Looking for the Baseball Bats for 12-Year Olds? Let’s Get After It…
Dudes, now that you’ve reached the fatherly right of passage of coaching or cheering your child’s baseball (or softarball) games, it is now necessary to find said child the best bat to set them up for success in their sportly endeavors, and probably for life as well. Not just any bat is going to do, you have to do your homework and find the best quality bat that fits the grip of these younger players with the density and weight to knock it out of the park (get it?) . There are plenty of online charts out there that explain how to select the best baseball bat for your little slugger, but here are the five baseball bats we recommend basted on the scientific method….and many many summers of little league practice and playing ball in the bakcyard.
So, be meticulous when you head out on your search for the perfect bat. We know you want to get it right, you’re a ManDude just like us. We love being dad to our little guys and girls! Sports are right there at the top of the list for bonding activities. We’re guys, too, we completely understand. Nothing makes us happier than helping you guys find the best sporting equipment for your kids. Especially when they’re at that age when they get to become young adults. Let us guide you so you can find the absolute best bat.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing top 5 baseball bats in the category
Note that that build and height of your child are important factors you must consider before selecting a bat, but below are some of our favorites:
- Easton S500 Youth Baseball Bat YB16S500 2 1/4″ Diameter (29″/16 OZ Easton is one brand that just can’t baseball bats wrong. This one is made from 7050 aircraft alloy, which ensures fast swing speed, while the 29/32″ handle is super thin, making it easier for smaller hands to handle. If you don’t want to spend a ton on that first bat, this bat is worth considering.
- Marucci HYPERLINK Maple Baseball Bat. If you want that classic wooden baseball bat for your little champ, this one from Marucci is pretty much ideal. Made from quality maple with a large barrel and tapered handle, this bat is a great investment that offers a longevity that will withstand many seasons and rough treatment from tween players. The product is Big League-grade Ink Dot certified and comes with a 30-day warranty.
- Combat 2018 MAXUM -11 Senior League Baseball Bat (SL8MX211). Combat brings you this amazing baseball bat that comes with a 2 ¾-Inch barrel diameter with around 40% larger hitting surface compared to other competitors. This one is particulary awesome for newer players of the game because of its versatility and larger barrel.
- Rawlings 2018 5150 USA Baseball Bat. If you are looking for a budget buy, Rawlings baseball bats should meet your expectations. This metal bat is known for both balance and pop and features p0p 2.0 technology that offers a bigger sweet spot. As for construction, it is made from Aircraft-grade 5150 alloy and is approved for the new 2018 standards in all baseball leagues.
- DeMarini HYPERLINK Balanced USA Baseball Bat. DeMarini brings you this alloy baseball bat that’s ideal for young players and designed for even weight distribution. The handle ensures great control of weight and feel, while the length to weight ratio is -10 with barrel diameter 2 5/8-inch.
Making that ultimate selection
As mentioned earlier, it helps to do some some initial homework and to find a bat that fits your childs size and experience level. Typically, a kid who weighs 95 pounds will need a bat that’s at least 21 to 22 ounces and a length of 31 inches with a drop 10 or a 32 inches with a drop 11. A 29-30-inch bat with drop 8 should also fit the bill. It is also important to know that the swing weight is not the same as scale weight. Longer bats are typically harder to swing so shorter bats may be a better fit for less experienced players.
Bottom line, here’s the the key specifications you should be looking for when selecting the that purveyer of home runs –
- Drop weight
These five quick and easy tips are going to set you up so you know you’ve made a good choice. Pay attention to these elements so you can make a conscious decision that will have your kid wanting to play ball all the time. Because you found them the best bat, Dad. We know that you’ll be just as excited as your twelve-year-old to get out there and use your new toy. Be meticulous in your search, we want you to strive for the absolute best. That’s what we do here at Club ManDude, search high and low to find the absolute best products on the market. Sometimes it takes us to the deep recesses of the internet, but we don’t mind because it leads us to some of the best stuff that’s out there.’
And now for some final thoughts on the subject
A good bat for your little slugger is an investment so making the right selection and choosing a quality brand will set your child up for success and allow your kiddo to grow with the sport. Spending a little more the first time, considering the best fit for your child’s size and experience level, will keep you forms pending more in the future. Now get out there and hit it out of the park! We want your young one to get out there and hit that ball right over the fence. Having great form is going to hit the ball far, having the best bat is going to add some great yardage to any hit.
Now, if you think that we haven’t provided enough details for you to make your decision, don’t sweat it. We have got you covered and will give you all the info you need. Each one of the products that we’ve reviewed comes with a special link that you can click and head right over to Amazon, everyone’s favorite place to buy anything. There you will find all the additional details to your heart’s content so you know exactly what you’re buying and how good it is. You can also check out the price tags and shipping details so you know exactly when you’ll be getting your new toy. And don’t forget to check out the verified buyer reviews, nothing will help the buying process quite like seeing what others have to say about them. Get into all those details and be picky in your search. You’re looking for the perfect bat and we want you to find it. And if you happen to come across a better product that you think should be on our list, tell us about it! Nothing makes us happier than finding out about new and exciting products that can be added to our lists. We appreciate you guys and want you to have fun out there.