Fitness is a way of life. If you have an active lifestyle, you probably know that wearing deodorant or antiperspirant is an absolute must while working out, unless you want people to slowly scoot away from you as your hit those weights. You’re over there firing away at those Lat pulls about 10x as fast as you should be, and you are just pumping out the funk, forming a lonely stink perimeter around yourself. You don’t want that, right? Nope. Sure don’t. This is not 1969, and this is not Woodstock. No sir. We believe in deodorant! Masking your “natural” scents is part of the deal if you want people to not grimace when they are near you.
Some dudes sweat more than others, and when you are working out, the sweating is more profuse and intense, because you’ve obviously got that heart rate up and are burning up those calories. While there are endless products in the market, not all are ideal for workouts and physical activities. In this post, we bring tips for selecting the best deodorant for working out, with five products that we liked the most.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five deodorants for working out
- All Out Naturals Organic Deodorant. If you are a fan of organic, chemical-free products, we recommend this one from Out Naturals. The product contains a blend of essential oils, such as lavender, lemon, cypress, and rosemary, with shea butter and coconut oil that keeps odor at bay for as long as 24 hours. The deodorant contains certified organic ingredients and is eco-friendly, cruelty-free, gluten-free and GMO-free. Doesn’t include any aluminum, phthalates, parabens, which is an advantage, making it ideal for daily workouts.
- Degree Men Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick. For those who need more protection, Degree Men brings this deodorant stick that offers protection from wetness and body odor for 48 hours. This also doubles up as an antiperspirant, so you can take this along to the gym before a workout. The energizing fresh mint scent is amazing with added notes of melon and apple. The product is super easy to carry around, so you can always have it in your gym bag.
- Blue Marble Skin Care Aluminum Free All-Natural Deodorant. This product contains 1OO% all-natural ingredients, which makes ideal for your skincare routine. You can wear the deodorant in the morning and go out for your usual routine, as it works all through the day, even when you are sweating in the gym. Ingredients include coconut oil, shea butter and carnuba wax and the product is certified organic, cruelty-free and vegan. There is no artificial fragrance in this product, and it doesn’t include alcohol, parabens and dyes.
- Degree Men Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick, Sport. This product is just ideal for those who want a sporty scent while working out. Much like other products from Degree Men, this one too offers 48 hours of protection against sweat and body odor. It does work wonders for wetness protection, which brings it to our list. The scent includes notes of zesty lemon and bergamot orange, with a masculine mask. The product again comes in the form of a stick, ideal for carrying around.
- Degree Men Cool Rush Antiperspirant and Deodorant. We had to include this product on this list because of the travel size. No matter whether you are on the run or are lifting heavy in the gym, this deodorant cum antiperspirant is easy to carry around. The crisp, green, arctic freshness of the deodorant lasts for as long as 24 hours, which is great even for daily use. This comes in a set of 3, so should last for at least two months even with regular use.
Selecting the best deodorant for working out
- Start by looking for products that can last for at least 24 hours, if not more. It is important to use a deodorant that is designed for outdoor activities and gym needs, and think of this as an investment, so spending a tad more is always justified.
- Look for reliable brands. A good brand is always important when it comes to selecting products that are used directly on the skin. If you can, go for deodorants that don’t contain a lot of chemicals and is cruelty-free at the very least.
- Also, if you suffer from excessive sweating, you may need a clinical-strength deodorant for working out. These products have antiperspirant properties and aluminum salts that help in blocking sweating.
It is also important to understand that deodorants don’t control sweating but odor, so if you have a problem of sweating more than an average person, you need an antiperspirant. Ideally, find a product that can prevent odor in the first place, because everyone sweats while working out, and it is absolutely normal. So, odor first, antiperspirant second. Luckily the two go hand-in-hand in most products. And if you’re the active type who likes to hit the gym to keep those love handles in check, you’ve got a range of products to choose from! We hope this post was helpful! Off with you now, go get ripped and keep those sweat glands in check!