Looks like you need the best way to cook corn on the cob. Let’s get after it…
Corn lovers would agree that nothing probably feels more heavenly than freshly grilled corn on the cob. Of course, getting the recipe right at home can be a bummer, because the corn must be cooked to the right degree to prevent that overdone effect. In case you have been looking for the best way to cook corn on the cob on the grill, we have a simple guide for your help.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Camerons Products Corn Grilling Basket
Get the right corn grilling basket/grill
It is more than important that you have a good grill at home because that makes it so much easier. What you also need for grilling corn on the cob is a grilling basket or rack depending on the mode of cooking. There are some amazing options, and we have sorted the four best ones that we liked.
- Camerons Products Corn Grilling Basket. This is a non-stick corn griller, which comes with a rosewood handle that makes it super easy to use, and yes, you can cook 4 ears of corn at the same time. The non-stick grilling surface makes this product unique, and the handle is considerably longer than average ones with a locking feature.
- Bandwagon Corn Grilling Rack. If you want to grill your corn inside an OTG or electric grill, you will need a corn grilling rack, and this product comes in a set of two trays. Ideal for making barbequed corn, the trays are made of stainless steel and can hold 6 ears of corn, which is just enough for a family and the design is such that you can even place meat skewers to reduce cooking time when required.
- Internet’s Best Stainless Steel Corn Grilling Basket. Made of stainless steel, this is a great basket for grilling eight cobs of corn together. The best part of this product is the construction, which is meant for heavy-duty use and durability. The product is also dishwasher safe for those interested and is among the affordable choices.
- Corn Grill Basket by Ace1 Quality Products. Another budget grill basket for starters, this product can Ace1 Quality Products can hold four cobs of corn. Ideal for using both indoors and outdoors, the basket is made of stainless steel.
Discover the best way to cook corn on the cob on the grill
First and foremost, start by looking for the best corn you can find in the market. Check if the kernels are plump enough so that you don’t miss out on the juices. Tassels on the corn should be ideally brown or light yellow in color, which says that the ear of corn is fresh. Here are the steps for grilling.
- Ideally, you should be grilling the corn over the heat directly for that extra softness, and for those who want to steam it better, let the husk on, which just helps in getting the doneness right. Fret not if the husk goes black, because the corn is still fine.
- Actual cooking process. Heat up the grill and when that’s done, grill your corn. You can use a basket or tray, depending on the grilling method you are using. You should be done in 5 minutes on one side, but turn the sides and cook on the other side, as well. The total grilling time is ideally around 20 minutes, and you will see that the exposed kernels have charred, while the husk has blackened.
- Serving the corn. Don’t just use regular salt and butter on the grilled corn on the cob – Add in some sugar! In fact, make sure to add one-third of sugar for every two-third of salt, and yes, the butter can be in amount of your choice.
A lot of people prefer soaking the corn, but that’s a matter of your cooking style. We recommend that you leave the husk one, which may change color, but your corn is nicely protected. That’s exactly how people decades back would try making corn. Make sure that you rotate each ear of corn every five minutes during the grilling time because if the heating isn’t even, you will not like the taste later, no matter the amount of butter you add. Get a nice tray for grilling corn on the cob as it makes the job so much easier.
Getting your corn to be cooked to absolute perfection does not have to be a huge challenge. And we get it, corn on the cob is delicious when it’s made just right. Why not try a new technique and see if you can get it to absolute perfection every time you make it. Because what we aim to do here at Club ManDude is make your life easier by providing you straightforward options that keep things simple. When we get a chance to save our guys some time by condensing all the options down to just a few, it gives you more time to do the things you love. In this case, preparing and enjoying some amazing corn on the cob. And once you have that great technique for making it, you get to use it every time and rely on the fact that you know you will love it every time. There are so many different products and techniques out there, it can be daunting trying to sift through every option out there while trying to figure out what exactly is going to be the best. So let us take on the challenge of figuring out what the best way is. We will take all the guesswork out of the situation for you so you can choose from a few easy options and start making that corn on the cob perfectly every time.
When you take a look at the items we found, you will notice that the best way to cook corn on the cob to perfection is the right grilling basket. Corn on the cob grilled is amazing, but it can be tough to do it right without the right tool. So when you take a look at the options we have provided, you will see some excellent grilling baskets for a great price that won’t break the bank and will set you up for success every time. Toss your ears of corn into the basket, close them in, toss them on the grill, flip them halfway through, and boom, you have perfect corn on the cob! These baskets make things super easy and will save you time too. It all boils down to preference with these bad boys. We do not expect you to know which corn cob basket brands are going to be the absolute best, so let us help you out by figuring it out for you. Because we love to take on the challenge of figuring out which options are going to be the best of the best. First, we figured out that a grilling basket is going to be the best way to grill your corn. Then, we set out to figure out which grilling baskets were going to be the absolute best when it comes time to grill that corn on the cob. Check out the ones we found and decide what your preference is! We are confident that you can find yourself an awesome grilling basket for your corn on the cob, giving you the confidence to grill it to perfection every, single time.
And what is even better is the fact that we found absolutely affordable, comparable options. It really does come down to preference. When you compare the prices of these corn grilling baskets, you will see that they have great pricing that is not going to break the bank. Obviously, a grilling basket isn’t going to be a high-priced option, so take a look at what each option has to offer and you may just find a feature that leaves you saying “yes” to one of our options. And if you happen to find an even better option out there, let us know! We always want to do our absolute best to stay on top of the best options that are out there, no matter how we collect the information.
Let’s suppose you want a little more information before you buy. We’ve got you covered! One of the great benefits of living in the age of the internet is being able to head right over to a place like Amazon and see exactly what other consumers are saying about products before you buy them. So hope on over to everyone’s favorite online marketplace and take a look at what other grillers like yourself are saying about these corn grilling baskets. You are going to find plenty of positive reviews because these options are really great. Sure, you may get a negative review here and there. It’s to be expected. But you will find an overwhelming majority of positivity when you check out some reviews.
We want you to be able to grill your corn to absolute perfection every time you grill. And with one of these excellent corn grilling baskets, we are certain that you will get excited about making the perfect corn on the cob every time you grill. Enjoy, fellas!