If you look at grooming and haircare sections for men at any known store, chances are high that you will find a whole range of new products. Kind of overwhelming, truth be told. But it doesn’t need to be. Let’s break this thing down fellas. As one example, let’s say you trying to spot the best hair gel to give you some hold but you don’t want to look like your wearing a shiny, lacquered hair helmet, right? No probs, fellas. Most men actually prefer this kind of “dry” look with good hold in their choice of gel.
As the name suggests, these gels are designed to offer a more natural, dry appearance for your hair. In this post, we are giving you the full scoop on how to select the best men’s hair gel for a dry look with products that we picked as the best of the litter.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five products
- MY De Luca NO STRESS Men’s Hair Styling Gel. MY De Luca brings this grooming product that offers smooth dry hair look that remains in place all day long. The hold of the gel is mild, and it also tames your fizz. The product doesn’t leave back a residue and can be used safely on a regular basis. To use this gel, just take a small amount and work on your hair. You can brush and comb as required and wash off the next day.
- Beaux Noggins Hard Noggin HAIR GEL. If you are looking for an extreme hold gel that also ensures a natural, smooth look, this product is worth considering. The product offers a great lift for your hair, adds texture, and can be used on both dry and wet hair. This gel is designed for men and women alike and is natural with ingredients that are good for your scalp. Doesn’t contain sodium chloride or parabens. The fact that the brand offers a guarantee on this product says it all.
- Smooth Viking Pomade for Men. This is pomade that’s designed for curly, straight and thick hair. The product is water based, so it ensures that you get perfect looks and styles without a lot of effort and without all that extra effect. The pomade stays in place all day along, and you can always wash off the next day. It can be used on dry hair for the dry look and on wet hair for that sleek shine. Smooth Viking is one of the few brands in the market that you can trust on.
- Suavecito Pomade Original Hold. We love this pomade because it doesn’t let your hair feel crunchy. In fact, once you have used the pomade, your hair will retain the style with medium hold, but the product doesn’t create what’s called a shiny look. This is a water-soluble product and can be combed or styled as required, with no concerns of white residue. Suavecito is a pretty known brand, and their pomades are classic grooming items.
- Lather & Wood Shaving Co. Face Moisturizer for Men. Amidst all the other products, we wanted to talk of a face product that would help you get the perfect look with styled hair. This Face Moisturizer for Men from Lather & Wood Shaving Co doesn’t have any fragrance, is super nourishing and completely natural. It contains organic ingredients, with hyaluronic acid and shea butter, which works on the skin and ensures that your skin feels natural and smooth, just like your hair.
How to choose the best men’s hair gel for a dry look?
There are many gel, pomades, and other products in the market, but most of them offer that wet, shiny look that doesn’t always work for day-to-day needs. Here are some tips for selecting the best men’s hair gel for a dry look.
- Always go for a product that promises a natural or dry look. That’s an assurance that the product has been designed for the specific purpose.
- Secondly, make sure that it doesn’t have stronghold. Most of the stronghold gels are extremely hard on hair and can make your hair look crunchy.
- Finally, check the brand. Always go for a haircare brand that you can rely on. Go for natural, organic products if possible, and if nothing else works, you can consider products that don’t have harsh chemicals.
Check online now and get at least a couple of products that may help in getting different looks and hairstyles.