Smoked barbeque food is a hot favorite these days, and there is no denying that slow cooking does take the taste of otherwise-regular meats to the next level. That said, smokers, especially the ones for home use, are not very expensive, which is a big plus when you want to get one for your home. In case you are wondering what the best smoker for home use is, we have a simple guide below for your help.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker
Reviewing the best smokers for home use
Keep in mind that you don’t need a complicated setup for home, but yes, it is necessary to buy a smoker that can be used outdoors, in the lawn or garden. We have reviewed five different smokers that you can consider for different needs, and the pricing is pretty varied, so select what fits your budget.
- Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window. Masterbuilt never really goes wrong with small smokers, and this one with730 square-inches of cooking space is perfect for most homes. You get four 4 chrome-coated racks, with an LED display for temperatures and settings and a remote for controlling temperature and cooking settings. The window makes it easy to peep through!
- Cuisinart COS-116 16″ Vertical Charcoal Smoker. Cuisinart has propane, wood pellets, and an electric variant of the same product for those interested, but this one is charcoal-fueled. You get two stainless steel racks and the entire cooking space measures 402 square inches. This is a vertical smoker, which comes with a porcelain-enameled water bowl, making this a portable choice.
- Z Grills ZPG-7002 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker. If you don’t mind spending more on a home smoker, we recommend that you consider this 8-in1 product. It allows you to smoke, grill, bake, roast, braise, BBQ, sear – all at once. It comes with a new upgrade digital control and doesn’t require consistent monitoring. The rack surface measures 700 square inches, which is pretty decent and you get a 3-year warranty too.
- Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill. Char-Broil is a brand you can trust for smokers, and this one is a budget choice for home use. It uses TRU-Infrared technology for even cooking, and you can smoke, roast and grill with this product. The cooking area, which measures 180 square inches, is enough for home use.
- Camp Chef SmokePro DLX 24 Wood Pellet Grill Smoker. If you want a pellet-fueled smoker for your home, Camp Chef has some great options. This one comes with an ash cleanout system, with Dual LED temperature readout, and the cooking area measures 570 square inches. Get yourself a good grill thermometer to make those amazing steaks.
Things you need to consider
As you can guess, smokers come in all shapes and sizes and with diverse features, but below is a basic overview of the things you need to focus on.
- Charcoal and wood smokers are traditional choices, but if you are buying one for home, electric ones are not bad either. Pellet smokers are a mix of the electric smoker and traditional smokers, so it’s powered by electricity, but uses wood pellets for smoking. You can also consider propane smokers that are super easy to use.
- A product that roast, grill and smoke at the very least should be your first preference, especially because you can get away with having another product. Next, check if you get control features and how easy it is to keep a tab on the food being cooked. Not all smokers come with a window, which is a matter of preference.
- Sizing and price. The price of smokers can start for as low as $100 to go high to $5000 and more. Set a budget for sure, but don’t settle for the cheapest or the most expensive item. Make sure that you consider the size because mostly, people use smokers when they have guests at home.
Finally, don’t forget to check the brand and warranty on the product. Some of the brands we have mentioned are not only great in terms of build quality and product variation, but you also get a warranty on the product. Consider a smoker like an investment for your home, and it will make your parties and events better.