Looking for the Best Toothpaste For Dentures? Let’s Get After It…
Just like natural teeth, your dentures need cleaning, and you cannot use any random toothpaste or cleaner for that. Dentures or replacement teeth are usually made of materials that are not the same as tooth enamel, and if the toothpaste/cleaner is too abrasive, it can pretty much cause the dentures to corrode. Even the best dentures must be replaced at some point, but if you care enough about maintenance and cleaning, your dentures can last for years. In this post, we are discussing further on how to select the best toothpaste for dentures and some of the aspects worth knowing.
We understand that it can be difficult to navigate the world of toothpaste for dentures. Not everybody has them, so we wanted to make sure that we did our homework on this one to bring you the absolute best options money can buy. There are definitely some loyal readers we have out there that can benefit from these toothpastes. Or you may even know someone who could use one of these products, too! Whatever it may be, we are confident in our choices below to give you the best clean mouth feel that you can get from a denture toothpaste.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the best cleaners for dentures
- PolidentDentu Crème. This is an exclusive product from Polident that has been designed specifically for cleaning dentures. The product is non-abrasive and safe for regular use, but at the same time, it can remove plaque and prevent damage to dentures. Polident is one of the reliable brands out there, and this product contains special minty ingredients that keep the dentures fresh and clean, so you feel the freshness in your mouth. This is hands-down one of the best products in this category and works well even for dentures that are already stained.
- Stim-U-Dent Fresh ‘n Brite Denture Cleaning Paste. Stim-U-Dent brings this amazing toothpaste that has been designed especially for cleaning dentures. It has the right amount of cleaning power, which not only cleans and freshens your dentures but also keeps them bright enough for regular wear. This is a minty gel, so you have a fresh feeling in the mouth every time clean dentures are used. The toothpaste is one of the few products that categorically remove coffee stains from dentures.
- PolidentDentu-Creme 3.90 oz (Pack of 3). This is a crème cleaner from PolidentDentu that has been developed for those who wear dentures on a regular basis. The product removes plaque and stains from dentures, keeping them fresh and bright. It contains special minty ingredients that keep the dentures fresh all through the day, even after hours of use. You will never have to bother about getting close to people. This comes in a set of three, and it should last for months, especially if you have more people wearing dentures in the family.
- Crest 3D White Toothpaste Radiant Mint. If you are someone who doesn’t wear a full set of dentures and have natural teeth, you will need toothpaste that keeps your teeth as clean as the dentures. This Crest 3D White Toothpaste removes as much as 80% of the surface stains and is designed to be safe for tooth enamel. It also protects against stains and cavities, and the mint flavor keeps your mouth fresh all day along. The Crest is one of the best brands in the market, and we recommend that you get this in a set of 3 for long use and better results.
- Colgate Optic White Express White Whitening Toothpaste. Colgate has always been one of the most reliable brands for oral care, and this toothpaste with Breakthrough Whitening Formula cleans your teeth in just 3 days by brushing. It contains Hydrogen Peroxide, which is the most recommended whitening agent by dentists. It is designed for safe use every single day and offers protection against cavities. The product should be used four weeks for best results.
Selecting the best toothpaste for dentures
Dentures, if not cleaned and disinfected regularly, can harbor microorganisms, and considering that the dentures get into your mouth, you can only imagine the consequences. If you are looking for toothpaste for dentures, you need to check the ingredients and ensure a few important aspects –
- It has to be non-abrasive
- Should be safe for regular use
- Shouldn’t have any corrosive materials
- Must ensure that dentures are fresh
- Must come from a reliable brand
It’s important to pay close attention to these five quick tips above. They are going to help you find the best toothpaste for you. One may be the best for one set of dentures and be not the best option for the next. It’s all about personal preference and figuring out exactly what you will personally need before brushing your dentures with these products. What we do know is that we took special time and attention to put together this list so we could bring you the absolute best options that are out there. We want to take out all the guesswork of trying to find the right product by bringing you ones that we know have been proven to work the best for the consumers who choose to use them. That’s what Club ManDude is all about!
And now for some final thoughts on the subject
If you are new to using dentures, you can talk to your dentist to find a few cleaning products. Find toothpaste that’s safe and can be used without worries about damaging the dentures. Some brands are known for their toothpaste and cleaning products and you can rely on these for quality and cleaning. Check online now and find the right product, or simply select one of the above-mentioned options. It is our sincere hope that we can provide you with enough guidance to find something you like. That’s what we’re here for, to provide some education on great products to leave you with absolutely no buyer’s remorse.
Now if you think you would like some more details before making a decision that is totally fine! We have got you covered, my man. We want you to have as many details as your little heart desires. So, each of the products above comes with a link that you can simply click and shoot right over to Amazon. There you will find as many additional details as you can find on each product while comparing prices. The benefit of grooming and hygiene products is that they’re typically inexpensive. So try a couple if you can’t decide! Who knows? Maybe you’ll like more than one and want to keep a couple options around. Either way, don’t forget to check out the buyer verified reviews. You won’t regret that for certain. Nothing helps the buying process quite like hearing what other people have to say about the products. And if you find another product out there that you think is better than what we found, let us know! It helps us to keep our lists updated to keep bring you the best stuff. Cheers, fellas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Why should I use special toothpaste for dentures?
A) You cannot use traditional toothpaste or soap to clean your dentures because the chemicals present in them can damage the dentures. That’s why you need special denture cleansing toothpaste. These toothpastes have special ingredients that remove the impurities without scratching or damaging your dentures.
Q) What kind of toothpaste can be used for dentures?
A) For dentures, you need to have special toothpaste that’s safe for dentures and partials. Traditional toothpaste may scratch the partials and metals, causing bacterial development in the dentures. These special denture cleansers are also non-abrasive, so they do not cause any scratching or damage over long-term use.
Q) How to clean dentures properly?
A) To clean your dentures well, you need to use special denture cleanser toothpaste with non-abrasive properties. Take the dentures out and clean them over the sink. Make sure to keep the sink at least half-filled to avoid damage if you drop the dentures. Now gently apply the paste and brush on all sides carefully. Rinse well, pat dry, and your dentures are clean and ready.