Looks like you need the best screwdriver bits for impact drivers. Let’s get after it…
More often than not, buyers are often confused if they should get an impact driver or a cordless drill. As a general rule of thumb, if you are dealing with just brittle materials like plastic and drywall, a cordless drill should suffice, while for extensive projects and for using long fasteners, an impact driver is more useful. What is also confusing is the choice of the best screwdriver bits for the impact driver. In this post, we are talking about the aspects that matter the most.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five products
Before we discuss more on how you can select a product, here are the sets of screwdriver bits that we liked, both in terms of quality and professional use.
- DEWALT DWA2T40IR IMPACT READY FlexTorq Screw Driving Set. This is a 40-piece set from Dewalt – a brand that’s highly known for making great bits. The bits are designed to reduce wobbles. It also features 10x magnetic screw lock, and with FlexTorq, the bits can flex to about 15 degrees. Designed for heavy jobsite duties, this is a set that offers the exact level of precision and power you need for daily jobs. Dewalt never compromises on its collections, and this set comes in a handy box. For sizing details, check the product page.
- Milwaukee Electric Tool 48-32-4006 Shockwave Bit Set. Milwaukee is another brand that specializes in drill bits within a budget, and this set contains 40 pieces, which are designed from proprietary steel and further heat treated, which ensures maximum strength and durability. With forged tips, the bits offer great grip, although we would have liked if the set would come in a sturdy case. Nevertheless, for the price, this is a steal.
- Makita A-98348 50 Pc Impactx Driver Bit Set. If you are looking for a comprehensive drill bit set, this one from Makita comes with 50 bits, which have precision machined tips. Bits are made of S2 steel construction, ideal for performance when used with impact drivers. Also, each bit has been further exposed to a heat-treating process, while corrosion resistance is ensured with manganese phosphate surface. Overall, this a great set for anyone who wants to invest in drill bits for professional use.
- Bosch 32 Piece Impact Tough Screwdriving Bit Set. Bosch is one brand that always stands on quality of drills and bits, and this is a 32-piece budget set that has been designed for impact drivers. What the brand calls Xtended Torsion Zone; these bits are designed to handle the force and power of impact drivers. With engineered tips and heat treatment, the bits are meant to last and also have laser markings that ensure that the bits are readable for easy working.
- IRWIN Tools 33-Piece Impact Series Fastener Driver Bit Set. This set from Irwin Tools is designed for maximum durability with impact drivers in particular. The bots are made of cold forged, high-grade steel, with a black oxide finish that resists corrosion. The set also includes a compact case that’s designed for easy organization. If brand value and quality matters to you, this set an ideal investment.
- DEWALT DWA2NGFT40IR FlexTorq Impact Driver Bit Set – This is a 40-piece bit set by DEWALT – one of the prominent brands you can find online. It comes with a connectable accessory storage system designed to optimize the storage space. The bit-bar design is such that you can easily remove the bits and place them according to your convenience. As the case comes with a clear lid, you do not have to hunt for bits while working on a project. Organizing bits becomes easy and effortless with this product. Available in under $31, this impact driver bit set would make a worthwhile purchase.
What to look in screwdriver bits for impact driver?
When it comes to buying screwdriver bits, the basic dos and don’ts remain the same. Here’s a list of the things that need attention.
- The purpose. Not all screwdriver bits are designed for impact drivers, so keep that in mind. Find a set that fits the needs and can work with the power that impact driver’s offer.
- The brand. Eventually, screwdriver bits from a known brand are meant to last, and you can expect to get a standard warranty on the product.
- Construction and material. The best bits have S2 steel construction, or forged steel, which is further heat treated. Keep in mind that the bits need to be strong enough, so as to handle the force of impact drivers.
Finally, make sure that you read the reviews and check the size and type of bits included in the set. That’s the best way to ensure that the screwdriver bits for impact driver will last while you take up big projects and DIY work. A good set of screwdriver bits from a known brand is meant to last forever.
Power tools, we love them so much. They truly just make the job so much easier, and having the right bits is going to make the job easier as well. Not only will you be able to set yourself up right a great impact driver, when you couple it with some amazing drill bits you will not be stopped until the job is done. And finding the right kit of bits does not have to be a huge challenge. You will not have to get frustrated because there are just so many options out there to choose from. A lot of the time there are thousands of other options out there! Well, that is what Club ManDude is here for, to make your life easier. We love to simply narrow down the options to a handful of the best of the best out there so we can bring them to you and you can make a much easier choice when it comes to great drill bits. Thankfully when it comes to power tools, it can be a lot simpler to narrow the options down due to the fact that there are some amazing, well-known brands out there that are going to be great to choose from, no matter which one you happen to pick.
When you take a look at the options we have, you will notice that we have options from some of the best brands in the game. It makes perfect sense that our number one choice is from Milwaukee and we have an amazing option from DeWalt, as well, because they are two of the best options money can buy when it comes to power tools and the accessories that belong with them. We’ve even got options from Irwin, Bosch, and Makita! All power tool manufacturers that do a great job and millions of people depend on their products. So, no matter which of these options you happen to go with, every one of them is a dependable option that will leave you satisfied no matter what. And hey, if there is an even better option out there, let us know! We always want to make sure we’re staying on top of all the best stuff out there, so if we missed something awesome we definitely want to know about it.
Take a look at the price tags of these bad boys, you will find we did a great job of finding options with comparable prices. Getting yourself a new, excellent drill bit kit with plenty of drill bits does not have to break the bank. You can find great, affordable options that will leave you more than pleased in the end. So take a look at the prices and find the one that is right for you! All we want at the end of the day is for you to be able to find yourself a new drill bit kit that has everything you’re going to need for your next project. We absolutely understand how important it is to be able to grab your kit of drill bits and easily be able to grab the right one from the case, making the job so much easier. Just make sure to stick those puppies back in the case where they belong every time. The last thing we want is for you to lose one of the bits from your new kit, but have an awesome time jumping into that next project of yours. We’re psyched for you!
And just in case you want some more information before you buy, we have got you covered. The great thing about living in the age of the internet is being able to check out very honest reviews of a plethora of different products out there before you buy. And nobody is more honest than a consumer on the internet reviewing a product that they bought and tried for the first time, whether that review is good or bad. The great news is, Club ManDude is always making sure to find options that have tons of positive reviews. So if you head over to Amazon to take a look at what other guys are saying about these drill bit kits, you’re going to find plenty of things that they love about them. You may even find some specific details that help you in the buying process, which is something we truly love. Get the right kit for all the right reasons! That is what we want at Club ManDude, to help set you up for success.
There are so many power tool options out there, it can be really daunting to try and figure out which are going to be best. Even when it’s outside the realm of actual power tools and we start getting into attachments and accessories. But with a little help from Club ManDude, we know you’re going to make the best choice that suits your needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Do I need special screwdriver bits for an impact driver?
A) An impact driver is a great tool that allows you to drive screws into metal studs, wooden posts, and wall blocks. However, for best performance, you must also get top-quality 1/4-inch hex bits that you can buy online easily for a reliable store like Amazon.
Q) Can I use any screwdriver bit with an impact driver?
A) All screwdriver bits are not compatible with an impact driver. That’s why you need to find special 1/4-inch hex bits that are compatible with your impact driver. You can always buy additional screwdriver-bits set, which consists of several different bits for a wide range of applications.
Q) What kind of screwdriver bits are strong enough for an impact driver?
A) Impact drivers are powerful machines with a strong impact force to drive the screw on tough surfaces. So you must make sure that you buy only heat-treated S2 steel or forged steel bits that can withstand the force from an impact driver.