Looking for the Best GPS For Motorcycle Trail Riding? Great. Let’s Get After It…
Motorcycles don’t have to just be used for everyday transportation, they can also be used for other riding styles and recreational activities. Obvious, right fellas? Well, for some, their bike is just a means to go from point A to point B. And we here at Club MD feel sorry for those guys, because they are missing out on a dirtload of fun!
Motorcycle trail riding is extremely popular as an outdoor activity – there is nothing quite like it. One issue can arise though – if you are going deep into trails in a rural area that might have miles and miles of trails, and maybe you lose your way, and the gas in the tank is running short, well, having a good GPS on you can prove invaluable!
Having a navigation system is super important, especially if you don’t know your way around a trail. It may lead to you being lost, or a pretty bad accident. That’s why in this guide we are going to talk about what you need to know about choosing the best GPS for motorcycle trail riding and our review of our top 5 picks!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- TomTom Rider 550 Motorcycle GPS Navigation Device. You can use this GPS device to find your way in hill roads for more excitement during trail riding. The wireless network helps to update its software and maps and you get synced with the latest routes. The device is compatible with Google Now and Siri, hence, you can use your voice to command and access music, messaging and calling from your smartphone. It gets you the best-suited routes as per your updated software. The screen size is 4.3 inches to help you see and read the navigation signs easily.
- Magellan TR5 Street and GPS Navigator. Find your way with this 5 inches of a color touchscreen GPS device. It is programmed to give you turn-by-turn assistance during trail riding and street navigation. There are more than 115000 trails preloaded for trail riding across fifty US states. It has multiple street maps and detailed topo for Canada as well. The software updates are provided for a lifetime without any price. Plus, you get free maps by getting the updates through a wireless network. The resolution quality is high, which makes the user experience top-notch. You get clear directions and information related to time and miles.
- Trail Tech 922-125 Route Tracker. This device is a powerhouse of GPS features with topography, color maps, track support, hill shading, waypoints, and routes. All these features help you plan your trail and you can even record your trail in this device. The device lets you see the speed of your motorcycle, distance, temperature, voltage, and elevation. There is a Buddy Tracking feature that connects up to twenty members with Bluetooth-enabled intercom and real-time map. The touchscreen display is 4 inches in size and it is glove-friendly as well. The screen restricts the negative impacts of sunlight, water, and dust.
- Garmin Montana 610. There are about 250,000 worldwide geocaches preloaded on this device. The bird-eye view from the satellite is provided in the real-time. You get a bright TFT display with touchscreen and dual-orientation. The screen automatically adjusts with the sunlight. The GPS system quickly locates and maintains the coverage of your trail. You can navigate through various routes, waypoints and organize your track effortlessly. The touchscreen is glove-friendly, so you won’t have to remove your gloves every time you want to use the device. All these features prove its ability as the best GPS for motorcycle trail riding.
- Trail Tech 922-119 Voyager Pro GPS Route Tracker. This model from Trail Tech has been specially designed for Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM and other off-road motorcycles. The device has impressive features such as topography, track record, waypoints, routes, and colorful maps. The entire trail planning and recording take no time at all with this device. When riding, it shows your geographical elevation, distance, speed, voltage, and temperature. You can connect with your riding buddies for safe and controlled navigation. The durability of this device is perfect for riders due to its TFT display that protects against water and dust intrusion.
The fact of the matter is that your mobile device will not always be reliable in these situations. If you’re out on a trail in the middle of nowhere, now signal detected, no way to use your GPS, that can spell trouble. We are all about safety here at Club ManDude, so we took that into careful consideration before compiling our list. This is a piece of technology that will help to keep you safe so that you don’t get lost out there in the wilderness. These GPS navigation systems are amazing. With thousands of trails preloaded across fifty states or picking just a navigational powerhouse, you are going to have your bases covered. Because, when that sad moment comes where the ride has to end, you will obviously want to be able to get back and get home with zero issues.
Okay fellas, when you are choosing a GPS for your motorcycle make sure that it has the following features:
- Real-time satellite
- High-quality display
- Voice command
If you choose one of our reviewed GPS’s above, you can bet your bottom dollar that it’ll get the job done. If you’d like to do more research, just make sure that the GPS you’re considering has the above features and you’ll have a GPS that can keep you on track!
And now for some final thoughts…
Knowing full well that purchasing the right navigation system for our motorcycle riding guys is an important factor, we made sure to find the best of the best. Because that’s what we deserve. Right, guys? The best technology, the best toys, the best everything. We want it. So, we made sure to tickle your fancy with these options. See for yourself! If you don’t think our list of reviews gives you enough details, no sweat. Each one has a link that will propel you right over to Amazon to take a closer look. Go ahead and check the price tags, see when you’ll get your new toy, and most importantly, see what others are saying. Want to see what other people are saying about these bad boys? Nothing helps the buying process quite like seeing all the reviews from people who tried it first. Get meticulous! We welcome it. And just in case you decide that there is a better option out there that’s not on our list, that’s okay, too. We would actually love to know about. We always want to keep our lists updated for our loyal readers, so if we’re missing a product that would be great for our list, then tell us about it. Having our readers follow, reach out, contact us with new and exciting products is always a win. So, be safe and happy riding out there. We know that you will find the best navigation system for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Do I need a GPS for my motorcycle?
A) A GPS is a must-have gadget for motorcycle riders. It makes a lot of things easier for you. The GPS will always show you your exact location, and you can ride into unknown roads and trails without having to worry about losing your way.
Q) How GPS helps in trail riding?
A) Modern GPS gadgets come with highly interactive features that allow you to plan your route easily. You can set your destination, and your trail route will be stored in the system. You will also get timely directions about your route, so losing your way is not a worry when you have GPS.
Q) Is a GPS easy to use while riding?
A) Modern GPS comes with a wide range of user-friendly features that allow you to it easily while riding. The inbuilt Wi-Fi will automatically update maps and routes, and the bright and colorful display will provide accurate information. With the interactive touch screen facility accessing the features is also highly convenient.