Looking for the Best Electric Shaver for Ingrown Hairs? Let’s Get After It…
Most of us do have an occasional ingrown hair or two – and for most of us it doesn’t exactly top the list of things to gripe about. For most of us, it’s not even in the top 20 gripes. This being said, when it happens it can be annoying as hell.
So we’d like to avoid those ingrown hairs if at all possible, yes? Indeed. And the good news is, making the right choice of shaver does make a difference. There are different kinds of electric shavers, but only a small percentage are gentle on the skin. Experts typically recommend foil type shavers for in-grown hair. This is because rotating shavers are more complicated in terms of correct usage, and if not used correctly, they can cause pulling of hair. To be fair, some of the high-end rotary shavers work as well if not better than the foil type shaver, but it depends on your budget, and how much time you have to burn on this sort of thing. So let’s get right into it, shall we? So here we go – below is the full rundown on how to choose the best electric shaver for ingrown hairs.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
The Top Five Products Decoded
There are varied products in the market, but based on features and other aspects, below are the five that we recommend.
- Gamma+ Absolute Zero Cordless Foil Shaver. This is a foil shaver that offers 12 minutes of the cordless operation, although you can also use it as a corded one. It runs on a lithium-ion battery, which completes a full charge in just 30 minutes. It also features a retractable precision trimmer, and the package includes a multi-function USB charger. Weighing at just 4.6 ounces, this is a compact product that also comes with 2 spare cutters. The company offers a one-year warranty on this shaver.
- Remington Sensitive Electric Foil Shaver, SF4880. This foil shaver from Remington is another product that’s designed for ingrown hairs. With ComfortHybrid Technology, the shaver ensures that ingrown hairs are prevented, besides reducing irritation. The head also features a moisturizing strip with infused aloe vera that offers more comfort. The shaver works in a way that prevents multiple shaving needs, and yes, you can use it for both wet/dry shaving. The product is completely washable, and the charge time is around one and a half hours.
- Hongsheng Hair Removal for Women Electric Compact Epilator. If you want a product designed specifically for women, we recommend this one from Hongsheng. This is a four-in-one product that works as an epilator, shaver, razor and callus remover all at once. For those, who are used to salon waxing, will find this product extremely handy, and it has two-speed settings. The product is cordless and offers 40 minutes of run time on full charge. It also features a built-in LED, and is super easy to maintain.
- Braun Silk-Epil 9 SkinSpa 9-961v, 4-in-1 Epilators for Women. Braun is one brand that doesn’t get personal care products wrong, and this one is designed exclusively for ladies. This product comes in a rose-gold color and works as a both Wet & Dry epilator. It can remove more hair in just one stroke and comes with a deep massage pad that helps the appearance of the skin. There are two body brushes that exfoliate the skin and prevent further ingrown hairs. Ideal for biking shaving too.
- MANGROOMER Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver. Mangroomer brings this back shaver that’s designed for easy shaving of the back. The patented design works wonders for the basic function and is super light so that you can carry it around without any issue. Compared to some of the manual back razors, the extra-wide blade of this one works wonders on ingrown hairs in particular, even in the middle and lower part of your back. This operates on a battery that offers five hours of runtime on one charge.
What to look for in the best electric shaver for ingrown hairs?
Ideally, go for a product designed for ingrown hairs in particular. There is also no denying that foil type shavers are better, as we mentioned earlier, but you may also want to check some of the basic things like –
- Runtime/ battery power
- Other features
- Multiple uses
Now, be sure to pay special attention to the tips above. They will put you on the fast track to success by giving you some additional guidelines before making a choice. All of the products we’ve reviewed above are guaranteed to be great products, but one shaver that is perfect for one guy may not be for another. So, we don’t want any or our ManDudes to have buyer’s remorse. We won’t have it! So, take all the time you need and get into the details so you can pick out the shaver that will be perfect for you. We know how much of a pain those pesky ingrown hairs can be, so we want to make sure that the shaver you get is the one that will take care of the problem for you. There are tons of options out there, so we made sure to do our homework before putting our list together for your consumption.
And now for some final thoughts on the subject
Finally, make sure that you select a product that has good reviews. An electric shaver meant for ingrown hair should be also easy to use and maintain. You should be able to clean the product as required and without any added fuss, and if the brand offers a warranty on it, that is certainly an advantage. Check online now to find more on foil type shavers and pick one of those mentioned above.
And if you think you’d like some more details on these shavers, we’ve got you covered there too. Each one of the products above comes with a link that you can easily click and shoot right over to Amazon, everyone’s favorite place to buy just about everything. There you can absorb as many additional details as you like while comparing all the price tags. You can also see the shipping details so you know exactly when you’ll be getting to use your new shaver. And be sure to check out the buyer verified reviews, as well. There is nothing that will help the buying process quite like hearing it from other dudes who have used these shavers before you. You can get some good, candid reviews before deciding what to purchase. The reviews can totally be your best friend in a situation like this, so don’t be afraid to go there specifically to look at what other guys are saying. Club ManDude wants you to have all the success, so it is our duty to bring you only the best of the best. And hey, if you find something better out there that you think should be on our list, let us know! Make us proud, guys!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Are electric shavers good for ingrown hairs?
A) Electric shavers are the best option if you have ingrown hair issues. The electric shavers have a unique setup where the blade never touches your skin directly, and therefore, it saves you from cuts, rashes, and ingrown hair.
Q) Can an electric shaver protect me from razor bumps?
A) Yes, you don’t get razor bumps if you use an electric shaver every day. Electric shavers have a safety shield that protects your skin from coming in contact with the blades. So, your skin stays well-protected from cuts, rashes, and razor bumps.
Q) Where to find the best electric shaver for ingrown hairs?
A) The best place to purchase electric shavers for ingrown hairs is Amazon. On Amazon, you will find plenty of options, highly affordable rates, and exclusive money-saving offers. So, if you want a good electric shaver, there is no better place than Amazon.