Looking for the Best Helmet for ATV Trail Riding. Let’s Get After It…
When you’re riding your ATV, anything can happen. For many riders, that’s a big part of the excitement. But no matter your riding style, safety is the most important consideration. After all, most ATV enthusiasts have taken at least a small tumble from their vehicle. And whether you get a bump on the head from a low passing branch or find yourself in a more dangerous situation, the right helmet can literally keep you alive.
This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice comfort or style. No matter your age or experience level, there’s a helmet that has exactly what you need to look sharp and keep your noggin safe from harm. Whether you’re riding through the woods or across an open field, you have to expect the unexpected. So we’ve put together a list of the best helmets for trail riding on your ATV. Our suggestions cover the youngest riders all the way up to the most experienced, so you can be sure that you’re protected.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- XFMT Youth Kids Motocross Offroad Street Dirt Bike Helmet. You get this helmet in multiple sizes to choose from, along with matching goggles and a pair of gloves. The finishing of UV protective shield protects the quality of the helmet and makes you feel comfortable during trail riding. The interior is exceptionally comfortable with heavy cushioning and proper ventilation. These features make trail riding more convenient and enjoyable for you. You get a bag to keep your helmet protected and the pattern design is available in multiple color options such as green, blue, red, white, and black.
- O’Neal Unisex-Adult Full-face Style Sierra II Helmet Flat Black. This one is a unisex model created for adult ATV riders. The black ABS shell construction offers the style and strength you desire. Plus, the weight of this helmet is 3.5 pounds only. The interior construction has moisture wicking property to keep you dry all the time. The liner allows proper air ventilation and it is removable as well. So, you can take out the liner and wash separately. The helmet has the face shield integrated for complete protection. Also, there is a chinstrap with thick padding and double-d style of safety lock.
- NENKI Full Face Motocross & Motorcycle Helmet. This DOT approved helmet provides full-face protection with features such as comfortable interior, lightweight design, cheek pads, and removable liner. The helmet is suitable for trail riding as well as street explorations as well. The Red Visor of Iridium stays attached to the clear visor. The design looks sleek with black and yellow color patterns. However, you can find different other color combinations in the same design. This is the perfect helmet to feel comfortable and keep your head, face and chin protected while riding your ATV.
- Typhoon ATV MX Helmet. You can get this helmet in a combo pack of goggles and gloves. The helmet is DOT standard certified, so you can feel assured about the quality and durability. Plus, the internal liner is removable, so you can take it out, wash and install back in. The combination of a helmet with gloves and goggles brings the price to an affordable level. There are different size ranges, so you can easily pick the best-suited circumference of this helmet model. The red pattern on the black helmet gives it a stylish appeal that matches your ATV rider image.
- X4 ATV Motocross Dirt Bike Mountain Bike Helmet. Many riders consider it the best helmet for atv trail riding. Whether you want to cover a mud trail, loose dirt trail, mountain trail or any other kind, this helmet is a reliable choice. The internal liner creates proper ventilation for breathing space. The liner is removable, which allows you to wash it conveniently. The shell is made from lightweight polycarbonate to provide the necessary strength without making the helmet too heavy. X4 offers its combination of a helmet with matching gloves and goggles. The size options are available to get the right fit.
So, we hope that one of our options (or more) has piqued your interest. These bad boys look great and feel great. Not one of these manufacturers sacrificed style or comfort for the sake of safety. That’s what we want, products that fire on all cylinders so you never have to concern yourself with a product not hitting all the important aspects. As we mentioned, safety is key. We want you to have tons of fun out there riding, guys. We get it, we’re dudes, too. The adrenaline rush of getting out there on an ATV is one of a kind. Therefore, doing our best to help keep you safe is something we will always focus on. Especially when it comes to protective gear. Be sure to find you a helmet that is perfect for you. Plus, if you ride with one your kids, you can help keep them protected with one of these choices, too. We’d be thoroughly surprised if your young ones didn’t love these helmets, too.
And now for a few final words on the subject.
There may be no other single item as important for ATV riders as a good helmet. Not only is it a big part of that classic rider look, it’s the best security blanket your head can ask for. A ride on your vehicle is many things, but it’s rarely predictable. In fact, that might be the reason you’re in love with your ATV. But you don’t have to give up safety for fun. There are plenty of options for helmets that look sleek and keep your skull in one piece. We’ve narrowed our list down to the best of those choices. Always keep yourself protected while you’re out there, your head will thank you.
Now, we want all of our loyal guy readers to be as informed as possible. When it comes to safety equipment, that desire is elevated even more. So, if you don’t think we provided enough of the nitty-gritty details that can help influence your decision, we got you. Every one of these helmets includes a link that you can click, which will shoot you right over to Amazon. There you can see all the additional details you can handle. Every specification is available for you to check out, along with price tags and shipping info. Take some time to compare the price tag of each helmet we reviewed. Or how about checking out when you’ll receive your new rad gear? We’re certain you’ll love getting a new helmet to sport on your next ATV ride. Plus, Amazon has a very important added benefit; customer reviews. With a ton of customer testimonials at your fingertips, you can easily navigate which helmet will be suitable for you. If you happen to find a better option that’s out there, but it isn’t on our list, let us know! We love seeing new and exciting gear that hasn’t made one of our lists. We always want the best of the best, as guys, for guys. Happy riding!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Do I need a helmet while trail riding?
A) You don’t face traffic on the trails. But the trails and forest roads are quite unpredictable. Bad weather, rains, and mud can cause accidents while trail riding. So, it is essential to wear a helmet at all times.
Q) Can I get a large-size youth helmet for trail riding?
A) Of course. All the top helmet manufacturers offer different sizes to choose from. So, you can easily find a large-sized youth helmet for ATV trail riding. Just remember to check the dimensions thoroughly before purchasing. That way, you can be sure that you have the right product.
Q) What type of helmet is the best for trail riding?
A) Trail riding and downhill riding can be dangerous. If the ATV loses control at high speeds, it can lead to serious injuries to the head. Therefore, you must always purchase full-face helmets that have a chin guard. A full helmet protects the entire face, head, and neck region, ensuring maximum safety while trail riding.