So gents, let’s get real, the same electric shaver isn’t going to work for every grizzeled man face. If you have a coarse beard and sensitive skin, you need to be a tad more careful while selecting a shaver. For coarse hair, you need something powerful, but with sensitive skin, the product must be gentle at the same time. Selecting the best electric shaver for a tough beard and sensitive skin can be a difficult task, which is why we have a few tips and tested some products to assist you in your facial hair quest.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Best electric shavers:
- Braun Series 3 300s Men’s Electric Shaver. Braun has developed this electric shaver that has three pressure- sensitive shaving elements that offers a smooth shave, but is also comfortable on the skin. It runs on two rechargeable long-life NiMH batteries, which is kind of sweet if you’re traveling and don’t want a corded shaver. Package includes a protective cap.
- SweetLF 3D Rechargeable 100% Waterproof IPX7 Electric Shaver. This rotary shaver from SweetLF is best in its class and has been designed with 4-direction floating heads, which adapt to the contours of the face and offers a smooth shave with no skin irritation. With one hour of charge, you can get 120 minutes of shaving. We liked this product because it is skin-friendly and comes with a convenient pop-up beard trimmer for styling. Meant for both wet and dry use, the IPX7 body is waterproof.
- Phisco Electric Shaver Razor for Men 2 in 1 Beard Trimmer. Phisco’s quick-charge shaver is one of the most powerful shavers we found and great for tough beards. You can shave quickly while still achidving a smooth shave without irritating your skin, thanks to the double-track ultra-thin spherical cutter and self-sharpening blades. It also has an LED indicator that shows pattern power and cleaning needs. The body is washable, and the shaver can be used under the shower, as well.
- SUPRENT 4-Blade Electric Foil Shaver. If you are not a fan of rotary shavers, this product from Suprent works great for tough facial hair. Featuring 2 cellular foils, 3 blades, and a cut trimmer, the product ensures a smooth shave even around the jaw. The 420 stainless-steel surgical blades of the product are skin-friendly, so there’s no question of irritation. We also liked the lithium-ion battery that offers 70 minutes of power on one charge. The company offers a 12-month free replacement warranty on the product.
- Braun Series 3 310s Electric Razor for Men. This shaver from Braun comes with 3 pressure-sensitive shaving elements that offer a smooth shave but protects sensitive skin. It runs on long-life NiMH batteries and is designed for both wet and dry use. You can use the product with gel, water, and foam as required.
Tips for the best electric shaver for a tough beard and sensitive skin
- First things first, find a product that has a powerful motor. This ensures that you get a smooth, clean shave in one go and don’t have to run over the same facial area time and time again, which can cause irritation otherwise.
- The brand is equally important. Find a company that specializes in electric shavers and has a good range of products. Most of the better brands also have a warranty on the shaver, which is a bonus.
- As with any electric shaver, you have to check if the product is meant for both dry and wet use, because you may need to use it under the shower at some point. Also, not all products can be used with gels and foams alike, so check the dos and don’ts.
Well there you have it, we’ve done the research, now find the electric shaver that best suits your man needs.