The modern day man-dude likes things clean. He might be a fan of tattoos and piercings, but that excessive body hair bit – that is pretty much is a no-go at this point. This is in no way an absolute statement – plenty of men out there are HAF (hairy as f**k) and unafraid. And hats off to ‘em. But for an increasing amount of the man-dude population, it is go-time on the manscaping.
It is, therefore, not surprising that the demand for body shavers is on the rise. Also called body groomers, body shavers have been around for a while, and these are designed to offer a complete clean, shaven look wherever you want. Of course, buying the best man body shaver requires some initial homework, which is why we took to the CMD man-lab to take a close look at product options at various price points, and with various strengths/weaknesses. So without further adue…
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the best body shavers for men
There are a wide number of products that are designed for men, but here are the five that we liked.
- Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit. Remington knows personal care products better than most brands, and this kit is aimed at men who want to have a complete set to themselves. There are 8 attachments in the kit, which includes a hair clipper comb with 8 length settings. The surgical steel blades are self-sharpening and meant for lasting performance, and all the attachments are washable. It runs on a Lithium Battery that offers 70 minutes of power on a full charge. It also comes with a charging stand.
- Philips Norelco Bodygroomer BG7030/49. This showerproof body trimmer from Philips is a steal for the price. This doubles up as a shaver, is skin-friendly, and is designed as one tool that works for all body zones. It has five adjustable lengths ranging from 1/8” to 7/16”). The blades are self-sharpening, and you can expect 80 minutes of cordless use with one hour of charging. The design offers maximum grip for the body groomer, so the product is super easy to use.
- MANGROOMER Professional Do-it-yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver. This product is designed exclusively for the back, and we recommend this one for its long, extendable and adjustable handle. The battery life of the product is around 3 hours, while the non-slip rubberized grip ensures maximum comfort and control. The premium blade design measures 1.5 inches so that you can shave the entire back in just a few strokes. If you are looking for a body shaver that works for the back in particular, this is the one to go for.
- Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100. This is another product in the Philips Norelco series that also comes with a back attachment. It features an extra-long back attachment, which makes it easier to shave the back. You get a shave head that prevents cuts and nicks, and three combs are included for different body hair lengths. The maintenance-free blades are self-sharpening, and you get around 50 minutes of use on full charge.
- Panasonic Electric Body Hair Trimmer and Groomer for Men ER-GK60-S. If you don’t mind spending a tad more, this product from Panasonic is a good steak. It comes with wide-edge, hypoallergenic trimmer blades, which can be used for shaving all parts of the body, including chest, back and groin. We found this product doesn’t cause any irritation on the skin, and there are additional trimmer attachments. The product is 100% washable.
How to choose the best body shaver?
Most body shavers are now cordless, so we are not talking of that aspect. In addition, you may want to check the following-
- A good body shaver should be handy enough to use.
- If the product is too heavy, it won’t be as mobile; so keep that in mind.
- Some body shavers come with many attachments, but it also depends on what the main body can do.
- Wet/dry use. You want to use the shaver under the shower, so this is an important consideration.
- It makes sense to buy a product that offers a considerable charge for one full use.
- This may depend on your budget, but think of body shaver as an investment for the long run, so don’t hesitate in paying a tad more.
- Length settings. You may also want to check this aspect because your trimming and shaving needs would be different for different parts of the body.
- The warranty on the body shaver will matter, and we recommend that you select a reliable brand.
Finally, don’t forget the two other factors – ease of cleaning and ease of use. Off you go now – go forth and manscape!