Looks like you need the best inexpensive drill press. Let’s get after it…
Anyone who works with wood needs to have a drill press, and there are quite a few choices in the market. There are basically two kinds of drill presses available – bench type and floor type, and both have a few pros and cons. The bench type drill press is basically used on a table or bench and is great for drilling smaller holes. If you need something more powerful, floor type drill presses are much better and can drill bigger, larger and deeper holes. Enough for the initial jibber jabber, let’s get into the guide for finding the best inexpensive drill press.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
WEN 4210 Drill Press with Laser
Reviewing the best choices
In this post, we have included five bench-style drills presses that have great features and offer real value for money.
- WEN 4210 Drill Press with Laser. If you are looking for a budget drill press, this product from WEN is an ideal buy under $150. The product has a different variant that doesn’t include the laser, but this one comes with a class II 1mW laser. All the necessary tools for assembly are included, and you can adjust between five speeds, ranging from 600 to 3100 RPM. We found this Wen product to be durable both in terms of power and torque. The product weighs 51 pounds and comes with two AA batteries included.
- Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation Drill Press. This product from Dremel is an ideal workstation and comes with a wrench. The product has a tool holder that’s very effective for holding tools at 90 degrees, while theflex shaft tool stand allows easy adjustment of height, with a range from 16-inch to 29-inch. The product also comes with cord management clips and is compatible with a bunch of Dremel Rotary Tool models. Priced below $100, this is another standard drill press for most budgets.
- SKIL 3320-01 3.2 Amp 10-Inch Drill Press. Priced right under $150, this is one of the best-selling power magnetic drill presses in the market. This Skil product comes with a bump-off switch for safety, and you get to adjust between five speeds, ranging from 570 to 3,050 RPM. The depth stop is adjustable for accurate and repetitive work. It relies on a 2-beam laser for alignment of the hole. SKIL is one of the better brands for drill presses, and this product is particularly likeable.
- HICO Bench Top Drill Press. Priced under $99, this is a steal budget drill press from Hico that comes with ½-inch keyed chuck, chuck key and tools for assembly along with the drill press. You have five-speed settings, ranging from 760 RPM to 3070 RPM, which helps in working on varied kinds of materials with diverse thickness. The torque and power of the press is assured with a 2/5HP induction motor. The worktable is made of cast iron, measures 6-1/2 x 6-1/2-inch and can be adjusted for height.
- Genesis GDP805P 8 In. 5-Speed 2.6 Amp Drill Press. This drill press from Genesis comes with a ½-inch chuck & tilt table. It features a 2.6-amp induction motor, which ensures a smooth and easy performance without noise, and you have the choice of five different speeds. The product can drill to the center for 8-inch material. The worktable can tilt up 45°. For the price of less than $100, this is a perfect steal.
How to buy an inexpensive drill press?
To find the best inexpensive drill press, start by looking for a few basic things, like –
- The brand. It should be a known brand that offers quality products, especially clamps for bench type drill press.
- The base. The accuracy depends largely on the base, so you want to be sure that it’s absolutely flat.
- The stopper. The product should have a stopper so that the user doesn’t end up drilling too deep.
- Speeds available. Variable speed settings up to 5 are extremely desirable, even for the budget drill presses.
- The size. The size of the drill press must be enough for you work and handle your wood easily. Products that have a wider throat depth are better at handling larger wood sizes.
With all those aspects in mind, check the products we have mentioned and pick one. For a good drill press, it is wise to pay the right price, so that quality of work is not compromised
When you’re looking for the right drill press, you want to find a quality tool that is going to last for years to come and always get the job done. Now, when adding in the factor of finding one that’s inexpensive, things can get tricky. Looking through all the different options out there can be daunting, and you have to find an option that won’t break the bank while staying in good shape for a long time. That can be tough because finding budget options can be a crap chute a lot of the time. Being met with products that break easily is not what we are looking to do. But we happily take on all comers and love a good challenge. That’s why Club ManDude is here, to take on the challenge of finding cost effective drill presses that you are going to love. Our main priority is to help keep life simple for our guys by taking the time to track down all the options we think you will love. That way you can get back to doing the things you enjoy most, busting out those power tools to jump into that next great project you’ve been wanting to start.
When you check out these options, you will see that these options include brands that have been making guys happy for a number of years. We don’t expect you to know every brand off the top of your head, but let us bring them to you and you can familiarize yourself with them if you aren’t already. There are plenty of options out there, let us find the best ones. And one of the great things about finding an awesome tool manufacturer is that they typically make a bunch of great products. So peruse some of the other stuff out there if you find a brand you like. These drill presses are phenomenal and come at a great price that’s hard to beat. And each of these options is made of high-quality materials that are made to last. When you make machines with integrity and the right materials, you will have excellent tools that are going to last for a really long time.
When you compare prices, you will see that we have cultivated a list of comparable, fair prices between each of the options that we discovered. Getting a great drill press for an affordable price doesn’t have to break the bank. Because that’s the name of the game here, right? Finding the right options without costing an arm and a leg. And we believe we have successfully done just that! When you check out the presses that we added to our list, we think that you are going to be very happy with what you see. From the prices to the quality of the tool to the functionality. These babies are the entire package and plenty of people have had a lot of success with them and grown to love them. In fact, we have a way for you to discover even further just how much consumers are loving these drill presses.
If you want to get some additional info, we have got you covered. Nothing is more honest than someone reviewing a product on the internet. You can find out exactly what people are thinking about almost any product before you buy. From the good, to the bad, to the ugly, we have seen it all. That’s why we ensure that we are bringing you options with a majority of positive reviews from customers. Sure, you may get a negative review here and there, but you can’t please everyone. So you’ll notice that most people have a lot of positive things to say about these affordable drill presses. I mean, if we were bringing you options with a bunch of negative reviews, we just wouldn’t be doing our job, would we? So check out what people think, you may just find some specific features that pique your interest enough to say “yes”.
At the end of the day, finding an inexpensive, reliable drill press doesn’t have to be hard. Let us do the hard part for you so you simply just have to choose which one! Our hope is that one of the options on our list is the right one for you, so you can start using it and get into whatever project you need it for. And being that we’re dealing with power tools here, you guys know the importance of wearing the right safety gear while using them. Always make sure you wear those safety glasses, whether you think you need them or not. Nothing is worse than debris flying in the eyes, so protect them and enjoy your next project!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What other uses are there for drill presses other than drilling holes?
Drilling holes is the primary use of any drill press, but they can be used for other purposes as well. If you have the right attachment or bit, you will be able to use the machine for deburring metal or wood, buff or polish metal or wood surfaces, clean or sand metal and wood, and even drill square holes.
2. What are the common types of add-ons available for drill presses?
Some drill presses come with accessories that are designed to provide maximum versatility. Some of the popular add-ons include extra chucks, grippers, inbuilt light, laser, key storage. If there are more accessories, you can expect your drill press to perform better.
3. Is it important to have variable speed?
Yes, it is absolutely important. When you have variable speeds, you will be able to drill through different types of materials with greater precision. It is no news that you need a different speed for cutting through the plastic as compared to metal. Hence, you should try to find a drill press that at least offers 5 variations.