Looking for the Best Laptop for Pentesting? Let’s Get After It…
If you’ve come across this guide, then you may just know what I mean when I say “pentesting”. But just in case this is new terminology for you, I’ll tell you what you can learn from a quick Google search. Pentesting is also known as penetration testing. It is a way to find weaknesses in the applications you use on your devices in order to ensure the utmost security in each of these apps. So if you’re doing any kind of security work you will want a heavy-duty laptop that holds up to the competition and provides exactly what you will need to complete the job without any hiccups. That’s why we made this fancy-shmancy guide for you that has all of the best laptops to help you fight off application weaknesses. Upon reading you may become the superhero of computers: Computer Man or Cyber Woman, if you will. So, go ahead and check out the guide! With the various options we have reviewed, you are sure to find a machine that is suitable for your needs.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Microsoft Surface Laptop DAJ-00041 Intel Core i7. The power and reliability required for pentesting are available in the Microsoft Surface laptop. It runs on Intel Core 7thgeneration i7 processor. Plus, there is 8GB RAM to enable fast processing of programs without any time lag. You also get 256GB memory for storage. The external body is sleek with aluminum casing, trackpad, and natural typing experience. The shape is ultra-thin and lightweight. It also has all the best applications of Microsoft to enhance user experience.
- HP 15 HD Touchscreen Laptop AMD A9-9425. HP 15 is known for AMD A9-9425 processor and HD touchscreen. The screen supports 10-finger touch and contains an integrated Radeon AMD R5 graphics. You can choose to connect via Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11AC Wi-Fi. There is also a combination of ports to help you transfer files conveniently. The operating system is Windows 10, which supports all your needs. You can rely on its 8GB RAM and 256GB storage memory.
- Acer Aspire 7 Laptop Intel 6-Core i7-8750H. Empower your work with a 6-core processor of type Intel i7-8750H, having 8thgeneration technology. So, you get a massive boost frequency of 4.1 GHz. Along with that, there is 2400MHz memory of 8GB to run all desired programs at a fast speed. You can save important files and documents in the 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD storage options. The keyboard has backlit feature and a fingerprint reader to keep your work secure and comfortable.
- Asus FX504 Laptop Intel Core i7-8750H. Pick this laptop for speed, portability, and durable design. You can take this device anywhere you go. It has a thin 0.98-inch profile and weighs just 5.07lbs. You won’t have to worry about durability with durable keyboard, anti-dust dual fans, and a sturdy body. The device operates on Intel Core 8thgeneration i7-8750H processor and delivers superior multitasking ability, which is why many seekers choose this as their best laptop for pentesting.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Intel Core i7. This is the newest version of Microsoft laptop that operates on Intel i7 Core processor. Hence, it is known for its performance and improved speed. The battery works all day long. Plus, the device impresses with its elegant and clean design. It weighs only 2.76 pounds, so you can carry it to your work or any other place. The screen is interactive with touch feature and sharp resolution. So, it has the style and performance combined together, which is admired by thousands of users.
Your computer is a fortress, solid and impenetrable. That is, as long as it’s pentesting powers are adequate and you have chosen a machine that holds up to possible intrusions. There are tons of hackers out there, and dependent on the sensitivity of your content you will want all the protection you can achieve. Run those pentests! See where the weaknesses are in that digital armor. With the laptops that we have reviewed and laid-out for you below, you will have the perfect protection that will keep out every intruder that ever tries to make a move into your files.
Many of us guys work in the cyber world where people spend a lot of time honing their skills to intrude into the files of innocent people just trying to do their job. With pentesting, we can eliminate all of those concerns. The best computers in pentesting will constantly evolve and update to keep its skills sharp, thus keeping out anyone that thinks they’re smart enough to hack into your system. Trust me, with all the excellent, high-end work you’re doing, why not do everything you can to make sure every keystroke you type is going to be protected?
And there you have it! You now have all the tools that you will ever need to be the strongest pentester in the freakin’ world. You have no kryptonite; the world is your oyster. In a world where not everybody (unfortunately) can be trusted, there is a lot to be said in the line of protection. Especially when it comes to cyber security and making sure everything you file in your computer is safe. By using a machine that will test your own security by finding any chinks in the armor, hackers breaking into your files will be the least of your worries. Choose a computer that will constantly pentest to make sure your top of the line machine is always going to fight against any intruders. It can be war out there in the world of the internet!
The more sensitive the information is on your computer and in your cloud, the better strongholds you will want to have in place to ensure everything is “for your eyes only”. And if you are new to pentesting, but you know that your brand-new computer is going to need those capabilities, there are five stages to know when going through the process.
First, you will go through the planning process and define what goals need to be achieved. Second, your machine will go through the scanning process to determine exactly where those loose ends are. Then, your computer will stage attacks on the weak points throughout your system. Next, those intrusions will serve to maintain the access they have gained. Is there a way for them to stay in place with longevity? We hope not! Lastly, analysis and a new configuration is put into place so that the test can be run again, further narrowing down any issues. It’s a great system that serves quite the effective purpose.
Final Thought, Gents…
Now that you’re all read up on the process of pentesting and the machines that best accomplish it, go ahead and pick the one that’s right for you! Each reviewed product has its own perks and goodies that you will absolutely enjoy. So, if you’re going to laptop that’s the best at pentesting, why not include a few other added benefits as well? After all, it’s the place where you get your work done. Pick the computer you want the most! You can thank us later.