Most of us do have an occasional ingrown hair or two – and for most of us it doesn’t exactly top the list of things to gripe about. For most of us, it’s not even in the top 20 gripes. This being said, when it happens it can be annoying as hell.
So we’d like to avoid those ingrown hairs if at all possible, yes? Indeed. And the good news is, making the right choice of shaver does make a difference. There are different kinds of electric shavers, but only a small percentage are gentle on the skin. Experts typically recommend foil type shavers for in-grown hair. This is because rotating shavers are more complicated in terms of correct usage, and if not used correctly, they can cause pulling of hair. To be fair, some of the high-end rotary shavers work as well if not better than the foil type shaver, but it depends on your budget, and how much time you have to burn on this sort of thing. So let’s get right into it, shall we? So here we go – below is the full rundown on how to choose the best electric shaver for ingrown hairs.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
The Top Five Products Decoded
There are varied products in the market, but based on features and other aspects, below are the five that we recommend.
- Gamma+ Absolute Zero Cordless Foil Shaver. This is a foil shaver that offers 12 minutes of the cordless operation, although you can also use it as a corded one. It runs on a lithium-ion battery, which completes a full charge in just 30 minutes. It also features a retractable precision trimmer, and the package includes a multi-function USB charger. Weighing at just 4.6 ounces, this is a compact product that also comes with 2 spare cutters. The company offers a one-year warranty on this shaver.
- Remington Sensitive Electric Foil Shaver, SF4880. This foil shaver from Remington is another product that’s designed for ingrown hairs. With ComfortHybrid Technology, the shaver ensures that ingrown hairs are prevented, besides reducing irritation. The head also features a moisturizing strip with infused aloe vera that offers more comfort. The shaver works in a way that prevents multiple shaving needs, and yes, you can use it for both wet/dry shaving. The product is completely washable, and the charge time is around one and a half hours.
- Hongsheng Hair Removal for Women Electric Compact Epilator. If you want a product designed specifically for women, we recommend this one from Hongsheng. This is a four-in-one product that works as an epilator, shaver, razor and callus remover all at once. For those, who are used to salon waxing, will find this product extremely handy, and it has two-speed settings. The product is cordless and offers 40 minutes of run time on full charge. It also features a built-in LED, and is super easy to maintain.
- Braun Silk-Epil 9 SkinSpa 9-961v, 4-in-1 Epilators for Women. Braun is one brand that doesn’t get personal care products wrong, and this one is designed exclusively for ladies. This product comes in a rose-gold color and works as a both Wet & Dry epilator. It can remove more hair in just one stroke and comes with a deep massage pad that helps the appearance of the skin. There are two body brushes that exfoliate the skin and prevent further ingrown hairs. Ideal for biking shaving too.
- MANGROOMER Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver. Mangroomer brings this back shaver that’s designed for easy shaving of the back. The patented design works wonders for the basic function and is super light so that you can carry it around without any issue. Compared to some of the manual back razors, the extra-wide blade of this one works wonders on ingrown hairs in particular, even in the middle and lower part of your back. This operates on a battery that offers five hours of runtime on one charge.
What to look for in the best electric shaver for ingrown hairs?
Ideally, go for a product designed for ingrown hairs in particular. There is also no denying that foil type shavers are better, as we mentioned earlier, but you may also want to check some of the basic things like –
- Runtime/ battery power
- Other features
- Multiple uses
Finally, make sure that you select a product that has good reviews. An electric shaver meant for ingrown hair should be also easy to use and maintain. You should be able to clean the product as required and without any added fuss, and if the brand offers a warranty on it, that is certainly an advantage. Check online now to find more on foil type shavers and pick one of those mentioned above.