Corn lovers would agree that nothing probably feels more heavenly than freshly grilled corn on the cob. Of course, getting the recipe right at home can be a bummer, because the corn must be cooked to the right degree to prevent that overdone effect. In case you have been looking for the best way to cook corn on the cob on the grill, we have a simple guide for your help.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Camerons Products Corn Grilling Basket
Get the right corn grilling basket/grill
It is more than important that you have a good grill at home because that makes it so much easier. What you also need for grilling corn on the cob is a grilling basket or rack depending on the mode of cooking. There are some amazing options, and we have sorted the four best ones that we liked.
- Camerons Products Corn Grilling Basket. This is a non-stick corn griller, which comes with a rosewood handle that makes it super easy to use, and yes, you can cook 4 ears of corn at the same time. The non-stick grilling surface makes this product unique, and the handle is considerably longer than average ones with a locking feature.
- Bandwagon Corn Grilling Rack. If you want to grill your corn inside an OTG or electric grill, you will need a corn grilling rack, and this product comes in a set of two trays. Ideal for making barbequed corn, the trays are made of stainless steel and can hold 6 ears of corn, which is just enough for a family and the design is such that you can even place meat skewers to reduce cooking time when required.
- Internet’s Best Stainless Steel Corn Grilling Basket. Made of stainless steel, this is a great basket for grilling eight cobs of corn together. The best part of this product is the construction, which is meant for heavy-duty use and durability. The product is also dishwasher safe for those interested and is among the affordable choices.
- Corn Grill Basket by Ace1 Quality Products. Another budget grill basket for starters, this product can Ace1 Quality Products can hold four cobs of corn. Ideal for using both indoors and outdoors, the basket is made of stainless steel.
Discover the best way to cook corn on the cob on the grill
First and foremost, start by looking for the best corn you can find in the market. Check if the kernels are plump enough so that you don’t miss out on the juices. Tassels on the corn should be ideally brown or light yellow in color, which says that the ear of corn is fresh. Here are the steps for grilling.
- Ideally, you should be grilling the corn over the heat directly for that extra softness, and for those who want to steam it better, let the husk on, which just helps in getting the doneness right. Fret not if the husk goes black, because the corn is still fine.
- Actual cooking process. Heat up the grill and when that’s done, grill your corn. You can use a basket or tray, depending on the grilling method you are using. You should be done in 5 minutes on one side, but turn the sides and cook on the other side, as well. The total grilling time is ideally around 20 minutes, and you will see that the exposed kernels have charred, while the husk has blackened.
- Serving the corn. Don’t just use regular salt and butter on the grilled corn on the cob – Add in some sugar! In fact, make sure to add one-third of sugar for every two-third of salt, and yes, the butter can be in amount of your choice.
A lot of people prefer soaking the corn, but that’s a matter of your cooking style. We recommend that you leave the husk one, which may change color, but your corn is nicely protected. That’s exactly how people decades back would try making corn. Make sure that you rotate each ear of corn every five minutes during the grilling time because if the heating isn’t even, you will not like the taste later, no matter the amount of butter you add. Get a nice tray for grilling corn on the cob as it makes the job so much easier.