With a bunch of options, selecting the right gas grill for your home can be overwhelming. A gas grill is the basic for a BBQ setup, and the good thing is you don’t have to spend a fortune on buying one. In this guide, we will talk about gas grills and the five best ones in the category.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
Reviewing the best products
- Blackstone Table Top Grill. This product has two variants – 17-inch and 22-inch and is propane fueled. The product is portable, making it ideal for outdoor use, including picnics. The grill surface is black powder coated on a stainless-steel construction, making it a good choice for healthy BBQ food. BTUs: 12,000.
- Char-Broil Classic 2-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner. If you are looking for a bigger gas grill, this one from Char Broil fits the bill. The cooking space measures 280 square inches and you have grates that are porcelain coated. It has two burners, which come in handy for cooking, and the cooking space is much bigger. BTUs: 8,000
- Cuisinart Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand. People in need for a gas grill with a stand can consider this product from Cuisinart. Although a portable version is available, this variant comes with a telescoping stand. Cooking area measures 160-square-inch. This is ideal for home parties and comes with a stainless-steel burner and grate that’s porcelain enameled. BTUs: 5500.
- Weber 45010001 Outdoor Gas Grill. If you don’t mind spending more, this product from Weber is a perfect steal. It comes with Gs4 grilling system, with other features including “Flavorizer Bars” that are porcelain enameled. The cooking space is huge at 529 Square inches, spread over three burners. Cooking grates are also porcelain enameled made of cooking grates. BTUs: 30, 000.
- Smoke Hollow TableTop Propane Gas Grill. With a cooking area measuring 205-square-inch, this Smoke Hollow product is a great choice for budget buyers. It comes with stainless-steel legs, which are foldable, and runs on propane. If you are looking for a product that’s made completely of stainless steel, this one is a great choice. BTUs: 10,000.
What to look for?
Before you select one of the above, consider the factors that really influence your purchase decision.
- Construction. Consider a gas grill that’s made of quality materials such as stainless steel. There are enamel coated ones, which function well, but good-grade stainless steel works best.
- Portability. Some tabletop gas grills don’t come with additional stands, and that’s fine as long as the product is portable. Alternatively, you can go for one of those that have telescopic stands.
- Cooking space. The cooking space of the gas grill makes a big difference. If you plan to use the grill for outdoor events and parties, it makes sense to go for a bigger grill that can be used for making larger batches of great BBQ food.
- Design. Safety is one aspect that people often miss about gas grills. You need to check if the product has a good design, which means avoiding sharp sides that can cause cuts. Check the location of handles, as well.
- Warranty and brand. Go for a good brand of gas grill that you can rely on, and you can expect to get a decent warranty on the product, especially for the burner, which bears the most brunt when in use.
- Temperature range. The heat output of the gas grill is also important, and it’s measured in BTU. Make sure that the grill allows you to cook everything from simple hotdogs with wings and more.
- Other features. Check if the product runs on natural gas or propane, and it is a good idea to consider your needs first because some grills have an additional burner on the side, which comes in handy for cooking.
Check all of these aspects and make sure that you consider the size of the gas grill because you would need to store it safely in your home. As required, you can also check for reviews from other customers.