Looking for the Best Oil Filter Wrench for Tight Spaces? Let’s Get After It…
The oil filter might seem like a small part of your car, but it goes without saying that it’s an incredible part that ensures that the engine runs at its optimum. When it comes to handling oil filters, you need the correct tool, which is basically an oil filter wrench. If you are looking for the best oil filter wrench for tight spaces, we have a few tips that may come in handy.
In a hurry? Here’s our top Motivx Tools 90mm 15 Flute Oil Filter Wrench pick!
It is a super-popular Motivx Tools 90mm 15 Flute Oil Filter Wrench which is easy to use and has amazing results. Find out why on Amazon right now!
Reviewing the top five choices
Before we discuss selecting an oil filter wrench, let’s first review five products that we liked.
- Motivx Tools 90mm 15 Flute Oil Filter Wrench. If you own a Land Rover or Jaguar, this one wrench is enough for fitting 3.0L & 5.0L Gas Engines that use cartridge style oil filter system. Please note that this wrench is not for traditional canister filters. Motivx Tools makes their products in Taiwan and the brand is known for quality wrenches that are meant to last. Most products, including this one, are backed by a 1-year warranty. The wrench is made from 6061 T5 aluminum, so rest assured of quality, while the matte chrome finish avoids corrosion.
- ABN BMW and Volvo Compatible Oil Filter Wrench. This Oil Filter Wrench 86mm from ABN is designed to suit cartridge style oil filter system and works for all BMW and Volvo models that usually have 86mm oil filter cap. While being in the budget, this product comes from T5 aluminum, which increases both durability and strength, while the chrome finish prevents rusting and corrosion.
- Ibetter 32mm 6-Point Socket, Oil Filter Wrench. This product from Ibetter works for most car brands, including GM, Volkswagen, Pontiac Chevrolet and Saab that have 32mm oil filter caps. The wrench is made of chrome vanadium steel, which ensures that the product lasts a lifetime, which the matte chrome finish prevents rusting and corrosion. This is also one of the few companies for automotive tools that offer a 100% money back guarantee.
- DIFEN Universal Oil Change Filter Cap Wrench Cup Socket Tool Set. People who own more than one car often like to get a set of oil filter wrenches, and this one is a 23-piece set, which works like a kit for universal use. The wrenches are made of heat-treated steel, which ensures durability, while the Black oxide finish is rust resistant. The package includes a plastic mold carry case and comes with a one-year warranty. If you think of automotive tools as an investment, this is the one to go for.
- XtremepowerUS Universal 10pcs Oil Change Filter Cap Wrench Cup Socket Tool Set. This is also a wrench set, coming from XtremepowerUS, which works for as much as 95% of automotive applications. The measurements can be found on the product page, and you get the set in a plastic case, so traveling with this one is really easy.
How to choose the best oil filter wrench for tight spaces?
Typically, most oil filter wrenches are designed to fit into tight spaces, but we recommend some of the basic aspects like –
- Consider the size of the oil filter, as well as, where it is located before you select an oil filter wrench. Some wrenches are designed specifically for certain models and brands of vehicles.
- It’s very unlikely that you will replace the oil filter wrench anytime soon, even if you sell off the car. As such, quality is something that needs attention, so that the wrench doesn’t break with slight pressure.
- The hold on the oil filter wrench is important, especially when space is limited. You should be able to work on the oil filter, no matter how complicated its location.
- Universal fit. While oil filter wrenches have their limitations when it comes to applications, it makes sense to select a wrench that is meant for use on diverse vehicles. This is also the precise reason why we have included kits in your list.
- Pricing and brand. Always buy automotive tools from a brand that you can rely on, and while the price is important, the best oil filter wrenches don’t come cheap, so keep that in mind.
Quality and size are two factors that should determine the choice of oil filter wrench for tighter spaces. Pay for a good brand, and you don’t have to bother about the wrench falling apart while you are working.