Every man dude has a different taste when it comes to what kind of cologne they like to wear, but one thing is for sure: picking the best man scent can start to get really expensive. Brand name colognes can start to be around $200 and, as nice as it would smell, that’s probably not in your budget. With the help of this awesome guide, you can find a scent that keeps you smelling manly fresh for just under 50!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the best colognes in budget
- BushKlawz Prince Solid Cologne Balms Gift Set. If you are a fan of solid colognes, this one BushKlawz should be a steal for the price. It contains three of their signature colognes – Lumber Prince, Pacific Prince and Urban Prince. Each one is unique has a different note, and we loved how these colognes smell. The best one of all three is the Urban Prince, which has a magical mix of cedar, grapefruit, spices, fir, and lavender, designed for those who head to the office each day. Priced under $30, this set should last a long time.
- Cremo Solid Cologne Blue Cedar & Cypress. This is also solid cologne that comes from the house of Cremo and fits in your pocket, so you can actually take it along wherever you go. It has a brisk, woodsy scent, which is pretty masculine with notes of cedarwood, aromatic cypress and citrus zest. The brand is known to work with some of the biggest and respected fragrance houses to create their products, and we especially love the overall packaging of this one.
- Bath Body Works Men Lotion and Hair Body Wash Technically this is not cologne, but a set of lotion and body wash from the prestigious house of Bath Body Works. It works wonders on the skin and has a scent that can last all day long. The scent includes notes of aromatic bergamot and white cedar and doesn’t overpower your cologne or perfume. We really loved how this lathered into the skin and nourishes it from within.
- Mont Blanc’s Legend Men’s Cologne. If you always wanted a legendary cologne in your stash but don’t want to shell out as much on a big bottle, we recommend this tester from Mont Blanc. Designed for the authentic, self-confident men, the top note includes bergamot, lavender, pineapple leaf and exotic verbena, with hints of geranium, coumarin, apple, rose, and Pomarosa molecule. Mont Blanc doesn’t get its colognes and perfumes wrong, and you will fall in love with the bottle, which is extremely minimalistic but classy.
- ulio&jack Explorer Men’s Solid Cologne. ulio&jack brings this solid cologne that comes in a slide top tin box, which makes it ideal for regular use, as well as, for gifting. It can fit into the pockets and bags easily and is priced under $25, which is a big plus. It contains ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, beeswax and phthalate-free fragrance oil, so it is gentle on the skin too. Notes include bergamot, jasmine, Japanese grapefruit with peppermint. For those on the go, this is a perfect pick.
Selecting the best cologne under 50
Keep in mind that the size of the bottle or tin also determines if the product is worth considering under the $50 category. For example, some products are just miniature bottles of the full versions but are again ideal for those, who want to try expensive colognes after trying. Secondly, check the brand of the cologne, what it contains, and if the ingredients are safe enough for your skin. Keep in mind that cologne is sprayed on your body or is used directly from the tin, so you want to be sure that the product is safe, even when the price is not high.
As for the notes, it all depends on what you are seeking. A woody base note with the citrus top note is an easy classic choice, but it can also be a matter of personal choice. Always check the details and notes before you select any cologne, regardless of the price. Experimenting with a few options is never a bad idea!
Following this guide can have you smelling like the sexiest man in town – and the prices are pretty sexy too. You’re welcome, dudes. You’re welcome.