Most people can prevent sweating and odor, just by using a regular antiperspirant, but for an unlucky few others, sweating is a bigger problem. Profuse and continuous sweating can be a concern, especially if you are someone who has tobe on the go for work, is frequently engaged in heavy physical activities, or has a heart beating in his chest. In other words, sweating a lot is a problem, period! The market is filled with a number of clinical strength deodorants, but what does “clinical strength” even really mean?
In laymen’s terms, clinical strength deodorants, basically, are prescription strength products, which just means that these are designed to prevent sweating more effectively than your regular, garden variety deodorants. Experts agree that these products do work well to prevent sweating because aluminum salts found in these products form a shield in the sweat glands, preventing perspiration. The clinical strength deodorants basically have more of these aluminum salts, especially aluminum chloride. In this post, we give you the full scoop on how you can choose the best clinical strength deodorant for men.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five products
- Ebanel Laboratories Sweat Master Antiperspirant Spray Deodorant. This is a unisex product from Ebanel Laboratories that works wondrously to prevent sweating, and you need to use it right before going to bed. It contains 15% Aluminum Chloride and requires 7 hours to work on pores. This is one of the most-recommended sweat sprays in the market by dermatologists for the treatment of Hyperhidrosis, which is excessive sweating. The product is made at anFDA licensed facility and comes with a money back guarantee.
- Gillette Clinical Strength Antiperspirant Deodorant for Men. Coming from the trusted house of Gillette, this clinical strength deodorant contains 10,000 odor fighting molecules, equivalent to 6.25% aluminum chloride for better sweat protection. It doesn’t just eliminate odor but also keeps it at bay. The brand promises 48-hour protection, and yes, you get a crisp scent that can be a real turn-on, especially if you work outdoors.
- Degree Men Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant. Degree Men is one of the few brands that specializes in personal care products for men, and this one offers prescription strength wetness protection for as long as 4 hours. It also features what’s called the MOTIONSENSE technology, so you feel fresh on the move. The deodorant also contains moisturizing ingredients that prevent skin irritation and prevents wetness. We found this one of the budget products in this category.
- Gillette Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant for Men. This is another product from Gillette that offers the ultimate long-lasting scent that’s ideal for office goers. It contains 10,000 odor-fighting molecules to provide that clinical strength protection against wetness, equivalent to a 6.25% aluminum chloride Rx product. The product starts as a dry product and works accordingly dry all through the day. We recommend that you use it at night for better protection.
- Dove Men+Care Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick Clean Comfort. One of the best-rated products online, this Dove Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick is designed to be tough on sweat but feels comfortable on the skin. It offers 48-hour protection against sweat and odor, and with added moisturizer technology, your skin will feel nourished too. This may seem like a cheap product, but trust the experts when they say that it works.
How to select clinical strength deodorant for men?
- It is important to understand that clinical strength deodorants do have extra aluminum salts, more of aluminum chloride, which we mentioned earlier. As such, the first thing you need to check is the amount of aluminum chloride or equivalent that a deodorant contains. This just determines the extent of protection that a product can offer.
- Most brands also mention the overall protection hours or the time for which the clinical strength deodorant would last. Make sure that you check that. Also, always go for a brand that you can rely on, because the quality of the product does make a difference, not just in how it contains wetness, but also as to how it works on your skin.
- Consider the scent. Just because you need a clinical strength deodorant doesn’t mean you have to compromise on the scent. There are quite a few products that have masculine woody scents, while you can also find those that have a fresherscent.
Don’t forget to read the labels closely! Some clinical strength deodorants are best used at night for better protection the next day. Ultimately your best best is to pick up a fewto test and find one that works best for you. No two mandudes are exactly alike! So get out there and see which clinical strength deodorant works best for you. Have at it!