Looks like you need the best pellet smoker for the money. Let’s get after it…
Pellet smokers, also called pellet grills, have come a long way. The new ones are designed for precise control and convenience – just get the settings right, and you are done! Pellet smokers are really easy to use, and yes, you don’t have to compromise on taste, flavor, and food variation. Below, we have reviewed the best pellet smokers for you, with a guide for things that need attention.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Camp Chef PG24DLX Deluxe Pellet Grill
The best 5 pellet smokers reviewed!
- Camp Chef PG24DLX Deluxe Pellet Grill. The digital temperature control of this product is worth mentioning, and it works for almost all kinds of cooking needs – Choose to grill, bake, smoke, roast, braise and barbecue. Temperature range goes up to 500° F, and the product is easy to clean. CampChef offers good support, and for your information, cooking surface measures 570 square inches.
- Pit Boss 700FB Pellet Grill. If you need a bigger cooking surface, this Pit Boss product is a good choice. With 700 square inches of cooking area, this one uses nothing but wood pellets for fuel. Top temperature is 600 Fahrenheit, and it features what’s called the ‘Frame Broiler’. Cook, smoke, bake, grill, sear – this is a versatile product.
- Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker. This is a digitized pellet smoker, which comes with a smart control panel. There are four chrome-coated smoking racks, with a special feature of smoke control. This is strictly a smoker, which allows you to smoke as many as six whole chickens together.
- Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill. Need a smart pellet smoker? This is one to go for, as it isWi-Fi enabled. The product comes with a thermal sensor called Sense-Mate, which helps in monitoring the grilling temperature. The legs are foldable and can double up as handles. The product is great for portability and is one of the budget options out there!
- Cuisinart CPG-4000 Wood BBQ Pellet Grill and Smoker. The cooking area of this product measures 450 square inches and allows you to do everything – bake, roast, grill, smoke, barbeque and braise like a pro. It comes with wheels that are designed for all terrains, making it a mobile choice. You also get shelves that help in prepping faster. Although not the costliest choice, this one works wonders for basic needs for the price.
We recommend that you set a budget and then check the features so that it’s easy to compare the choices.
What to look for?
- The price. Pellet smokers, or pellet grills, have different price tags, but we recommend that you don’t settle for something very cheap. By now, you know that pellet grills come with a digital controller, but the cooking areas bear the most brunt, and you don’t want to replace the product after five years. Bottom line: Don’t mind spending a tad more.
- Cooking and temperature control. These are two aspects that need the most attention. Many models now have one-touch buttons while brands have come up with their own proprietary versions, as well. Select a product that’s easy to use and allows you to have control over the process, even when the cooking time runs in hours.
- Grilling surface size. Don’t choose a product that comes with a small grilling surface. While you may need a small one for two people, it’s still better to choose something that can cook for four people at the least.
- Portability. Eventually, you would want to take your pellet smoker for camping and outdoor activities, and therefore, it needs to be mobile and portable. It should be easy to carry in your car- Period.
- Quality of construction. If you really want the product to last, this is one aspect that cannot be discounted for anything else. Make sure that the product is made of good-quality painted steel or a material that’s meant to last.
Finally, the brand also makes a big difference. You may want to check the warranty on the product and if the features are worth your requirements. It makes little sense to get a big pellet smoker if you are just cooking for two people while the extremely small ones with the limited cooking surface are not ideal for picnics and events. Take your requirements into account and get your pellet smoker now!
We do not think that finding the perfect pellet smoker needs to be difficult. In fact, we think that we can help make it a cinch! We get it, there are just so many different options out there that it can be difficult to figure out which ones are going to be the absolute best. But that’s why we’re here! Club ManDude wants to do one thing for our guys, make life simpler. Because when we get the opportunity to find the absolute best products out there, it gives us a chance to make life easier for our guys. You will save a ton of time because we found the absolute best five pellet smokers that money can buy. Tons of people love these bad boys and we think that you will too. When you take a look at the options we have found, you’re going to find products that fire on all cylinders. They’re amazing smokers for an affordable price from a great brand that makes excellent products that are built to last. So get yourself one today and we are certain that you will not be disappointed when it comes time to fire it up for the first time. What we want is for you to be able to smoke your meat to excellent, tender, juicy perfection every time you smoke. And the added benefit of the perfect pellets is going to leave your meat so tasty every time you smoke it.
When you take a look at the brands we have put together, you are going to find that some of them come from recognizable brands with plenty of influence in the smoking game. And even if you haven’t heard of any of these brands, you can rest assured that we took the time to make sure that we are bringing you smoker options that are sure to please no matter which one you buy. So it all boils down to preference in many cases. Any one of these smokers is a great option that so many people love, so check out the features of each one and see if that can be the deciding factor when it comes time to pick which smoker you want to use at home every time you have a hankering for some smoked meat. And if you happen to find an even better option out there in the far reaches of the internet, we want to know! It is our purpose to always stay on top of the absolute best options that money can buy no matter how we end up gathering that intel. So peruse the options and see which one may just happen to jump out at you, giving you that extra edge to say “yes” to one of our options.
If you take some time to compare the prices of these bad boys, you will see that we were able to find options that are not only amazing, but they are comparable in price. A brand new, excellent pellet smoker does not have to break the bank. You can get a new smoker without putting a hole in your pocket. Having an awesome smoker is a great option when it comes to cooking, too, because as guys that cook we want to be able to cook our meat however we so please at any time! And especially when the weather is nice, we want to be able to get out there and use our grills and smokers whenever we get the chance. So get out the pellet smoker and show your friends how great you are at getting any of your meats smoked to tasty perfection.
Now, if you want to collect more data before you buy, we can dig it. We want you to have as much information to your heart’s content before you make a decision to buy. So, one of the great benefits of living in the age of the internet is being able to check out customer reviews whenever you so please. And nothing is more honest than a person reviewing their new product that they just used for the first time, whether that review is positive or negative. Thankfully we take the time to make sure we are recommending products that plenty of people love and provide a lot of positive reviews for. Sure, you may come across a negative Nancy here and there. It is to be expected. But when you check out what consumers are saying about these smokers, you are going to see plenty of positive reviews before you buy.
Having one of the best pellet smokers money can buy is absolutely within the realm of possibility for you, my friend. So find yourself one that gives you everything you need every time you head outside to get some meat smoking on. Enjoy, fellas!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get more efficiency from a pellet smoker?
You can achieve better efficiency by choosing the right cut of meat, better quality wood pallets, set the right temperature, and avoid dense smoke. By following these tips, you can get efficiently smoked meat in a pellet smoker. Lastly, you should also not open the smoker lid often during the process.
2. How long do pallets survive in the hopper?
The duration may vary from 2 weeks to months depending upon the humidity in the weather. If you often use your pallet smoker, let pallets be stored in a hopper. Otherwise, empty the hopper and keep pallets in a secured place if your use varies from month to month.
3. Does a pallet smoker produce more smoke than others?
Pallet smoker comes with the mechanism of producing a ton of smoke in the first go only. They provide indirect heat and enable large smoke production when the temperature is set on low. Moreover, if you still feel that smoke coming out is less, don’t open the smoker lid often and try different pallets.