As cool as riding a motorcycle seems, sometimes it can be painful if you’re riding for more than forty or so minutes at a time. Being the busy gents that we are, sometimes rides like that are something we have to do, but the good news is it doesn’t have to be painful!
Most of the time when you’re experience discomfort while riding, it’s probably because of your seat. Stock seats that come with your motorcycle aren’t always the comfiest, which is why in this article we are going to be breaking down the top 5 best motorcycle seat pads for long rides.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Air Seat Innovations Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Medium. This is a medium size seat pad that fits medium cruisers, small cruisers, sports bikes, dual sports bikes, standard bikes, Harley and other bikes as well. The ergonomically designed seat pad makes a long ride comfortable. The seat pad has Neoprene rubber construction, which is extremely durable and comfortable. There are staggered air pockets create optimal pressure. The design supports the tailbone, prostate and scrotum area and also provides more leg passage. The design comes with a manufacturer warranty of 1 year. The dimensions are 13″x12.5″x2″.
- Conformax ULTRAGEL Motorcycle Seat Gel Pad. This ultra-gel pad design for bikes has a thickness of 5/8 inches. The gel technology allows the pad to reduce the pressure transmission created by bike vibrations and road impacts. This way, you feel comfortable during long trips on a motorcycle. You can choose between the two available sizes. In fact, the material allows you to trim the pad to a perfect size. No need to worry about any leakage if the pad gets punctured or cut. The gel pads contain smoothing foam of size 18 x 16 inches and a thickness of 1/8 inches.
- Air Seat Innovations Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Large. This motorcycle seat has a large size suitable for big cruisers. However, you can use it for all standard bikes, adventure touring bikes, sports touring bikes and others. The front section of the seat pad supports on a long day of motorcycle ride. The size of this pad is 15″x13.5″x2″ containing Neoprene Rubber, which offers better comfort than polyurethane plastic. The patented technology of Staggered Air Pockets is used in the pad to provide additional support. The pad design has a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year to ensure the value for the money.
- AIRHAWK Motorcycle Seat Cushion Cruiser, Medium. Airhawk also uses the patented Air Cell system in order to secure the hip area during long-term rides. Users consider it the best motorcycle seat pad for long rides for its safety, comfort, and protection against injuries. The design is tapered to provide leg comfort without changing the height of the ride. The stress relievers are built-in to provide additional protection to tailbone, prostate, and scrotum. The side mesh panels provide air ventilation to stop heat buildup during a long ride. The multi-cell structure of the pad absorbs the pressure created due to vibrations.
- Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad For Passenger Rear Back Rider. This cushion seat pad is for the rider sitting in the back. The design and shape make it suitable for all kinds of standard, sports, adventure tour, cruisers and other kinds of bikes. The pad supports comfort and protection due to its ergonomically designed padding. The air ventilation delivers proven pressure relief and cooling during long rides. The design provides additional relief of pressure in the tailbone, prostate and scrotum area. The leg passage allows the rider to sit comfortably for long hours of riding.
Guys, if you’re tired of being uncomfortable during long rides on your motorcycle, investing in a new seat is probably the answer for you. We all come in a variety of different shapes and sizes, so how do you know which seat is best for you?
When it comes down to actually choosing a seat you want to look out for some properties of a high-quality seat and some of those properties are:
- Padding for comfort
- Leg comfort
- Pressure transmission reduction
- Multi-cell structure
- Built for impact
Some of the best motorcycle seats available today we have these qualities included. Make sure to keep these in mind during your search and you’ll be guaranteed to have a motorcycle seat that you’ll want to stay on all day!