Finding the Best Laptop for Solidworks – Let’s Get After It…
Solidworks is a super important program for you if you’re interested in anything to do with engineering, and is especially important if that’s the field you choose to pursue for life. I don’t know much about it, but what I do know is you need a laptop that is going to help you use this program, not hurt your process. This means you need: 1) a great processor, 2) a lot of memory/storage and 3) a great screen with some awesome graphics to help you have the most amazing experience with this program. You’re gonna want to go full out with this and do it the right way, so we made this guide for you to find a laptop that is absolutely the most compatible for you and your work with Solidworks. Check it out, folks.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- HP Stream Laptop PC 11.6″ Intel N4000. For reliable performance, you can trust HP Stream laptop. The device is known for its exceptional storage capacity due to the eMMC storage of 32GB. The display is HD and 11.6 inches in size. It contains Intel Dual-Core Celeron processor N4000 to enable high-quality performance. Plus, you can enjoy watching movies, listening to music or playing games with its front-facing dual speakers. The operating system of this device is Windows 10, which is utilized in its S mode for a secure and familiar experience. The external body is sturdy to help you keep the laptop appealing for years.
- HP 15 Touchscreen Premium Laptop Intel Core i5-7200U. This premium laptop from HP has a touchscreen of size 15.6 inches containing multi-touch support, HD viewing, and WLED-backlit. The TrueVision Webcam is also built-in to offer HD quality video communication. The device gets a turbo boost that can reach 3.10 GHz with its Intel processor of Core i5-7200U. The HDD memory of 2TB provides a speed of 5400 rpm along with SDRAM of 8GB. The device also has integrated HD Graphics with Intel. The connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11AC Wi-Fi as well as USB and HDMI ports.
- Lenovo Ideapad Premium 15.6″ Laptop AMD A9-9425. This Ideapad comes with HD resolution display of 15.6 inches and LED-backlit property. You get dual speakers, multi-format card reader and integrated features of image and video editing. The storage space is massive with HDD 1 TB to help you store any size of files without any issue. The RAM of 8GB enables you to multitask smoothly, which makes it the best laptop for solidworks. The device is capable of improving the lives of students, professionals, and businessmen. You can open multiple web pages in a browser or run various apps at once. The AMD processor A9-9425 creates a strong range of frequency to work on.
- Lenovo Ideapad Laptop AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor. This Ideapad from Lenovo operates on AMD A12-9720P Intel Quad-Core, which is a high-performing processor. Along with that, you get a high-resolution display of size 15.6 inches to enjoy a great viewing experience. The hard drive is capable of storing 1TB of files and DDR4 memory of 8GB provides much-needed smoothness while using. The laptop also supports top-speed internet with its 802.11AC Wi-Fi technology. There is Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity option available along with multi-purpose card reader and USB ports.
- ASUS Laptop AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P Processor. You can enjoy a burst frequency of 3.6 GHz with this laptop, as it contains an AMD A12-9720P Quad-Core processor. The display size is 15.6 inches with energy-efficient LED-backlit and integrated Radeon R7 graphics. The device works smoothly due to its 8 GB of SDRAM and provides exceptional storage space with SSD 128GB. There are multiple ways to transfer files and connect devices with Wireless, Bluetooth, USB and HDMI. You get a sleek design that weighs only 5.07 lbs and has a thickness of about 1 inch only.
Solidworks focuses mainly on CAD (computer-aided design) in order to perform its primary function, which is to get amazing, 2D and 3D drawings or schematics so that you have a blueprint for all of your various projects. The possibilities are totally endless with the right technology! So, Solidworks has definitely made a name for themselves in the world of computer-aided design. Engineers aren’t the only professionals benefiting from CAD programs. Architects, drafters, designers, and artists love this stuff, just to name a few. And with the right program, they are going to blow people’s minds with what they create.
Now, doesn’t that sound awesome for you, too? This includes you! Get ready to get out there and blow some minds with the computers we’ve reviewed. Not only do they work great in regard to their functionality as a whole, but they are the exact machines that have been cultivated to work fantastically with Solidworks. They are the entire package! Great function, cyber protection, fast speed, big screens with beautiful imagery. I could go on for hours. But for now, go ahead and see for yourself!
So, as you can see, we have gathered five of the best machines for all your CAD purposes. But the cool stuff does not end there. Do you enjoy streaming? These computers are excellent for all your streaming needs. The HP “Stream” (pun intended) even has phenomenal speakers to add to the list of goodies, so anything you watch is going to sound pristine. These laptops have the best speed, backlit features for those times when you’re burning the midnight oil, and all the storage space you will ever need. And it doesn’t matter which stage of your venture you are at, either. From students, to entry-level positions, to seasoned pros, to executives. Every one of these options has excellent benefits and a one of a kind ability to function in harmony with Solidworks.
And let’s not forget about computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)! This also plays a very important role in many positions that are consistently using CAD to draw up their plans. With CAD drawings comes CAM, which then goes on to create products and items that the drawings were used to draw out in the first place. CAM isn’t always a part of the picture, but it is utilized plenty in the world of computer-aided drawings. Once you have those plans drawn up, it’s time to actually physically create what you’ve drawn up! (So long as that’s part of the gameplan)
That’s it! It’s that simple! Any one of these laptops could make the perfect companion for you and all of your engineering needs; using this program with such an amazing computer honestly might make you feel like you’re *insert the name of any honorable engineer in the world.* I realized directly after I typed that that I could have just said Elon Musk and no one would’ve questioned me, but you live and you learn. Anyway, go get yourself one of these laptops and enjoy your Solidworks!