Guys, have you ever been in a situation where you’ve had to travel a long distance on your motorcycle, but maybe halfway through the trip you got super uncomfortable? Or do you have a seat on your motorcycle currently that you can’t sit on for more than 30 minutes without discomfort? If so, it may be time for a new seat!
This time, you know you don’t need just any kind of motorcycle seat, you need one that can handle long rides and keep you comfortable the entire time.
We field-tested a few of the best motorcycle seats for long distance rides and have come up with the top 5. In this guide we’ll breakdown why we chose these five and exactly what specific features you should look for when choosing a motorcycle seat.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- SKWOOSH Classic Saddle Motorcycle Gel Sea. The thickness and shape of this motorcycle seat align with reduced reach and stock seats. The included padding doesn’t impact the distance to lower controls and pegs. The outer shell has mesh fabric to make airflow possible to give you a cooler bike riding experience. The AirFlo technology sends air to every necessary area. The gel padding relieves your bones from extreme pressure. The attachment is elastic and folds easily to store anywhere. The welded construction of the seat requires no effort in terms of maintenance. The cushioning has been provided in sections to ensure traction.
- Pro Pad Tech Series SuprCruzr Gel Motorcycle Seat Pad. This seat pad has a micro spacer technology in the fabric used. This allows a neutral surface of seating with a consistent flow of air to avoid sweat accumulation during long rides in hot weather conditions. There is a cutout in a 0.5-inch polymer insert to provide proper support to the tailbone. The size and shape match all motorcycle seats. Plus, you can easily store it whenever required. The padding has a gel material instead of any cheap foam material. This gel padding performs for longer periods, which allows you to trust this seat pad on long-distance rides.
- Mustang Wide Tripper Seat Replacement. The advanced technology of Mustang is available to offer comfort when you ride your bike. This is an advanced and a new kind of custom seat for motorcycles. It aligns with all the major Harley Davidson models. It gives a curvy, cushioned place to sit while riding your bike. The construction is reliable due to the tested stitch work. The outer cover of the seat is made from glove-leather of a synthetic kind. Now, you can look stylish without compromising comfort when riding your bike. Just utilize this padded seat and upgrade your motorcycle seating.
- Mustang Motorcycle Seats One-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Seat. Mustang offers a single-piece design of seat containing both front and rear seats in one. The driver seat is wide and deep pocketed to support the back. The rear seat is a little higher and extends a little forward to help the driver attain additional support for the lower back. In the front bucket, you will see a complete skirt containing a braided edge, leather Conchos, and chrome studs. The front-side width is 17.5 inches. This is the best motorcycle seat for long distance if you are going to ride with a partner.
- Mustang Wide Vintage Recessed Passenger Seat 79110. Give a vintage touch to your motorcycle seating with this design. This 13.5-inch wide seat is reliable in terms of all-day comfort. The Polyurethane foam provides a controlled density and reaches its original shape, no matter how long you sit on it. Hence, you can trust this design for ultimate comfort and long-term performance. The cover of the seat contains expanded vinyl of the highest standards. So, you can keep using this seat year after year without losing the level of comfort or appeal.
Not all motorcycle seats are uncomfortable. There a few out there that are specifically made to keep you comfy during rides. These seats have certain qualities about them that you’ll want to keep an eye out for which are:
- Reliable construction
- Comfortable material
- Deep pockets
- Lower back support
Alright dudes, now you know exactly what to look for when you are looking for a motorcycle seat that is made for comfort. While a seat may not seem like that big of a deal in the beginning, if you are experiencing joint or back pain while riding, getting a new seat could be the perfect solution for you. Cheers, to no more uncomfortable motorcycle rides!