Excessive sweating, for the uninitiated, is also called hyperhidrosis. It can be embarrassing for those dealing with it, given that one has to be constantly conscious of sweating and odor. Some people sweat heavily from all parts of the body, but in the majority of cases, sweating is limited to certain areas, such as the palms, underarms, face and soles. It goes without saying that selecting the right deodorant or antiperspirant is the simplest way to control hyperhidrosis. There are varied products on the market, and in this post, we are drilling down into how you can choose the best deodorant and antiperspirant for excessive sweating, with five products that we think get the job done right.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top five products for excessive sweating
- Humble All-Natural Deodorant. Humble brings this amazing deodorant that doesn’t contain any parabens, aluminum, artificial bactericides, or alcohol, and is completely cruelty-free, certified by the Leaping Bunny Certification Program. The product is organic and natural and contains only five ingredients that are safe for your skin and are effective in preventing sweat. This is a unisex product that comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Degree Men Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick. This product from the known house of Degree Men offers 48-hour protection against body odor and wetness. The product is ideal for anyone who tends to sweat lot, because it does work well to prevent excessive sweating. Offering a scent with notes of zesty lemon and bergamot orange with musk, the stick is ideal for any man who has to step out in the sun or needs to feel fresh all day along. The product is tested and doesn’t irritate the skin.
- SweatBlock Antiperspirant – Clinical Strength. The product is an antiperspirant from SweatBlock that keeps your sweaty areas dry for as long as 7 days. Note that this is a clinical strength antiperspirant that has been designed for treatment of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. This is meant for men and women alike and has been tested on The Rachael Ray Show. The product is also FDA verified and is made in the USA. The brand offers a 30-day money back guarantee on this one.
- Degree Men Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant, Sport Strength. Another great product from Degree Men that’s ideal for anyone who is into active fitness or sports. If you love to keep it dry at the gym, we recommend this product that offers prescription strength wetness protection. With Degree MOTIONSENSE technology, you can feel the freshness on the move, and the deo also contains moisturizing ingredients that keep the skin hydrated and don’t cause irritation. Expect uncompromised 24-hour protection!
- Dove Men+Care Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick. Dove is one of the few brands that always gets skincare products right, and this particular one comes with a new and improve formula for 48hr protection against sweat and odor. Featuring 1/4 moisturizer technology, the product keeps the skin happy, so you don’t have to deal with rashes or irritation. The product is clinically tested and meant for regular use. Ideal for anyone who is into physical activities or prefers an active lifestyle.
How to choose the best deodorant and antiperspirant for excessive sweating?
- Start by looking for a clinical-strength antiperspirant. The clinical strength products, also called prescription strength products, basically contain more aluminum salts that work on the sweat glands and clog the pores to prevent perspiration. If you suffer from excessive sweating, you need a clinical strength antiperspirant – Period.
- Find a reliable brand. There’s a reason why reliable brands are recommended for skincare products. Firstly, you can be assured that the product has been tested well before launch, and secondly, many brands don’t include ingredients that may cause damage to the skin. Not to forget, you may get moneyback warranty on the product too.
- Don’t miss the ingredient list. Just because a product prevents sweating doesn’t mean that it is safe for your skin. To the extent possible, go for something that doesn’t include too many harsh chemicals and will not interfere with your skin’s balance. There are natural products in the market, but when it comes to clinical strength products, some chemicals are always there. If you care for animals, going for a cruelty-free product may make sense.
Okay fellas, we hope you are feeling confident that you can go out and get the best deodorant or antiperspirant for you, and get that excessive sweating under control, stat!