Guys, no one one wants to talk thin or thinning hair but it’s simply the reality for a lot of men. Since well, scientists started to try and tackle this problem, the number of products intended for men with this hair type has pretty much exploded on the market place. In this post, we’re going to help you navigate the marketplace and find the best product for you, but before that, let’s first understand what thin hair actually means. Thin and fine hair is often used interchangeably, but they don’t necessarily mean the same thing. Fine hair usually refers to the thickness of the strands, and a lot of products are created for this particular hair type. However, you can still have a full head of fine hair whereas thin hair can be more problematic and refers to the number of actual strands on your head. In light of that distinction, here’s some products we’ve tried out that are specifcially designed to provide more fullness to thin or thinning hair.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
The Top Five Products
- Gentlemen Republic Refined Molding Hair Gel. This particular product is great and designed specifically for men with thin or thinning hair. It is hudity resistant, so provides the added bonus of keeping your hair from frizzing out in the summer or in more humid climates. Formulated and manufactured in the U.S., this product is used in salons and offers 24-hour shine and hold while also making your hair look fuller. It doesn’t contain any alcohol and doesn’t flake.
- GlitZGlam LUXE Hair Thickening Fibers with Natural Keratin. So this product is a little different and not the typical man gel. In contract, this product from GlitZGlam contains fibers that provides serious volume to thin or thinning hair. Safe for the scalp, this product is gentle enough it can be applied after using Rogaine, if desired. For the best results it should be applied on dry and clean hair and is guarranteed to boost volume. Besides being resistant to wind & perspiration, this product also allows you to blow dry and style your hair as needed, to achieve your desired look.
- Thick Head HEADS UP Hair Styling Gel for Men with Thinning Hair. Thick Head devleoped this amazing hair styling gel that’s exclusively designed for those with both fine and thin hair. The product instantly creates a thicker, fuller-looking head of hair and reduces scalp DHT, which causes male pattern baldness. If you want to get that firm, flake-free hold for special events and parties, this is the product to go for, and yes, it doesn’t create that crunchy effect for your hair. With no sulfates, parabens and dyes, this is a safe product for the hair and scalp.
- AXE Clean Cut Look Classic Hair Pomade. This is a twin-pack of pomade that offers medium hold and a shine finish that is ideal for both short and medium-length hair. The product is great for boosting volume for thin and thinning hair and you don’t need a lot of it to get the look right. Axe is one of the better-known brands, and this purchase should last you quite a while, so you know, more bang for your buck.
- BOLDIFY Hair Thickening Spray. This product is great for dudes on the go, allowing you to achieve thicker hair in just 60 seconds and comes highly recommended by hair stylists. Just spray the product on damp hair and blow dry to achieve that extra volume. Technically, this product is not a gel, but it does offer a light hold that can last all day. The non-sticky and volumizing formula doesn’t cause buildup on your hair and scalp and offers a nice texture you can run your hands through. This product does not contain any harmful chemicals, alcohol, sulfates, and parabens.
How to choose the best men’s hair gel for thin hair?
- First and foremost, select products that emphasize volume. There are specific products that are designed for texture and volume and specifically formulated to help people with thin or thinning hair achieve a fuller look.
- The brand also makes a difference because you want something trusted and time tested that is going to acchieve a fuller look that lasts the day..and into the evening.
- Check the ingredients list in detail, and if possible, avoid all products that contain alcohol, sulfates, and parabens.
- With haircare products, you may want to check if the gel or pomade offers medium, strong, or light hold, to achieve your desired style in addition to the extra volume.
- East of use that works with your schedule. For those busy man dudes, you want a styling product that can be used on the go.
Well there you have it, the best gels and products for thin and thinning hair that will help you achieve a fuller look and style just the way you like it. Choosing a reputable brand, understanding your specific needs, and checking the ingredients of the product are all vital in the decision-making process. Check our some of these products and enjoy your fuller and thicker hair- preferably on a fancy boat somewhere with a cold beer in hand. Enjoy.