Looking for the Best RV Tires Fifth Wheel? Let’s Get After It…
You’re probably one of the coolest dudes around if you’re traveling with an RV and living out your daily life working and thriving in one of those sick vehicles. So, we also know that RV enthusiasts like you know that when it comes to life on the road, regular tires won’t cut it. Tires that work for other vehicles can’t keep up with the demand of being on the road 24/7 – and they certainly can’t handle the constant changes in weather and road quality. Hot, sunny days can easily turn into cold, snowy nights when you’re traveling – and your tires are constantly exposed to the elements.
If you’ve been using your RV for quite some time now and have traveled on some brutal roads, or even if you’re just in the market to look for some backup tires for your new RV, you’ve come to the right place. No matter what the case is, if you’re in a search for the best RV tires, we’ve created this guide to help you do just that. We’re diving into the five best options and, perhaps more importantly, letting you know exactly what you should be looking for. Any of these wicked tires are going to secure you the best safety in the game and the absolute best level of durability that you can find out there. No matter which set you wind up choosing, your RV will be running smoother than it ever has before, giving you just one less thing to worry about while you’re driving along the open road. Now, get reading dudes – you’ve got a long road ahead of you .
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Boto Tyres BT926 Radial Tire – 245/70R19.5 133M. These are the heavy-duty tires you need for your RV. The design and construction enable your vehicle to perform in a stable manner. These radial tires have a size suitable for the vehicle you have. Plus, the tread design supports with traction, even with a heavy load. Each tire weighs around 75 pounds and offers a section width of about 245 mm. The radial construction has 19.5 inches of rim diameter. This tire has a 133 rating for Load Index and “M” rating for speed. You can trust this model for your vehicle.
- Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT All-Season Radial Tire -265/70R17 115T. Tires have to face different climate conditions in different seasons. So, they should be able to perform in every season. This model serves with top-notch performance in all different climate conditions. This radial tire design has a run-flat feature with a section width of 265 mm. The weight is 39 pounds and the load index has a 115 rating. The design offers 17 inches of rim diameter. All these and many other features mane the Wrangler Fortitude HT a wise choice for the fifth wheel. You can choose it for heavy-duty performance in all seasons.
- Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Radial Tire – 265/70R17 121R. Goodyear has another model you can leverage as the best rv tires fifth wheel. The Wrangler Silent Armor Pro has been reinforced with Kevlar. The design cancels noise on its own to offer a smooth ride. Also, the tread design allows you to take your vehicle on-road and off-road. The rim diameter is 17 inches and the radial construction comes with 265 mm section width. More importantly, it indicated tread wear to help you maintain the performance of your vehicle. The load index has a 121 rating and the speed rating is “R”.
- Michelin XPS RIB Truck Radial Tire – 235/85R16 120R E1. The tread of this tire model has been specially designed to last longer and serve the purpose. The strength increases with its steel casing that allows the process of retreading, which improves the tire life. This radial tire design indicates tread wear. The rim diameter is 16 inches, while the section width is 235 mm. You get to enjoy a speed rating of “R”. The load index of 120 rating provides impressive performance in heavy load conditions. The performance and construction quality will last for a long time with this tire.
- Hankook AH12 Radial Tire – 11R22.5. This tire model gives you a regional haul. It is an all-position tire with a speed rating of “L” and rim diameter of 22.5 inches. The construction is radial, so you can expect top-notch stability and smoothness. The design aligns with the requirements of heavy-duty vehicles. So, you can use it for your purpose. The tread design creates a comfortable experience of riding your vehicle. The rim diameter aligns with RV models. So, take this model to receive load performance and riding convenience.
No matter what you’re using your RV for or what state your tires are currently in, it’s not going to hurt to look into any of these sets of really awesome tires. If your RV is newer and doesn’t really need a chage out right now, that’s totally fine – but it’s never a bad idea to have a spare or two just in case something happens to you while you’re on the road. On the other hand, if you’re thinking that maybe it’s the time to start replacing the bad boys you’ve got on your RV right now, these tires will save you a ton of time, money and frustration in the long-run! Don’t go spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars just to get a few crappy tires that you’ll have to replace as quickly as you got them; really think about investing in some of the ones we listed for you and you won’t have to worry for a long, long time.
It’s impossible to overstate the importance of finding the right tires for your RV. Plenty of companies will promise that their tires do it all, but you don’t have to go on their word alone. Just consider the same specs we did: on- and off-road capabilities, weather resistance, speed ratings, road noise, construction, and size. Even if any of the ones we listed for you aren’t exactly what you were looking for or you just need a little more convincing, just take a scroll through Amazon’s options! We’ve given you all the information you need to know about which tires will be best for your RV – all you need to do is be cautious of which ones you’re planning on buying and really look into how great the quality of that specific set is. If you can remember everything we’ve taught you, my young Padawan, you will be quite successful in your tire-shopping endeavors.
Life on the road comes with a sense of freedom, but it can have plenty of hassles. You can avoid a lot of them by selecting tires that reach the highest quality in each of these areas. By choosing from our list, you are guaranteed to be purchasing from among the best – and we highly encourage you to do so. We want to make sure you choose the easiest, most beneficial route possible and this guide has laid out exactly how to do that; we really just want to take some of the pressures of life and work right off your shoulders. What can we say – we’re angels. So, go out and get yourself some of these awesome tires for your RV; before you know it, you’ll be driving that RV around like you’re a professional in a NASCAR race. I mean, I don’t highly suggest driving like that in an RV, but it could be fun to pretend.