We live in an increasingly mobile world. In the United States, for example, 5% of workers do their jobs remotely. By 2025, that number could be at 50%. And it isn’t just work. With more time to dedicate to hobbies, people are constantly moving from place-to-place. Your technology has to be able to keep up with a mobile lifestyle. And while desktop computers have some amazing benefits for workers, students, and gamers, they are losing popularity in favor of their portable counterparts.
If you’re looking to move from your fixed set-up to one that allows you to work from the library, coffee shop, or the back of your van, consider one of the laptops on this list. We’ve made sure that these machines have the things you love about your desktop – the processing power, the storage, and beautiful displays. But they are also sleek and light, giving you the opportunity to move around – and to keep up with the rest of our mobile world.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop. When you replace your desktop with this laptop, it gives you extra freedom and flexibility. This Chromebook will allow top-level performance with Chrome OS, MediaTek MT8173C for processing and LDDR3 memory of 4GB. Plus, this powerful performance will come with a sleek design. You can use its 360-degree hinge to convert your laptop into a tablet whenever required. The device is only 2.6 lbs in weight and 1 inch in thickness, which makes it way better than having a desktop. You can use your fingers on the touchscreen for everyday computing. Plus, it has all the necessary connectivity options integrated.
- Asus FX504 Thin & Light TUF Gaming Laptop. If you use your desktop for gaming, replace it with this laptop. It is a thin and lightweight alternative to your desktop with excellent features for gaming. Most importantly, the body is durable, so you can carry it wherever you go and enjoy playing games. Along with that, the keyboard has backlit feature and tested keystroke performance. It operates on Intel Core of 8thgeneration i7-8750H processor and delivers gaming precision with GeForce GTX1050 Ti. So, you can choose this laptop for its portability, performance and durable body.
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop. Replacing your desktop with an Acer predator laptop would also be a wise choice. It will improve the level of display quality you get while working or playing games. This laptop has a widescreen supported with LED-backlit and a refresh rate of 144Hz. Plus, you get DDR4 RAM of 16GB for multitasking and 256GB of SSD memory for storage. Additionally, this laptop allows you to work at night with a backlit keyboard. If you work or play for a long time, it has AeroBlade fans to keep the device cool.
- HP-Pavilion 13-inch High Performance Laptop. If you want a laptop for college, this elegant design would suit your need. The white slim body with widescreen looks sophisticated. When used moderately, it can work for 11 hours straight with a single charge. Or, you can watch videos for more than 9 hours before recharging this device. It has 8GB RAM with 256GB of SSD memory to keep your files and documents saved. The display is supported by technologies like WLED-backlit, BrightView and full HD resolution. With that, you have the best laptop to replace desktop without compromising the performance or elegance.
- ASUS VivoBook WideView Laptop. This is another stylish option to replace your desktop with. Unlike your desktop, this laptop is light in weight and extremely slim. The screen works on WideView technology and creates a stunning viewing experience. You can enjoy multitasking with its 8GB RAM and organize your files with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD storage. Multiple USB ports, HDMI, and wireless connectivity choices are given to help you transfer data and establish networks. Moreover, the keyboard has chiclet keys with an advanced fingerprint sensor. So, you can type conveniently with minimal pressure. It operates on Intel i5-8250U core processor.
Remember when getting a new desktop was a big deal? Most households had only one, and they didn’t come with much more than solitaire and word processing software. Luckily, the world has moved on – and out of the house. There has never been a better time to replace that home desktop with a more portable laptop, and there are no better choices than the ones in this list.