If you’re working in construction, chances are you’re dealing with some rough conditions and you need a watch that’s just as manly as you are to deal with your daily work. An ordinary watch won’t do you any good, so check out some of these totally awesome watches we’ve found below to find the perfect watch to keep up with your rough and tough job.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing top watches for construction workers
Here is a list of watches perfectly suitable for construction workers:
- Casio G-Shock Mudmaster Black-Tone Dial Resin Quartz Men’s Watch. As the name suggests, this watch is suitable for people working in the construction sector. The design resists dirt, debris, rubble, and shock. Along with that, the watch offers real-time temperature information and barometric pressure. It resists the vibration associated with construction work such as drilling, crushing, and others. The durability is top-notch due to the multiple gaskets and bezel material. There is a digital compass built-in as well.
- Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch. When looking for a balance of strength and smart features, construction workers can choose this smartwatch. Made from high-quality stainless steel, this watch design is capable to handle construction site conditions. In terms of features, the device offers news updates, text sending and receiving, calendar notifications and a lot more. However, the performance depends on the network you obtain at a construction site. The device comes with multiple choices of interchangeable bands. You can also change the watch face, which makes it a perfect smart watch for construction workers.
- Citizen Watches Men’s Canvas Watch. This is a military-inspired design with stainless steel face and canvas band of green color. The analog display comes with Japanese quartz. It uses natural sunlight to charge on its own. The watch offers a dial window, three sub-dials, date window, buckle closure, and luminous hands. Wearing this watch, you don’t have to worry about water. The device is capable of resisting water to the depth of 100 meters easily. The case diameter is 39 mm.
- Timex Men’s Expedition Field Chronograph Watch. This watch design has special features to work in outdoor conditions. The classic shape has been utilized and the material quality serves the purpose for construction workers. The genuine quality of leather strap ensures the safety of the device in extreme conditions. The watch dial lights up whenever required to help you see the time in dark conditions. The chronograph is available as well. Also, this watch can resist water, even in the pressure of 100 meters underwater.
- Timex Expedition Rugged Chronograph Watch. This is another watch design from Timex that suits the construction conditions. It has a rugged quality to handle outdoor construction conditions. The leather strap feels comfortable and keeps the watch protected. The watch face has sturdy plastic material sealed to protect against water and sweat. The indigo light helps you see the time even in the darkest conditions. The watch contains a date window and chronograph as well. It is a perfect combination of style and strength.
How to find the best watches for construction workers?
Construction workers stay around a lot of debris, dust, and mud. Keeping the environment in mind, you should focus on these factors:
- Shock resistance. The structure of your watch should be able to tackle all the challenging conditions of a construction site. The material and manufacturing quality should resist intense vibrations, debris, and other intense shocks.
- Water resistance. The design should provide protection against water leakage and sweat as well. This way, you can freely focus on your work.
- Valuable functions. The features should be valuable to a construction worker, such as temperature information, glowing watch face, barometer, and others.
- Price and warranty. You can use the quality assessment to shortlist your options, and then compare the prices and warranties.
Remember that your watch needs to be just as strong and tough as you are in order to survive your construction work. So, keep this guide in mind and try to find the perfect match to help you build a successful career.