Looking for the Best Drill Bit for Drilling Stainless Steel? Let’s Get After It…
The whole purpose of a drill bit is to make drilling easier, and you would want the bits to be strong enough to handle the concerned metal. In this case, we are trying to find the best drill bit for drilling stainless steel and it has to be a good set, because you don’t want to end up with cracked/broken bits, and even worse – you might not be able to drill at all. Below is an easy guide on how you can find the best drill bits that are specifically designed for stainless steel.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Neiko 10193A Titanium Step Drill Bit Set
Reviewing the top five products
Below, we have reviewed five drill bit sets that are ideal for stainless steel and should suffice the needs of most users.
- Neiko 10193A Titanium Step Drill Bit Set. This product from Neiko includes three drill bits that cover up for 28 sizes, and that makes it a compact set for professional users and those who want to move around with their sets. The bits are made of high-speed steel with titanium coating and are designed for stainless steel and other materials, including copper and sheet metals. With the 135° split point tip, the bits prevent the need for pressure and are self-centering. You can check the set manually to find more on the sizes it covers. If you are in need of a handy tool, this one is perfect.
- Gazeto 16PCS Twist Drill Bit Set. As the name implies, this set from Gazeto includes 16 pieces, which are ideal for working with stainless steel. You can also use the drill bits for steel, copper, iron, plastic, and aluminum, making this more of a diverse product set. The sizes of the drill bits range from 1.0mm to 10mm. While the product itself serves the purpose, we hoped for the brand to have a handy box with the product.
- Drill Hog 21 Pc Cobalt M42 Drill Bit Set. If you don’t mind paying a tad more for your drill bit set, this product from Drill Hog is a perfect pick. You get 135 Degree Split Point for all bits, which prevent walking and is self-centering, while the bits are made of solid cobalt m42 steel for extra durability. The size range for this set is from 1/16” to 1/2″, and the brand offers a lifetime warranty on the product, which is great.
- Chicago Latrobe 150 Series High-Speed Steel Jobber Length Drill Bit. Chicago Latrobe is known for making durable and expensive drill bits, and this product is one of the best-rated ones online for stainless steel. You get a set of 25 jobber length drill bits, with a size range between 1.0-mm and 13.0-mm. The set size increment is around 0.5-mm. While the drill bits are of great quality, the product package also includes steel index case, which comes with labeled compartments, so that you can organize the bits easily. Ideal for professionals!
- Migiwata Metric M35 Cobalt Steel Twist Drill Bits. Migiwata brings this affordable set of drill bits that are made of M35 cobalt steel with molybdenum and cobalt added. The product is priced right and is designed for most metals, including stainless steel and hardened steel. You also get 135° Quick-Cut points, which are self-centering and prevent ‘walking’. The range of bits starts from 1.5mm all the way to 6.5mm. In case you need, the brand offers a full refund or replacement.
How to choose the best drill bit for drilling stainless steel?
As obvious, you need a drill bit set that is extremely sturdy and is made of quality materials like high-speed steel, or cobalt for that extra strength. HHS or high-speed steel drill bits are the most popular, while cobalt is a great choice. The brand is also something that matters, and it is wise to go for drill bits that come with a warranty. Stainless steel is strong enough, and the last thing you would expect is broken bits. Make sure that you check reviews of the products, and don’t forget to check the split point tips, which should be ideally at 135 degrees for preventing what is known as walking. While 118-degree bits are also available, these are not suitable for heavy metals.
Check online and take your call!