If you live in a region that has hard water, you have to be careful with the skincare products you use. Water can collect minerals from the soil and rocks as it passes through the ground, and if the amount of magnesium and calcium is higher, water is said to be hard. As such, you cannot use the same bath products, shower gels and soaps. In this post, we are discussing how to select the best body wash for hard water along with a few products that were out top pick! Onward we go!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the Top Four Products
- Direct 2 Boater Biodegradable Shampoo & Body Wash. This is a 2-in-1 Hair & Body Wash from Direct 2 Boater that’s 100% Biodegradable. It is designed without any use of fragrances and dyes and is formulated for fresh & salt water. It lathers pretty well even with hard water or chlorinated water, which makes this one ideal for traveling needs, as well. If you have been looking for a body wash that’s mild and works for hard water, this is the one to go for.
- TOYO Cure Natural Aqua Gel. This product called Natural Aqua Gel Cure is the No. 1 exfoliator in Japan. If you check online for cult Japanese beauty products, you are likely to find this one on the list. This doesn’t include any harsh chemicals, and uses what the brand calls “activated hydrogen water formula” that exfoliates the skin. You don’t need to try too hard to clean your skin, and the body wash can be used for the entire skin. Natural Aqua Gel Cure contains more than 90% water and is scent and color free.
- First Botany Cosmeceuticals Activated Charcoal Shampoo. We wanted to include a shampoo that’s designed specifically for chemical treated hair and works well with hard water. This product from First Botany Cosmeceuticals comes with activated charcoal that cleanses the scalp and hair completely and is sulfate free. The formulation includes herbal oil and ingredients like jojoba oil, Argan oil, avocado oil, keratin, almond oil, and coconut. The product is manufactured in the US at a GMP Certified facility. The company also offers a money back guarantee on the shampoo.
- Salux Super Hard Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/towel. At times, even the best bath products may not work with hard water as expected. This Super Hard Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth from Salux may serve your purpose in such cases. You can consider any bath product and combine the same with this towel, which will clean the skin and improve blood circulation at the same time. It’s made of 13% nylon and 87% polyester and is designed and made in Japan.
Tips to select the best body wash for hard water
- Formulation. First and foremost, check for a body wash that’s designed specifically for use with hard water. It has to lather, but check this aspect in detail because there are products that are not designed for lathering but will clean as well.
- Cost. When you have hard water, you may use more than 50% more soap than required. So, check the price of the body wash first. It is always better to go for mild, gentle products that don’t contain a lot of chemicals, which are typically designed to dissolve minerals and protein.
- Cleansing. How effectively can the product work with hard water is determined by the cleaning action. This is the precise reason why we also recommend a towel as much asa body wash. You can use the cleansing cloth to clean more effectively.
- Fragrance. There are odorless products in the market, but a good body wash should have a nice and long-lasting scent. The fragrance is a matter of personal choice for sure, but make sure that the scent will linger on for a while.
- Brand. Finally, let’s not forget that the brand is important too. Some products are obviously better because these are formulated and created by brands that focus on quality and choice of ingredients.
Check online now to find more on the best-rated body washes and gels designed for hard water, and always try a smaller size before you go out and order a big ole’ jumbo, life supply’s worth. Remember, practicality is absolutely key to optimizing that man-life of yours – not only in body washes for hard water and other bathroom necessities, but in all things! No go forth, brethren, and prosper!