Looks like you need the best way to clean a cast iron grill pan. Let’s get after it…
Regardless of how much you enjoy cooking in the kitchen, you need to have the right things to make the process simpler, and that list should include a cast iron grill pan. Cast iron grill pans are known for being extremely durable, and in all fairness, non-stick ones don’t stand a chance against these super-efficient counterparts. For the uninitiated, a cast iron grill pan is made of porous cast iron, while the cooking surface the ridge-grill surface, which allows you to make your chicken and steaks without using a traditional grill and with those grill marks. Conventional designs didn’t have the grill surface, which made these easier to clean once the cooking tasks were over.
In this post, we take a look at the best way to clean a cast iron grill pan, but before that, we have a list of the five best pans, just in case you don’t have one at home.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Lodge 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
Reviewing the best five cast iron grill pans
Ideally, you should select a pan size that fits your requirements, but for even distribution of heating source, don’t go for the extremely large ones. Here are the five products that we liked in particular.
- Lodge 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. If you need a large pan for cooking, this 12-inch product from Lodge is a good choice. The ridges are pretty raised, which allows the fat to drain, and that’s to the cast iron construction, your steaks and veggies can cook on a slow flame. It also has a helper handle and comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
- AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Grill Pan. This is a standard 10.25-inch cast-iron pan with raised ridges, which allows easy cooking. The product comes with a helper handle and works on all cooking surfaces.
- Vremi Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Grill Pan. This product has been touted as an alternative to big gas grills and is designed to offer the perfect BBQ flavor. Definitely not one of the cheap products, but the brand ensures that this cast iron pan will get better with use.
- Enameled Cast-Iron Rectangular Grill Pan. If you don’t want a regular pan but a bigger cooking surface, this product is ideal for using on the gas and is safe for the oven up to 500 F. The enameled cast iron construction ensures even heating.
- Cuisinart CI30-23CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Square Grill Pan. This is a porcelain enameled cast iron pan that doesn’t hamper the flavors in any way. The construction of the pan is such that heat retention is ensured with even heat distribution.
How to clean cast iron grill pan?
Cleaning a cast iron pan is simple enough. Here are some of the steps you can follow.
- Using water. Fill up the grill pan with water and place it on the stove. As the water boils, food particles will start coming to the surface. You can use a wooden ladle or spatula at this point to scrape off the food particles.
- Using salt and water. Many chefs swear by the benefits of salt and water for cleaning instead of detergents, especially if you use kosher salt. You can easily use a regular scrub to remove any food particles or grease.
- Using just salt. Chefs often scrub the surface of the cast iron pan with just salt, especially kosher salt. Once you have cleaned enough, just use a regular paper towel to get rid of the salt.
- Using soap and water. While using water on cast iron pans is not always the best idea, using soap and water can come in handy if the pan hasn’t been in use for a while or has rusted. Use any regular scrubber to scrub off the pan.
Not only did we find you the best ways to grill that cast iron grill pan of yours, but we also found the absolute best cast iron grills out there! We always want to bring you the best of the best, my guy. At Club ManDude we are all about keeping things nice and easy for our guys. So we will take on the challenge of getting out there into the wild world of the internet to find the absolute best options. Because it can be a daunting task that leaves you with a headache in the end because there are just so many different options out there. How do you know which one is the best? It takes time to track down the options that are going to be the absolute best. Because there are a few factors that go into the process; the price, functionality, brand, material quality. There are plenty of things to factor in when we try to figure out with cast iron grilling pans are going to be the best choices. And when you take a look at our guide above you will see the absolute best ways to keep your new grilling pan clean every time you finish using it.
Now, we don’t fully expect you to know which cast iron pan brands are going to be the absolute best. Although we did find a really great Cuisinart option that you may love. Either way, any of the options that we have reviewed above are sure to leave you pleased. A great cast iron pan is a total necessity when it comes to all your culinary prowess in the kitchen. And when you take a look at what we found, we are sure you are going to pleased with the options. Any of these pans is great, that is why we took the time to find them! It all boils down to preference. Whether you prefer to have a square pan, circle, grill, no grill. The possibilities are endless. But what these cast iron pans do have is great quality made of excellent materials from reputable brands that are going to give you a great product every time. In fact, the great thing about finding an awesome product from a new brand is that they typically have a bunch of awesome stuff to choose from. So find yourself some other goodies to choose from, too, while you peruse these excellent options.
We typically want to give our guys affordable options. When you compare the prices of these bad boys, you will see that we have found some great stuff that comes at comparable prices. A new cast iron pan does not have to break the bank or cost an arm and a leg. You can get yourself a new, excellent cast iron pan for an unbeatable price no matter which option you choose to go with! So take a look and compare what we found. You will not be disappointed. There are so many different options out there, so if you happen to find another great option that slipped through the cracks for us, let us know! We always want to make sure we are staying on top of all the best stuff out there, no matter how we gather the intel. No matter what, we want to know!
Now let’s suppose that you want to find some more information before you choose to buy. Don’t sweat it! We have got you covered, my man. One of the best benefits of living in the age of the internet is the ability to simply head onto the web and check out what other consumers are saying about a product before you buy it. And whether that review happens to be good or bad, nothing is more honest as a person on the internet reviewing a new product they just tried out for the first time. At Club ManDude, we are taking the time to meticulously find the best products, which means they have a plethora of positive reviews for each item. I mean, if we brough you a bunch of products with negative reviews, we certainly would not be doing our job now, would we? Sure, you may get a negative Nancy here and there. It’s to be expected, you just can’t make everyone happy. But when you see what consumers are saying about these cast iron grill pans, you can get psyched about the fact that plenty of people love them. You may even give yourself that extra edge to turn one of our options into a “yes” for you. That is exactly what we want! So give yourself the gift of an awesome cast iron grilling pan. And now you also have all the best ways to keep that sucker clean every time you bust it out to cook something awesome.
If basic care is ensured, cast iron pans can last for decades. Always dry your pan before storing it, which will prevent rusting. Also, do not soak the pan for long before washing, as that can also cause rust. While storing the pan, do not keep the lid on, if you have one that is. In case you want to re-season the pan, ensure that it’s as hot as possible. Use a towel between the pan and sink, so that there are no scratch marks on the bottom of the pan.