Traeger is one of the best-known brands for pellet smokers, and their products are known for incredible features and effectiveness. Most Traeger smokers have been priced aptly, so there’s something for each budget, and these products are ideal for parties, BBQ events and other gatherings. Now, if you have a Traeger smoker at home, you would need to buy the right pellets for use, which determines many aspects, including your BBQ taste. In this post, we take a look at the best pellets for a Traeger smoker.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Traeger 32175 20Lb Turkey Blend Pellet
Reviewing the best five options
When it comes to selecting pellets for Traeger smokers or any brand for that matter, we recommend that you check the product manual first for possible ideas. Below are the five products that we liked and is likely to be a great way to fuel your Traeger smoker.
- Traeger 32175 20Lb Turkey Blend Pellet. If you are just cooking a turkey, this is the only pellet that you will need. Made of 100% hardwood and blend of oak, hickory, and maple with a rosemary effect, these pellets offer the exact smoky note you need for turkey, with a light sweet touch. What’s more? the package measures 20 Lb. and includes turkey rub and orange brine. Cooking your turkey won’t be the same anymore.
- BBQrs Delight Wood Smoking Pellets (Set of 6). If you are someone who is specific about flavors for cooking different meats and veggies, you need this pack that contains six very special and loved options – Apple, Hickory, Mesquite, Cherry, Pecan and Jack Daniel’s. Each of these bags weight one pound of pellets, which is enough for at least 8 uses. The product is ideal for smokers, as well as, gas, charcoal and electric grills. The best part – No need to soak your pellets!
- CookinPellets 40H Hickory Smoking Pellets. This is a one-pack product, in case you are just trying out wood pellets or a smoker for the first time. CookinPellets’s pellets are made of top four hardwoods, and there is no alder filler or oak filler that you need to be bothered about. As the name suggests, these are Hickory pellets that are made of 100% hardwood.
- RecTec Grills Ultimate Blend Pellets. This is a twin-pack pellet for Traeger smokers, which comes with an oak and hickory blend. Designed to fit almost all kinds of pellet grills, these pellets are also available in packs of five if you need in bulk. Made of 100% natural hardwood, all the pellets are uniform in size, which does add up to the cooking process and makes your BBQ food taste better.
- “Q” Pellets Premium Blend BBQ Grilling and Smoking Pellets. This is one of the best-rated products and is made of 100% natural hardwood. There are no artificial ingredients or fillers included in the product and works across brands of grills and smokers. This is a 30 lb bag, which should run for a very long time. The company also has specific blends, just in case you are insistent on a flavor.
All about selecting smoking pellets
Most of the smoking pellets in the market are designed to work for different brands, so it doesn’t matter if you have a Traeger smoker in particular. However, it’s a good idea to consider the instructions that have been assigned with your smoker. As for selecting smoking pellets for your Traeger smoker, we recommend that you consider the flavor and what you want to cook, because the right pairing makes a big difference. For example, if you are cooking beef, you can go for hickory or oak, while pork pairs really well with apple and cherry. Poultry is more flexible in that regard and you can choose fruity flavors or something different such as pecan. For seafood, alder and oak are two of the most loved flavors, and if you are cooking veggies, you can settle for apple, maple or pecan as you like.
Make sure that you have done your research on what flavor works well with different meats and veggies. Traeger smokers are extremely efficient, and you can take the taste to the next level by opting for specific flavors. Check the products mentioned above and make a choice.