Gentlemen, have you ever been on your bike during a nice sunny day, just to have the sun get in your eyes and basically blind you? It sucks! While a helmet could do the job and it is of course the safe option, not all helmets come with visors to protect your eyes from things like the sun, bugs and debris, but there is still an easy solution for this problem. And even if you do have visor, it is not likely tinted for sun protection.
And this is why we thank the Almighty One for the advent of sunglasses! A good pair of sunglasses is perfect for enjoying a motorcycle ride on a nice sunny day, and let’s admit it, they can look pretty cool too! In the below guide, we’re going to be reviewing the top 5 best motorcycle sunglasses available.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- DUCO Men’s Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection. DUCO offers a sports design of sunglasses to fit all the riding requirements you have. The lens contains UV400 coating to restrict all kinds of UVA and UVB rays from harming your eyes. The polarized nature of lenses provides true color visibility by eliminating reflection and scattering of light. The triacetate material doesn’t get scratched or broken easily. The frame also complements the quality and appeal of the lenses. You get an alloy frame made from Al-Mg, which makes it suitable for all outdoor activities including motorcycle rides. The width of the lens is 2.51 inches, while the frame length is 5.67 inches.
- BEDO Polarized Sports TR90 Frame Glasses. This is another design created for outdoor activities such as motorcycle rides. You can UV400 protection, which is essential during long rides in hot summer days. At the same time, the frame impresses with its composite material construction. The lens is polarized, so you can expect a clear view without unnecessary light reflection or scattering. The lens has a width of 65 mm, while the bridge size is 20 mm. The color of the lens is blue, but you can also choose gray or white color.
- MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Aluminum Sunglasses. If you are looking for sunglasses in a metal frame, this will impress you. It is a unisex design with a composite lens, having polarizing properties. However, the most impressive and distinctive feature is the metal frame made from aluminum. The rectangular frame has a curvy design, containing a lens width of 56 mm. The polarized lenses support with glare reduction that allows you to see in all weather conditions. The scattering and reflection issues diminish, so you get a clear vision with true colors. The overall shape is modern and suits all face types.
- OutLaw Eyewear Fugitive Aluminum Tactical and Motorcycle Sunglass. Another aluminum frame design is available in a shape that covers your eyes completely. These sunglasses are considered highly effective when riding motorcycles. The polarized lenses are made from polycarbonate material. It gives uniqueness in terms of the best motorcycle sunglasses review. The lens height is 36 mm, while the width is 65 mm. The bridge between the lenses has a size of 9 mm only. This allows the shape to completely protect your eyes against debris, bugs, high wind, snow, and UV rays. The sides of the frame are thicker to provide additional coverage for your eyes on each side.
- Verdster TourDePro Motorcycle Sunglasses. The TourDePro design from Verdster is a custom-made product created to protect against UV rays. It blocks up to 99 percent of UV rays of all kinds. The stylish appeal of these sunglasses impresses both men and women. At the same time, it is comfortable and lightweight that supports during outdoor activities. The lenses have multiple layers to reduce eye strain and provide clear vision and true colors. The quality of the lenses and the style of these sunglasses are available with a lifetime warranty. So, you get the real value of the money invested.
So, when it comes to choosing some sunglasses for your motorcycle adventures, there are just a few things you should look out for that’ll give you an indication of whether your investing in a pair of low-quality or high-quality pair of glasses. You should look for sunglasses with these properties:
- High UV protection
- Durable frame
- Polarized lenses
- Multiple layer lenses
- Scratch and break proof material
Keeping your eyes peeled for these specific attributes will definitely let you know if the sunglasses you’re thinking about choosing are worth the investment and will get the job done of keeping your eyes protected while riding.