Do the amount of potential toxins and harmful chemicals in your shaving cream matter? Think about it this way, you are using a razor to shave off your stubble but also you are exfoliating or removing very thin layers of skin, and you are using a cream to lather things up. If you think that chemicals in the shaving cream do not get absorbed through the facial skin in this process, think again, gents.
Beyond issues of potentially toxic chemicals being absorbed into your man-face, you have the simple fact that poor quality shaving creams can actually increase irritation, redness, and burns – the very things shaving creams are supposed to help you avoid!
Given the above, it therefore behooves us fine man-dudes of letters and reason to make sure we are using non-toxic shaving creams of good quality and composition. Be kind to that mug of yours, my compatriots! Lucky for you, we’ve made that easy for you in this guide to selecting the best non- toxic shaving cream. Let’s roll…
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing natural non-toxic shaving cream products
You can find natural shaving cream products to ensure a gentle shaving experience:
- Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream. All ingredients of this shaving cream are plant-derived. This makes the cream natural and safe to use on any type of skin. The ingredients ensure softer skin, smooth shaving experience, and minimal irritation after a shave. The quality of the lather allows you to get a close shape without experiencing any razor burns. One package offers about 100 shaves. The formula is organic, without any trace of synthetic fragrances or paraben. The elements work on your skin to hydrate and soothe the skin surface.
- Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Shaving Cream. This is another product from Pacific Shaving Company to help you resolve redness and irritation after shaving. The shaving cream works with natural ingredients to provide the necessary safety to your skin along with some valuable nutrients. Organic elements moisturize your skin and give a rich cushion-like layer of lather while shaving. The product is caffeinated to offer a beautiful post-shave aroma. Plus, your skin feels smooth and clean without having any red spots.
- Knightsbridge Bergamot Shaving Cream. This product offers a combination of Amber and Bergamot. These elements are known for their natural soothing properties. Along with that, you get a cooling effect with Patchouli and Eucalyptus. These are all natural ingredients to provide premium quality cream for shaving. It creates rich lather without the use of too much quantity. The product serves the purpose with essential oils combined to give you the facial skin benefits.
- Proraso Pre-Shave Cream. Proraso has this perfect close shave solution with natural beard softening elements. The formula contains a tested mix of glycerin, menthol, and eucalyptus. These elements come together to purify, protect and repair your skin. You can use some warm water along with this cream and massage a little to get a rich lather. The cream, then, tones, protects and softens your beard. So, you can conveniently have a close shave.
- Proraso Single Blade Shaving Cream. It is safer for your skin if you use a razor with a single blade. However, most people don’t feel impressed by the quality of shave with a single blade. But don’t worry! You can rely on the hair softening traits of the Proraso Single Blade Shaving Cream. This product contains enriching oils for thick lather and reliable skin protection while shaving. The aroma of Azur Lime enhances the scent you get after a shave. The texture created by the cream allows even one blade to closely cut the softened hair fibers smoothly.
How to select the best non-toxic shaving cream?
As your goal is to find a non-toxic shaving cream, focus on the following factors:
- Ingredients. Evaluate the type of ingredients used to create a shaving cream. Don’t just read the front label, go through the list of ingredients. This way, you can ensure that all ingredients have been derived from natural sources.
- Shave quality. Even with the natural ingredients, the cream should be able to offer a smooth and close shave. Hence, you should read customer reviews and try to understand the quality of shave it provides.
- Healing effect. Due to organic ingredients, high-quality shaving creams provide a healing effect. Such cream products repair damaged skin and resolve the problems of irritation and redness. So, you should look for such benefits in your cream.
- Number of shaves. Find out the necessary quantity you need for each shave. This will tell you the number of shaves you can get with one pack of the cream.
So that about covers it fellas. Hopefully you’ve found some guidance here at good ole’ CMD, and can no go forth with the utmost confidence, and procure for yourself the most non-toxic, high quality shaving cream on the market, and at a price point that you like. Off with you now!