Sometimes heat and vehicles don’t mix. That wave of heat that hits you in the face when you first sit on your car, burning your arm on the seatbelt, or maybe even scorching your legs and back if you have leather seats, but it’s not just the inside of your vehicle that suffers, it’s the outside too.
One thing in particular that heat can mess up are your tires. Being that your tires are exposed to the brutal heat that comes from the concrete and from the sun directly, can cause them to have external and internal damage. The easiest way to avoid this happening is to make sure you have some tires that can handle heat. This guide will breakdown the best tires for hot climates.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
1. Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire-ST215/75R14. Make your vehicle ready for all conditions, including high temperature climate and frictional heat. This tire model offers improved heat resistance and greater tread wear safety. The durability empowers the performance of your vehicle, even in hot climates. You can trust the radial design to safeguard the internal tire elements. Hence, all the internally located elements stay cool, which allows you to have a stable drive. The stability also improves the efficiency of your vehicle and the lifespan of the tires. So, you can leverage these tires for thousands of miles without worrying about tread wear issues.
2. Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Season Radial Tire. This tire model from Cooper contains a full-fledged 3-ply carcass material construction to enhance the capabilities of the sidewall and tread. The use of 3-ply in the place of 2-ply provides improved safety from damaging impacts. There are tread ribs located inside the tire in a hybrid design of 3-2 pattern. This design reduces noise and provides superior handling and stability. The surface offers mud traction, soft trail, reduced vehicle drift and more. You can feel comfortable in all climate conditions due to the flex groove offered in this design.
3. Federal Couragia M/T All-Season Radial Tire. These ultimate off-road tires have marvelous engineering that makes them the best tires for hot climates. At the same time, they offer incredible traction, grip, and durability to enhance the experience of riding your vehicle. The material used in the sidewall and tread restricts excess heating. Plus, the tread patterns are capable of evacuating foreign items easily to help you continue your drive without any interruption. If you have a light truck, lifted truck, or any other heavy-duty car, you can choose this all-season tire design.
4. BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 Radial Tire. With a unique G-Force tread pattern, this tire design maximizes stability and cornering power. No matter what the climate conditions are, the construction allows the tires to stay cool. It has shallow racing-style shoulder blocks to enhance grip. Plus, the center has solid rib to keep the tires in a straight line, even at high speeds. The shoulder groove is offset to maximize the level of contact between the road and tread. All these features and material quality allow these tires to support in hot climate conditions. And, you can expect better durability from your tires and higher mileage from your vehicle.
5. Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 Summer Radial Tire. This radial tire design has every detailing in construction to provide summer protection. The tread patterns and sidewall construction safeguard the internal elements of the tire to keep them cool. This allows your vehicle to have a stable drive at high speeds and hot climate conditions. The middle rib of the tread further enhances the stability of these tires. The rim size is 18 inches and the load index is 100. The tire has a speed rating “Y”, while the aspect ratio is 40.
There you have it! Some of the best tires available specifically for hot climates. When you are searching for tires, there are a few specifications you should look for, but when you are looking for SUV tires that can handle heat specifically, you’ll want to keep an eye out for some attributes in particular and they are, durability, flex groove, excess heat restriction and construction.
All of the tires reviewed in this guide all have those qualities and from these options you can be sure that you’ll have tires that can stand up to highest of climates!