Looking for the Best Baseball Bat for your 13 Year Old? Let’s Get After It…
There is a huge variety of baseball bats available out there – whether you are browsing in the isles of Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, or browsing the search results on Amazon. For different age groups, you can find different models from well-reputed baseball bat brands. Okay so, we know you don’t want to spend your day combing through an in-depth analysis of baseball bats, just to get the perfect one for your pride and joy. So what we’ve done here at CMD is to shortcut that process for you. We want you to be able to assess quickly, and be able to come out confident that you have made the right choice for your 13 year old. To help you with this quest of a lifetime, the below guide details how to find the best baseball bat for a 13 year old and provides some valuable tips along the way, to ensure you make the right selection.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing great baseball bats. 24-7. 3-6-5.
How about you find a nicely ordered list of top baseball bats suitable for your kid’s game? How about we have that for you right here? BOOM…
- Louisville Slugger PXT. With composite design and -10 drop, this barrel bat contains a PWR STAX technology. The technology successfully spreads the load to provide maximum performance. The bat has a balanced weight and length to provide speed, durability and low vibration. There is a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer and the bat has certification from all major leagues.
- Rawlings 2019 5150 USA Youth Baseball Bat. Give your kid the power of a metal bat with this model. The model is available in a variety of lengths. So, you can pick a perfect configuration of thickness and length for a balanced swing. The design spreads the impact force to provide the maximum speed and hit strength. The alloy 5150 offers long-term durability, which keeps the performance top-notch. The standard baseball leagues have certified this baseball bat as well.
- EASTON Ghost Youth Fastpitch Softball Bat. This specially designed bat is for young girls for softball matches. The design has a drop of -11, which suits the height of a 13-year-old. The material of this bat includes a top-class alloy of ALX50, which is used in the construction of military equipment. The certified shape and size provides a perfect grip to make some great hits without putting too much effort. The handle has cushioning to help with the strength and convenience while making a hit.
- Rawlings 2019 Raptor TBall Youth Baseball Bat. Multiple configurations of length and weight become possible with this baseball bat model. The brand provides easily controllable and powerful designs to help young players bring their best game. The material includes a durable alloy, which helps with easy swings and strong hits. The players enjoy the pop and a longer range of swing. And it all comes with the quality assurance of the brand.
- Louisville Slugger Omaha 518. The barrel bat with a length of 31 inches and the weight of 21 Oz -this model fits all youth standards and provides an alloy construction to improve the quality of the game for your kid. The design is sleek with a durable and comfortable leather grip and a strong end cap. The sweet spot is huge, which ensures the maximum result of an impact.
How to get the best baseball bat for a 13 year old?
With the top shortlisted options, you can utilize the following factors to make your final decision:
- Heaviness. For your 13-year-old, heaviness between 22 and 23 ounces seems perfect. However, you can also choose a little heavier bat as per the height and weight of your kid.
- Drop. Most kids, who are 13 years old, can easily swing the bat with a drop range between -10 to -13. You can define the best drop option by measuring the bat’s length and weight with respect to the height of your kid.
- Investment. You need to find a cost-effective choice that balances quality with the price. For that, you can multiply your kid’s age and the game numbers you expect him/her to play with the bat. This will give you an average price range you can invest.
- Warranty. Don’t forget to evaluate the warranty on the available options. Manufacturer’s warranty provides an assurance of the quality of the baseball bat you are purchasing.
- Certification. If you want your kid to play in leagues, it is important to check the certification that a bat contains.
Keep all the above tips and info in mind and you will find the best possible baseball bat for your teenager. Yep, it’s official, time flies and they are now officially a teenager. Let the games begin! But we digress…back to bats, bats, and more bats. Just do us a solid and make sure you go through the above guidelines, read the reviews, and you will be quickly on the right track to snagging the perfect bat for that future hall-of-famer of yours!