More often than not, buyers are often confused if they should get an impact driver or a cordless drill. As a general rule of thumb, if you are dealing with just brittle materials like plastic and drywall, a cordless drill should suffice, while for extensive projects and for using long fasteners, an impact driver is more useful. What is also confusing is the choice of the best screwdriver bits for the impact driver. In this post, we are talking about the aspects that matter the most.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five products
Before we discuss more on how you can select a product, here are the sets of screwdriver bits that we liked, both in terms of quality and professional use.
- DEWALT DWA2T40IR IMPACT READY FlexTorq Screw Driving Set. This is a 40-piece set from Dewalt – a brand that’s highly known for making great bits. The bits are designed to reduce wobbles. It also features 10x magnetic screw lock, and with FlexTorq, the bits can flex to about 15 degrees. Designed for heavy jobsite duties, this is a set that offers the exact level of precision and power you need for daily jobs. Dewalt never compromises on its collections, and this set comes in a handy box. For sizing details, check the product page.
- Milwaukee Electric Tool 48-32-4006 Shockwave Bit Set. Milwaukee is another brand that specializes in drill bits within a budget, and this set contains 40 pieces, which are designed from proprietary steel and further heat treated, which ensures maximum strength and durability. With forged tips, the bits offer great grip, although we would have liked if the set would come in a sturdy case. Nevertheless, for the price, this is a steal.
- Makita A-98348 50 Pc Impactx Driver Bit Set. If you are looking for a comprehensive drill bit set, this one from Makita comes with 50 bits, which have precision machined tips. Bits are made of S2 steel construction, ideal for performance when used with impact drivers. Also, each bit has been further exposed to a heat-treating process, while corrosion resistance is ensured with manganese phosphate surface. Overall, this a great set for anyone who wants to invest in drill bits for professional use.
- Bosch 32 Piece Impact Tough Screwdriving Bit Set. Bosch is one brand that always stands on quality of drills and bits, and this is a 32-piece budget set that has been designed for impact drivers. What the brand calls Xtended Torsion Zone; these bits are designed to handle the force and power of impact drivers. With engineered tips and heat treatment, the bits are meant to last and also have laser markings that ensure that the bits are readable for easy working.
- IRWIN Tools 33-Piece Impact Series Fastener Driver Bit Set. This set from Irwin Tools is designed for maximum durability with impact drivers in particular. The bots are made of cold forged, high-grade steel, with a black oxide finish that resists corrosion. The set also includes a compact case that’s designed for easy organization. If brand value and quality matters to you, this set an ideal investment.
What to look in screwdriver bits for impact driver?
When it comes to buying screwdriver bits, the basic dos and don’ts remain the same. Here’s a list of the things that need attention.
- The purpose. Not all screwdriver bits are designed for impact drivers, so keep that in mind. Find a set that fits the needs and can work with the power that impact driver’s offer.
- The brand. Eventually, screwdriver bits from a known brand are meant to last, and you can expect to get a standard warranty on the product.
- Construction and material. The best bits have S2 steel construction, or forged steel, which is further heat treated. Keep in mind that the bits need to be strong enough, so as to handle the force of impact drivers.
Finally, make sure that you read the reviews and check the size and type of bits included in the set. That’s the best way to ensure that the screwdriver bits for impact driver will last while you take up big projects and DIY work. A good set of screwdriver bits from a known brand is meant to last forever.