Looking for the Best $500 Laptop? Great. Let’s Get After It…
Personal technology is advancing quickly. As that happens, products are starting to change in price. The most advanced tech is going up in cost. Consider the newest smart phones, which are more expensive than ever. Whether you’re a college student, a remote worker, or even a casual gamer, you’re probably living on a budget. And not all of us have room in those budgets for brand new tech. Believe it or not, more available tech can also mean lower prices – if you know where to look. That’s why we put together a list of high-performing laptops for $500 or less.
You might be worried that a laptop at that price can’t keep up with more high-end tech. Don’t be. The machines on this list have all the stats you’re looking for: powerful processors, lots of memory, crystal clear displays, and up-to-date operating systems. But most importantly, they won’t drain your bank account.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- ASUS X441BA 14″ HD AMD A6-9225 Laptop. Leverage the accelerated processor AMD A6-9225 for dual-core speed of processing. The central processor balances the load with AMD Radeon and A6 APU. This allows users to conveniently use the device for multitasking without worrying about performance issues. The entertainment experience becomes highly immersive with the 14-inch HD display that contains LED backlight. The memory of 4GB supports multitasking with adequately high bandwidth. So, you can open multiple browser tabs or applications simultaneously. The hard drive allows 500GB of storage space, so you can enjoy storing an unlimited number of files. The laptop runs on Windows 10.
- Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop. Acer offers you the power of dual core AMD Ryzen processor 3-3200U. This processor can boost the frequency to a maximum of 3.5GHz. Plus, performance excellence is aided by DDR4 RAM of 4GB. You can store all your documents and files comfortably due to the presence of 128GB SSD memory. The screen is wide and supported with LED-backlit to improve your viewing experience. The connectivity options are plenty with USB 3.1, USB 2.0, and an HDMI port. The device supports 802.11AC Wi-Fi and also provides the backlit feature in the keyboard.
- Acer Aspire E 15 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U. Reach the maximum processing frequency of 3.4GHz with 8thgeneration i3-8130U Intel core processor. This processing speed will not let you face any time lag, no matter how many tabs or apps you open. The screen size is 15.6 inches to deliver HD display. You will get to utilize dual channel RAM of 6GB to enjoy an uninterrupted performance. Along with that, the battery life of 13.5 hours makes this laptop more reliable for users. The security of having Windows 10 improves the productivity of a user. So, you can trust this Acer Aspire model for your purpose.
- Dell Inspiron 15.6 inch HD Touchscreen Laptop. You get smart mobile dual-core processor Intel i5-7200U to deliver HD excellence in processing speed. The computing experience improves in the presence of a touchscreen, offering HD quality and LED-backlit. You can enjoy playing your favorite games, watch movies and shows on the high resolution screen of 15.6 inches. The device contains DDR4 memory of 8GB along with 256GB of SSD memory. So, multitasking and storage space don’t become a concern. The device has integrated technology of Bluetooth 4.0, which makes it the best 500 dollar laptop.
- HP Premium 15.6-inch HD Laptop. AMD A6-9225 Intel Dual-Core processor provides a frequency of 2.6 GHz that can even reach to a level of 3.0 GHz. The upgraded RAM of 8GB enables multitasking without any trouble. You can use the Bluetooth connectivity and utilize Webcam as well. The combination of microphone and headphone jack is available. The connectivity options include HDMI port, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0 of Type-A. The OS of this device is Windows 10, which brings productivity due to familiarity, security, and flexibility. The design is sleek and stylish and the weight is pretty light as well. Hence, you can carry this laptop anywhere conveniently.
Because as newer technology becomes available to consumers and the devices evolve, certain items will become more affordable, too. This includes computers! You will definitely get the best bang for your buck with these guys. We made sure of it. The last thing we wanted to do was slap together five laptops that happened to cost around $500. We would never! Our research is sound when it comes to comprising our lists, and this is an important one. Having a reliable laptop is just about a must in this day and age. Plus, not everyone can afford the high-end devices. We get it, I’m one of those people myself. As much as I’d love to drop a load of dough on a new, expensive computer, it just isn’t the cards. So, I’m right there with you.
The five devices below are dependable. Everyone is on the connectivity train, right? You will have no issues with staying connected while using these computers. Whether it’s Wi-Fi you’re using or another device as a hotspot, you will have great internet with fast speeds to keep you surfing. And every computer in the age of the internet needs the best protection, like a fortress. There are tons of enemies just waiting for a chance to intrude out there. Picking a computer with the best in cyber security is important, because everything on your computer is important and we want you to totally keep everything safe, guys.
Consider what you’re looking for in a new laptop. The machines in this list will meet all of those needs – and more. But they won’t put a strain on you financially. A $10 Netflix subscription makes sense, but dropping thousands of dollars on an overpowered machine doesn’t. And speaking of Netflix, we bet you love streaming, too. If you’re an on the go guy like many of us dudes, you can totally use any of these machines for streaming. And they aren’t just reliable for watching your favorites, but they will have an excellent picture on their display that will have you saying, “Whoa.” Trust us!
Don’t let the prices of flashy new bloatware laptops scare you away from buying the tech you need. The options on this list won’t let you down – and they won’t empty your wallet. And just in case we haven’t provided enough details to get the ball rolling, we took the liberty of providing a link for each and every one of these bad boys. Go ahead and click one, we dare ya. It’ll launch you right over to everyone’s favorite online shopping entity, Amazon. There you will find tons of additional details about each computer that may not be listed in our review. Because we want you to be able to soak up every fine detail about these awesome computers. More performance, money saved. And hey, if for some reason you decide on a device that’s not on our list, don’t sweat it! Our main priority is to leave you happy and satisfied, as well as educated on your options. There are plenty of them out there and we believe these five are the best. Go find out for yourself and happy hunting!