Looking for the Best Beer Brewing Kit For Preppers? Let’s Get After It…
It would be fun to brew your own beer at home, especially for the weekends or ahead of the holiday season. Of course, it all starts with selecting a beer brewing kit. It is also important that you know the logic and science as to how beer is brewed, so as to get the process right. Thankfully, there are quite a few options, so finding the best beer brewing kit for preppers is not complicated. We have a guide below that will just simplify all the basic aspects, along with kits that you can consider.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five kits
- Beer IPA Edition 2 Gallon Homebrewing Craft Beer Making Kit. If you have no clue as for how to make beer in the first place, Mr. Beer brings this kit that has all you need to get started with step-by-step instructions. This is one of the known brands for kits, and with Hopped Malt Extracts, you can reduce the risk of contamination. The set comes with a 2-gallon well-designed fermenter, which is designed for easing the process of brewing. Even the bottles are included in the set.
- Brooklyn Brew Shop Afternoon Wheat Beer Making Kit. This is a set from Brooklyn Brew Shop, which comes with a reusable glass fermenter, necessary brew equipment such as yeast, hops and malted barley, for easy brewing at home. Their all-grain kits are made in the US, and this set includes a vinyl tubing, racking cane & tip,glass spirit-filled thermometer, chambered airlock, cleanser, screw-cap stopper along with the fermenter. Please note that this kit does not include bottles and strainer. With this kit, you will be able to make around nine to 10 of 12-oz bottles of beer with an alcohol strength of 5%.
- Kitchentoolz’s Complete Kombucha Starter Kit. If you are looking for a kombucha kit, this one from kitchentoolz has the necessary things. The set includes organic sugar, cotton cheesecloth,elastic band, ph test strips,1 SCOBY, tea, gallon glass jar and lid, temperature gauge along with the necessary instructions. For those who already have the setup, this one is a complete steal by all means. The glass jar that comes with this one is reusable. The color of each Scoby is different because of natural materials.
- Northern Brewer HomeBrewing Starter Set. This is one of the best-rated starter kits that come from Northern Brewer and has the necessary instructions for you to get started. You can get five gallons of finished beer with this set alone, and the set has all the necessary inclusions. The kit includes 6.5-gallon fermentor w/ lid & Bubbler airlock, along with 5 Gallon Stainless Brew Kettle, Bottling Bucket w/Spigot assembly,21” Stainless Spoon Auto Siphon, Fermenter’s Favorites Bottle filler, and 5 ft. Siphon Tubing, Cleaner/Sanitizer.
- Otis Classic Swing Top Glass Bottles. Since many of the starter kits don’t include the bottles, we have included this set of bottles by Otis Classic. There are six clear bottles in the kit, with chalkboard labels and pen. This set can be used as beer or kombucha bottles, and you get 18 chalkboard labels along with a liquid chalk pen. Swing top caps are made of 204 Stainless steel with a plastic cap,and you also get 6 replacement medium pressure gaskets.
How to choose the best beer brewing kit for preppers?
First and foremost, always read how to use home brewing kits before you actually venture into the process. It is also important to check what’s included in the kit, and as we mentioned earlier, bottles are not always included, so you may want to get a few extra ones. Not all kits are the same in terms of inclusions, so check what’s included, and always go for an option that has the necessary step by step instructions. You should be able to use the kit to make beer effectively and without the risk of contamination. It is also wise to go for a known brand that doesn’t compromise on the brewing materials. The kit should be reusable at the same time so that you can keep making the perfect brew at home. Lastly, do consider the number of gallons you can make with one kit.
Check online for product reviews and more.