Baseball is one of the great American pass-times – either watching from the stands with a ballpark frank, or being out there on the field, bat in hand, on a bright and sunny day. Hard to beat. It’s also hard to beat watching your child out there, learning and growing on the sports field, learning how to be a team player and sharpening their baseball skills. Regardless of your child’s position of choice (or of their coach’s choice, more likely), you will want them to have the best equipment available to them, and within your budget, to make sure you’re giving them everything they need to learn and grow out there on the field.
One of the most important pieces of equipment in the game, bar none, is of course the baseball bat. And unfortunately, parents are often inundated with choices and options from a variety of on-line and off-line retailers. It used to be you had the choice between a wooden bat, or a wooden bat – pretty easy choice, right? Nowadays, parents have to choose between wood, aluminum, or even composite bats.
More and more parents are going with composite bats, due to their range of benefits and advantages they have over wooden and aluminum bats. You yourself have probably landed on this very page because you are trying to figure out how to lock down the best composite bat for youth baseball. Composite bats truly are the becoming the gold standard on youth baseball fields across America. But how do you choose the best one for your budding baseball star? Thought you’d never ask…
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing top composite youth baseball bats
Here is a list of composite youth baseball bats you can find:
- Rawlings 2019 Raptor USA Youth Baseball Bat. This bat is quite popular due to its balance and power. The responsiveness of the bat material provides durability and enhances the impact of every hit. The bat checks all the boxes in terms of looks, performance, and smoothness of swings, which is why it has the USA league approval. So, your kid can play for any of the baseball leagues in the USA.
- Rawlings 2019 5150-11 USA Baseball Bat. The construction material of this bat contains 100 percent composite fibers. The design ensures a quick and effective swing to give you the desired performance. The size allows young kids to comfortably hold the bat and make strong hits. The drop weight is light and it contains a durable end cap and padded grip. The engineering technology includes pop 2.0, which provides a large area of sweet spot. Each impact generates maximum power without making a lot of effort.
- Rawlings 2019 Threat USA Youth Baseball Bat. With a weight drop of -12, this bat is effective for young players. The design has all the properties, which Rawlings is famous for. You get a larger area of sweet spot to acquire the necessary balance and power. The ball easily comes with the contact of the bat, allowing your hits to become more impactful. The composite design includes the barrel of carbon fiber. This construction improves the distance of hits and gives the maximum pop.
- Easton YB17MK11 Mako Beast 2 Composite Youth Baseball Bat. Obtaining great power and speed in swings become possible with Mako Beast. The TCT Thermo barrel is a composite type combined with the ConneXion technology. Together, these technologies provide maximum energy transfer to ensure a great result with every hit. The handle is ultra-thin and contains a comfortable grip. This one is considered the best composite bat created by this brand.
- Louisville Slugger Omaha 518. You can pick the right length of this model, which meets all the Youth Baseball standards provided by the leagues in the USA. The construction offers a large area of sweet spot along with a cushioned grip. The grip is made from synthetic leather and the top of the bat contains an end cap. Hence, making a hit offers you better balance and greater power.
How to select the best composite bat for youth baseball?
Composite bats deliver premium performance, but you still need to carefully check other elements of the bat to find the best-suited option. This is how you can select your composite bat for youth baseball.
- Weight. Most composite bats are lightweight and provide a strong impact. However, you need to make sure that the weight suits the player. It should feel comfortable to pick and swing.
- Length. The length of the bat is another important property to ensure high performance. The length should reach the hip of the player. Don’t select any longer bat length, or it will affect the capacity to make hits.
- Design. Make sure the design contains a large area of sweet spot. The large size of the sweet spot increases the ability to enhance the value of every hit.
- Grip and end cap. Check the comfort of the grip along with end cap’s durability.
- League approvals. Find out if the bat aligns with the baseball standards of all major leagues.
Best composite bat for youth baseball? SOLVED. We hope you can use the above guidelines to make your selection of the perfect composite bat for your little one a breeze. Off you go now!