To all my guys who are firefighters, this one’s for you. We know how hard your job is and how much work you have to put in everyday of your lives. What you might not think of is the fact that you need a good watch that’s strong enough to deal with the work that you do every single day. So, we made life a little easier for you and put together this guide to finding the perfect watch that will help you fight those fires.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing top products
- Bradford Exchange “For My Firefighter” Men’s Chronograph Watch. If you are looking for a gift for someone who works as a firefighter, we recommend this product from The Bradford Exchange. Made of stainless steel with a dual-tone finish, this product is meant to last and features a golden Maltese cross. There are sub-dials in this watch for seconds, minutes and hours with a date window. On the reverse side of the watch, you will find the famed “For My Firefighter” poem engraved, which makes this an ideal product for gifting.
- FireLine 22mm Paracord Watchband Tactical Band. FireLine brings this watchband that works as a survival tool and is ideal for firefighters and those who want other uses from a watch. For instance, it can be used for tent tie-downs. Note that this is a band that’s designed to replace any 22mm watchband, and the cord is three times more effective and stronger than standard nylon ones. The rugged design makes it easy to use the band as required, and the brand called Fireline is owned by firefighters, who focus on safety.
- Casio G-Shock Heathered Black Dial Resin Quartz Male Watch. As they say, you can never go wrong with a Casio watch. This product is ideal for firefighters because it is shock resistant and water resistant for up to 200 meters. It is also magnetic resistant, comes with four alarms and a snooze alarm. You can get time zones for over 48 cities, and it comes with automatic LED light with afterglow. For firefighters who seek a known brand, this one is ideal.
- Casio G-Shock Men’s GA-800 Red One Size. This is another great watch from Casio from their G-Shock® range. It comes with a resin band that’s flexible, a specific design that’s resistant to shock, and the watch is water resistant up to 200 meters. The watch should work for firefighters for the features, and what we absolutely love is the fact the product comes in a nice red color and not something boring like black. If you are a firefighter looking for a functional yet stylish watch, this one should work.
- Aqua Force Firefighter ABS AquaforceMens Watch. Aqua Force brings this budget watch that comes with an ABS case and is water resistant for up to 50 meters. The product is pretty stylish, and we recommend this one for firefighters as the brand also offers 2 years of warranty, making it a more durable choice.
How to choose the best watches for firefighters?
- This is a no-brainer. You need a watch that’s designed for firefighters and is meant to withstand the harsh working conditions. Watches for this category are always heavy-duty, and it only makes sense to select one that can work in the long run.
- Shock resistance. Firefighters often have to deal with tough situations, which may require them to be rough with their equipment, gear and accessories. It is a wise idea to consider a watch that’s shock resistant.
- Water resistance. What also matters is water resistance because the job demands using water in most situations. You want the watch to be water resistant for at least 100 meters, if not more.
- Brand and warranty. Always go for a brand that you can rely on because watches for such tough jobs are meant to be investments. Check in advance about the warranty on the product, although brands like Casio are always worth relying on.
Now that you’ve gone through this entire guide, finding a watch that can withstandthe tasks of your job should be a lot easier. Go do great things on a timely schedule.