pleased with your own abilities, and so will your friends and family. Cooking may not be every guy’s forte, but with a little help from us you can get some solid cooking chops so you won’t be ordering out as often. Food is way better when we cook it ourselves, so get down on some London Broil and enjoy!