Looking for the Best Torque Wrench under 100? Let’s Get After It…
Talk of the tools that are a must-have in a mechanic’s toolkit, and you have the torque wrench, which allows you to tighten and fix nuts and bolts for the required settings, without damaging the engine or the bolt. A torque wrench is a precision tool, which helps in fastening the torqueaccurately, and it goes without saying that you need a good product that’s meant to handle regular repair needs. In this simple post, we will talk about what it takes to get the best torque wrench under 100 and other relevant aspects that matter.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench.
Reviewing the top 5 torque wrenches!
While a lot of factors determine how you should choose a torque wrench, below are five products that are great in terms of precision and accuracy and have great reviews, as well.
- TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench. TEKTON is one brand that doesn’t compromise on quality of torque wrenches. This product comes with dual-range scale and measures 26-inch in length, 3-inch in width, and 2.5-inch in width. With all-steel construction, you don’t have to bother about breakage and the product is pre-calibrated to +/- 4% accuracy.
- eTORK (C3250) 1/2-Inch Drive”Click Style” Torque Wrench. This product comes with a lifetime personal use guarantee and is accurate to +/- 3% in the clockwise direction. A click-style wrench, it can operate and measure torque in both directions (clockwise and counterclockwise), unlike some of the products that only operate clockwise. For the price, this one is a steal!
- ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8″ Digital Torque Wrench. This ACDelco2 to 37-foot pounds torque range comes with LED flash and an alarm system that notifies the user when the desired torque is reached. The LCD display is easy to read, and it’s one of the few digital variants in this price range. The settings show things like torque, measurement, peak, trace and mode settings. Accuracy range is ± 2% clockwise, and the product meets ISO 6789 standards. ACDelco Tools offers one year of warranty on this one.
- AKM 1/2-inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench. This product comes for a listed price of above $100, but you can always get it at a discount. With calibration error range is only ±3%, this one is a reliable torque wrench, which comes with a locking ring that allows to unlock value. This is a click style wrench, which comes with an anti-skid handle that’s made of aluminum-titanium alloy.
- Craftsman 1/2″ Drive MicroTork Torque Wrench. The final wrench on our list is from Craftsman, which is accurate to +/- 4%. It comes with a twist ring for unlocking, and the scales have been stamped into the housing, which shows torque settings. The company offers a warranty of one year on the product.
What matters in selecting a torque wrench?
- The most common one is a click wrench, which offers a click sound when the required level of torque is received. Then, there’s also beam torque wrenches that come with a dial indicator, so the wrench must be checked for reading. For those who want to use the wrench all through the year, they can consider a click wrench over a beam one. Then there are electronic torque wrenches, which offers an alarm or beep when a desired torque level is reached. For professional mechanics, the third option is ideal.
- An accurate reading is the foremost aspect that matters in selecting a torque wrench, and we recommend that you select a wrench that comes with less than Â±5% accuracy. The best ones have ±2% inaccuracy, which might be a tad more expensive but is worth paying for.
- Brand and construction. When it comes to torque wrenches, you need to remember that you wouldn’t be replacing these anytime soon, so go for the best brand and the highest-quality product that you can find. The best brands, including some we mentioned above, offer a lifetime warranty.
It is a good idea to consider the best torque wrench that fits your budget, but for the basic ones, you don’t have to spend more than $100. Our list should help you find the right one, and the bottom line is not to compromise on the quality, build, and accuracy of the wrench.