If you have ever had to deal with engine knocking in your vehicle, just thinking about it can cause a cold sweat. When we hear knocking under the hood, we automatically assume it’s a worst-case scenario. But this isn’t always the case. Sometimes, your car just needs a little oil.
Choosing an oil additive can get your car back into gear – or prevent it from knocking in the first place. Oil additives can also decrease emissions and help your car use fuel more economically. And there are options for gasoline and diesel engines. Today, we’ve compiled a list of the best oil additives to stop engine knocking.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Everglide EGS Synthetic Nano-Based Engine Oil Treatment. This synthetic oil additive has a nano-based formula. The additive enhances the capacity of your vehicle and stops engine knocking. It reduces friction to resolve mileage issues. The emission decreases along with the noise and downtime, which is why you get better savings and life span of your engine. The product is an MPG booster perfect for car engines. The package makes it easy to carry around, so you can trust the synthetic additive to enhance the capacity of your engines. The nanoparticles increase the coating and coverage abilities of your engine oil.
- XL Nanolube Engine Oil Additive & Nano Treatment. This formula supports your engine by reducing smoke and oil burning, which helps to improve efficiency. The formula works with all kinds of engine oils along with synthetic oil. It stops engine knocking with its Nano lubricant formula. It works on gasoline as well as Diesel engines. The superior quality protects against heat and allows the oil to burn for longer durations. The whole detoxification of your engine supports its efficiency and reduces gum, varnish and sludge buildup. All engines over 6 years need this formula to recover original performance.
- Bitron Oil Additive. This formula has been impressing users for more than 25 years. The additive technology works effortlessly with high mileage as well as heavy-duty engines. The product offers proven performance, protection, and reduction in engine knocking. The ionic bonds are formed to reduce friction on the metal surfaces. Hence, longevity and efficiency get improved. The engines attain peak performance capacity due to the reduction of friction without lubrication formula. The additive enhances the capacity of your engine and saves a lot of cash from maintenance. All you need to do is use this additive regularly.
- Throttle Muscle One Step High Mileage Synthetic Fuel. When asking, “what is the best oil additive to stop engine knocking?” you will always come across this system cleaning formula for engines. This synthetic oil works as a treatment and converter solution to get the desired engine performance back. The fuel treatment helps to recover efficiency and gain high mileage from your car. The friction gets reduced impressively, which reduces engine knocking as well. The additive modifies the excellence of your engine oil. You get a package of 75K treatment and converter. So, you can clean the whole system and attain high mileage altogether.
- DWD2 Metal Conditioner Engine Oil Additive. This metal conditional is an advanced lubricant formula to enhance engine treatment. This way, your engine gets better protection against friction and heat. The performance and power of your car engine increase due to the removal of carbon deposits. The engine part protection and fuel economy are the benefits that stop engine knocking. This formula is compatible with all kinds of synthetic as well as conventional motor oils. Diesel engines and gasoline engines can attain maximum fuel efficiency in the presence of this versatile oil additive. So, you can trust this oil additive for your vehicle engine.
When it comes to engine knocking, the right oil additive can be the best solution. But with so many available – and such a variety of engine types – the hunt can be daunting. To help you on this search, we’ve reviewed only the best additives that are available.
Each product on our list has the highest quality specs to treat your engine’s knocking. And if you don’t see the right fit here, you at least know a little more about what you’re looking for. At the end of the day, the right oil additive can be your engine’s best friend.