Looks like you need the best types of smokers for beginners. Let’s get after it…
If you are a foodie, having a smoker at home is an absolute must. Smoking is traditionally about preserving meats, but today, it’s all about inducing flavors in food. For the uninitiated, there is a difference between a smoker and a grill. Smokers are designed for slow cooking, while, in the case of grilling, the food is usually pretty close to the heat source. When you want to cook fast and at high heat, you need a grill, but a smoker uses low heat to slow cook the food. With that said, check the list of best smokers for beginners!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Masterbuilt 20070910 Black Electric Digital Smoker
The top five on the list is here!
- Masterbuilt 20070910 Black Electric Digital Smoker. Cooking space of this product is 730 sq. inches and you get four racks that are chrome-coated. There is a timer that offers complete control, making this a good choice for beginners in particular. The product has a variant that comes with a window, as well.
- Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill. This is a diverse product that allows you to roast, grill and smoke and uses TRU-Infrared technology. The product has a cooking area of 180 square inches, making it ideal for home use. Maximum BTU: 18,000. By the way, this one runs on propane.
- Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 14-Inch Charcoal Smoker. It comes with the water pan that ensures that the meats stay tender. Runs on charcoal, and you can add fuel easily to the smoker via the aluminum fuel door that’s rust resistant. Grill cover is included in the package. This product is best suited for minimal cooking.
- Z Grills ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Smoker. If you are looking for a pellet smoker, this one is an ideal choice. It uses Fan-forced convection cooking and ensures precise temperature control. The cooking area is also decent at 450 Square inches, and it comes with a foldable shelf. Easy to manage and clean, the product also boasts of incredible warranty of three years.
- Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker. For those looking for an electric smoker, this product from Smoke Hollow is a good choice. With adjustable temperature control, you get two cooking grids that are chrome plated and can be adjusted for height. The water pan is included in the package. We recommend this product for homeowners who are just starting with smokers.
Types of smokers at a glance
While we have listed the best smokers above, here’s a take on the various options.
- Charcoal Smokers. This kind of smokeris made of wood and offers the incredible smoky flavor that we all look for. However, it may take a while to get used to it, and such smokers are not allowed in many apartments.
- Gas smokers. Such smokers work on natural gas or propane, making such smokers better and safer for use. If swift smoking is what you need, this is to go for. Gas smokers are easy to clean, use, and are compact and affordable.
- Pellet Smokers. Using pellets, Pellet Smokers make it easy to cook meats on a slow flame, and some of the best ones have digitized setup. Once the settings are set, you don’t have a lot to do. Besides being easy to use, you get a better range of temperatures, but yes, these are expensive.
- Electric Smokers. One of the best options out there, electric smokers are great for indoor use, don’t produce smoke, and are super easy for beginners. While favors are not as great as charcoal, these are still useful.
What else to consider?
Consider the type of the smoker and what you want to do with it before taking a call. Other things to check include the fuel type and build quality. You don’t want a smoker that’s too cumbersome to use. Electric ones are better for most homes but using outdoors can be confusing. Also, consider if you want the smoker to bake and grill, as well, because features can influence the price. Not to forget, the brand and warranty also matter.
It is a good idea to consider a smoker that comes with considerable brand support and is easy to use. Don’t forget to check the reviews online before you take the final call.
We know that you are just starting out in the smoker game, we totally get it. We want to set you up right so you can be psyched about your new smoker. Trust us, we do a lot to make sure we set our guys up for success no matter what types of products we are writing about. And finding the right smoker for the first time does not have to be a daunting task that takes up a lot of time and leaves you frustrated in the end. There are so many different options out there, it can be difficult to weed through everything and figure out which are options are going to be the absolute best. So leave it to us to take on the challenge! That’s why we are here. Club ManDude wants nothing more than to help make our guys’ lives easier by finding the best of the best products out there to set you up for success. When we are jumping into something new, it is exciting and we want to make sure that you are totally satisfied with your experience. So take a look at the excellent smokers we have found and get yourself the best one that suits your needs. Then you can watch some great YouTube videos to get you learned on how to use these bad boys before you start getting your meat smoked to awesome, meaty perfection.
When you take a look at the smokers we found, you will see that we put together some truly reputable brands with a lot of skin in the game. These guys and gals have plenty of years’ worth of experience in the culinary game, bringing us the absolute best when it comes to smokers. And these bad boys are electric too! You can absolutely get an amazing smoker that runs electrically, as opposed to gas or charcoal. When they are electric, it helps to keep things simple. But don’t think that just because it’s simple it’s going to be lacking in its ability to smoke your meat to juicy tenderness. You are going to be psyched when you start checking out these smokers. Because nothing is quite as delicious as meat that has been smoked perfectly. And you know what else makes the task even easier? A probe meat thermometer. Just stick that bad boy in to check out the temp, and you can your meat to the perfect temperature depending on what you’re cooking. The possibilities are endless, too, because there are so many different cuts of meat you can smoke. We love smoking our meat, too, and we are confident that you are going to get just as much enjoyment as we do. So check out the options, compare the features, and take a look at the prices.
Speaking of prices, when you check out the price tags on these rad smokers, you will see that a great electric smoker is within your grasp for an amazingly affordable price. Go ahead and take a look! We think you will be pleasantly surprised when you take a look at everything we found. Finding options with comparable prices is always going to be the name of the game. Getting yourself a new awesome smoker does not have to break the bank. It does not have to cost an arm and a leg or put a hole in your pocket. You can get yourself a smoker from a great company that lasts for years to come for a great price no matter which one you choose. So do some price comparisons, we are certain that one of these options will serve you right no matter which one you happen to choose. And if you find another option out there that didn’t make our list, we want to know! We always want to stay on top of all the greatest options that are out there, no matter how we gather the intel!
And if you think you want some more info before you buy, we have got you covered. The great thing about shopping on the internet is you can check out what other people are saying about just about any product before you buy it. And there is nothing more honest than someone reviewing a product that they just bought and tried, whether that review happens to be positive or negative. So take a look at what other consumers are saying about these smokers, we do not think you will be disappointed. Sure, you may see a negative review here or there. You can’t make everyone happy. But you will see many more positive ones.
Being new to the smoker game is an exciting endeavor, so find yourself the perfect electric smoker to get you started. Impress your friends with your culinary prowess and have some fun out there with your brand new smoker!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it worth investing in a smoker?
Yes. If you love your meat smoke-flavored, then you should invest in a smoker. Although having a gas grill is fine, the mechanics will not help you in the smoking process. Gas grills are often designed to produce heat with low airflow. Smoker, on the contrary, has high airflow with the smoke-producing mechanism.
2. What should be the prime qualities to look into a smoker?
As a beginner using a smoker, you should look for insulation in the smoker. Great insulation will help your smoker to retain the heat and smoke for the slow-smoking process. Apart from these, you should also check for a large cooking chamber, proper airflow, and temperature management.
3. Is smoked meat healthier or not?
According to recent studies, smoked meat is very healthy because of its process. As it is cooked on low heat, the flames do not interact with animal fat and cause unhealthy reactions. Thus, you can enjoy smoked meat as much as you want.